34 coaches online • Server time: 15:00
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Do you play to win?
I Play for blood what's the ball?
14%
 14%  [ 348 ]
I play to win a stun is as good as a cas for me during a drive.
29%
 29%  [ 723 ]
Both, blood and glory for me!
56%
 56%  [ 1405 ]
Total Votes : 2476

cusi

Post 1 Posted: Jan 27, 2004 - 19:08 Reply with quote Back to top

1)Do All Non-Dice Roll Moves First
If the Ball is in Range of an opponent always cover it with these moves, protect the ball!

2)Do important 2 dice blocks second!
Do not start your drive off with a big guy unless you are out of rerolls. Do not ever roll dice with him first again unless you are out of rerolls! Your blitz should be the most important and well thought out block of your turn. Your Blitz should always be a 2db if you can make it one and should garner you an important field position.

3)After you have covered the ball and done your 2 dice blocks you should do your important 1d6 ball rolls next. The Ball should be protected so even if you mishandle the ball handling you can recover from this roll next turn.

4)Next, if you feel inclined, do your unimportant gratuitous 1db, but remember that positioning is important, if you fail a 1db you just gave your opponent an oportunity to move a player wherever he wants to freely. Many times it is better to lave a lineman holding a position so the other team can't move their player rather than fail a risky 1db.

5)Don't block with big guys first, dont blitz with big guys unless it is extremely gratuitous both are rookie moves.

6)Foul like a surgeon not like a clubber, foul tactically or strategically and when you do make it count, fouling a 0spp lineman because he was there is lame unless you have the ref, fouling the str 5 wardancer is just good sense.

7)Keeping your opponents from scoring Td's and scoring your own are the keys to winning a Blood Bowl Match. Remember this.

Last edited by cusi on Jan 27, 2004 - 23:03; edited 3 times in total
Zy-Nox

Post   Posted: Jan 27, 2004 - 19:24 Reply with quote Back to top

I play for both
Cusi whats this fouling me nonsense, when i said always foul i didnt mean ME.

Post   Posted: Jan 27, 2004 - 19:46 Reply with quote Back to top

7)Keeping your opponents from scoring Td's and scoring your own are the keys to winning a Blood Bowl Match. Remember this.

Thanks, John Madden! Wink

Post   Posted: Jan 27, 2004 - 20:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Cool Foul that lineman if you have a dp... you;ll get away with it and it will make you feel better when you niggle the punk. Every player counts. Smile

Post   Posted: Jan 27, 2004 - 20:41 Reply with quote Back to top

If it had said "a KO is as good as a CAS during a drive" then I'd choose that, but not a stun.
BadMrMojo

Post   Posted: Jan 27, 2004 - 20:55 Reply with quote Back to top

MixX wrote:
If it had said "a KO is as good as a CAS during a drive" then I'd choose that, but not a stun.

Nah, change it to a BH is as good as a SI or RIP and it's got my vote. Smile

Post   Posted: Jan 27, 2004 - 21:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Oh, and stop trying to teach the noobs strat...

I need to get some wins you know....

Post   Posted: Jan 27, 2004 - 21:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Cool If you can put a player out of bounds, try to do so Very Happy
Darkwolf

Post   Posted: Jan 27, 2004 - 21:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Cool Play coaches from Italy. They are easy to beat and when they get mad and swear at you it's really funny. /sarcasm

Lots of good tips there Cusi. I am also using the Grum strategy of "If you don't want to have a turnover from a failed GFI, DONT gfi."

I notice that my big guys now develop more slowly since I use them last more often in a game. I really need a few mvp's to get them block and/or pro. If I don't get mvp's, my big guys take awhile to develop. But I do win games as the oafs are not costing me turnovers.

Post   Posted: Jan 27, 2004 - 22:17 Reply with quote Back to top

9) Watch what your opponent is doing and try to predict what his next move is going to be. Additionally, try to plan on where you will want to be during your next turn. Helps your tactics and makes the game move faster.

10) Just to reiterate: DO YOUR NO RISK MOVES FIRST! If you have a guy who's just sitting on the ground and going to mark a receiver, then move him before rolling any pickups, blocks, dodges, etc... Sometimes you have a guy standing in the clear and you want to throw a block and make a hole for him before moving him. That's different. Learn to tell the difference.

