58 coaches online • Server time: 16:10
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post Having issues launch...goto Post Gnome Box ranking pa...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
poi66

Post   Posted: Jan 23, 2004 - 08:13 Reply with quote Back to top

I like playing stunty and I do it very much, but I hate to take on snots - they are way too overpowered.

I said this once in a thread - the response I got was:" Show me winning snots and we talk again". Don´t remeber the guys name. What is the point of winning a match when you can dump your team after it?

To proof my point I stopped playing against snots and made my own.

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=49702

Their record is now 5/5/1 with +5 td and +21 cas. The only loss 0:1 was in their very first match against a regen team with 31 more tr than I had.
So I dare to say, they are winning - and they are wasting teams.

5 guys with st 5 and more + 2 poisoned daggers is pathetic. Not much stunty left in here IMO. I would lower them down to

1 pumpwagon
1 sporeflinger
2 trolls

and give them someone who is able to handle the ball a little or a new gimmick whose target is not to destroy but to score. I wanted to suggest this a long time ago, but I had to test them out myself - to get sure I am right. I really would like to have some opinions to this...
thmbscrws

Post   Posted: Jan 23, 2004 - 08:25 Reply with quote Back to top

You will note that on the fumbbl race page http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=stats&op=race snots perform worse than any other stunty team with the exception of goblins and flings whose stats are skewed because they play in open as well. I think that this is a better indicator of how balanced the team is then the 11 games you have played with your one team.

Post   Posted: Jan 23, 2004 - 08:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Also two big guys and two secret weapons is pretty standard for the str 2 stunty teams. If you were to give snots the exact same thing as the str two teams, and sub par big guys at that, what would the pay off for being str 1 be?

Post   Posted: Jan 23, 2004 - 08:50 Reply with quote Back to top

I on the otherhand agree, sure 2 secretweapons are standard, but the snots have four, 2 beeing daggers and 2 the mv 6 fanatics (pumpwagons). I think that they are just to good at beating things up as it is right now, remove the daggers or remove a troll and i think it will work a lot better. Remeber that the stats are a total of all played games, that includes the snots roster prior to the weapons (when it was a bit underpowered).

/Asperon
poi66

Post   Posted: Jan 23, 2004 - 08:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, these race statistics are pretty cool... lol

Skinks behind nurgle, cheaters, gnomes, fairies, chaos flings - thats a good one. In the right hands they beat them all at ease.

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=29948

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=48327

And also great on this statistic is the negative cas for snots. I don´t believe one single serious snot player has negative cas.
Mnemon

Post   Posted: Jan 23, 2004 - 12:25 Reply with quote Back to top

poi66 has a point in as much as the original setup of the snots are part of those statistics ... for those that forgot take a look at my Reservoir Snots. As I couldn't play since August they still follow the original team setup - 3 trolls, no secret weapons, ma4 across the team. At that time they were _not_ as competitive, and by far not as bashy as some of the other stunty teams.

-Mnemon
olivers

Post   Posted: Jan 23, 2004 - 12:43 Reply with quote Back to top

The fanatics can be match losers too. I play snots and ST1 hurts a lot although the 3 trolls helps as does regen, spore flingers give you the extra edge. If you take a basic team without pumps your TR is ok, once you take the pumps it goes up. My 30 game trolls were about the same rating as a new team with pumps until I retired a few players.

Skinks have a too high TR to play while we are on this topic and nurgle/gobbos seems about right.
Kheldar1982

Post   Posted: Jan 23, 2004 - 13:39 Reply with quote Back to top

You mean STR not TR, right?
Mastermind

Post   Posted: Jan 23, 2004 - 13:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Haha, snots are pathetic. As soon as their pump wagon gets sent off or drops dead, they haven't got a hope. Stomp all thier snotlings and the trolls are too stupid to do anything. Snotlings can't stop hobbits from scoring!

And if they come under scrutiny, they haven't got a hope in hell!
poi66

Post   Posted: Jan 23, 2004 - 14:03 Reply with quote Back to top

hmm... a win record against snots of 6/1/3 looks not like no hope in hell...

don´t get me wrong - I am against snots because they are too powerful, do not underrate their scoring power. In the right hands and with a little luck each of them can be a one turner.

If you really are that lucky to get under scrutiny, well that is another thing. But u will not gain too much chances of rolling handicaps, because snots have always a low tr. Mine were able to win a match under scruitiny as well...

BTW - u conceded against my gobbos and they are by far not that brutal than my snots... (-;
tarzom

Post   Posted: Jan 23, 2004 - 14:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Don't forget - Snotlings have recently had their apothecary option taken away, so it really hurts when those pump wagons collapse.
Britnoth

Post   Posted: Jan 23, 2004 - 16:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Since when can a collapsed ball + chain be apothed?
SnakeSanders

Post   Posted: Jan 26, 2004 - 14:48 Reply with quote Back to top

talking about really hurt... since the rules review my quite successful chaos fling team is next to useless now!!! my mino who got 55 cas in 20 games who doesnt have tentacles will just stand about now... Sad

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=36812
Jarnageddon

Post   Posted: Jan 26, 2004 - 14:57 Reply with quote Back to top

They lost the option to buy an apothecary, if they've already got one they can keep it.
Which sucks!

This is my Snots, they've won an IST and made the finals twice but not an overly impressive match record.

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=39276