11) Count on every single roll you make failing miserably. Try to see where that will leave you (in terms of field position) when it happens. If you have a big hole on your flank, for example, try to close it up before hitting the flings. Double skulls happen... with alarming frequency.

12) Protect the ball carrier and the ball. Even elves fail pickups. Don't just send one guy after a loose ball if you have the choice.

13) Foul ZY. A lot. Just because it's fun.

14) Watch and learn. Replays are wonderful. Spectating is wonderful. Spectating with people who know their stuff and are willing to share tidbits like, "I woulda sent that guy in for an assist and made a path on the left." is even better. Watch what people do right and what fails miserably. Soon you'll see what consistently works (taking luck into account here) and what consistently doesn't.

Post   Posted: Jan 27, 2004 - 22:36 Reply with quote Back to top

15) Remember, no matter how much you love your leapy blodgy +st wardancer or you Blockle, MB, Multi Block Ogre, they will eventually die or niggle, its just a game and the fellow playing you did not just slap your mother. Take it in stride. Never EVER drop out of a game because of a casualty. Never scream at the opposing coach and call them names.

16) Make sure you check your opponents roster before accepting the game. Its too late to complain in-game about the two dirty players who just shredded your line up.

17) Think. Then Do. But do it during your opponents turn so your turns don't take more than 3-4 minutes (which is still slow)

18 ) Despite my usual humouristic take on fouling, the only reason to foul is to gain a tactical advantage. If you find yourself fouling "just cuz" your en route to losing the game.

19) Never rely on a big guy to do anything right unless he is the only one who can blitz the ball carrier.

20) Never pass up a touchdown unless you are 100% confident you can safely stall. If its in doubt. Hit the end zone and pray yer opponent rolls a few ones.

Post   Posted: Jan 27, 2004 - 22:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Darkwolf wrote:

Lots of good tips there Cusi. I am also using the Grum strategy of "If you don't want to have a turnover from a failed GFI, DONT gfi."

BadMrMojo wrote:

11) Count on every single roll you make failing miserably. Try to see where that will leave you (in terms of field position) when it happens. If you have a big hole on your flank, for example, try to close it up before hitting the flings. Double skulls happen... with alarming frequency.

both are important, relying on dice to bail you out is poor strategy, plan your plays to involve the least amount of dice rolling you can rather than the most.

Play Mully to learn to curse effectively. Twisted Evil
Play Mezir to learn how to whine effectively. Evil or Very Mad
Play Mnemon if yout hink you have bad luck.Confused
Exclamation
Cool

Post   Posted: Jan 27, 2004 - 23:51 Reply with quote Back to top

But my other tip also, is to play randomly at times and change things up. I have scored more td's from using the SAME formations, but different ways to score from it. Coaches tend to play on what they have seen and react to it. Change up defensive strategies and offensive strategies.

Catchers are good players on the LOS. Having 8ma blodgers in the middle of the pitch is a great tactic.

Running the ball WITHOUT total caging is the most difficult thing to do in Bloodbowl. It is the most effective use of time and blocking.

Post   Posted: Jan 28, 2004 - 00:37 Reply with quote Back to top

I agree with Darkwolf here.

I never go in with a set game plan. Hell, my starting line up is usually a random scattering of my players!! (I can never make my mind up!!) Wink

I ALWAYS try and adapt my play depending on my opponents moves. It's gotta be the only way to play.
Although due to my ineptness this often means scrambling for the ball!!

A tactic I use when I have the ball and just know it's gonna be popped out of my hands on the next turn (typically due to pressure from the other player) - throw it to an empty square as far away from the other team as possible. (obviously as a last resort!).
So begins the chase.

Using this these tactics I recently held back 9 opposing team players with just 2 of my men on the pitch and 4 turns to go. Almost got a score out of it too!! (a poxy wardancer ruined it for me - but it was still a draw)

As for caging...well, it all depends on your team. I don't think I have ever seen woodies try and cage. Play to your teams strength.
If you have pace...use it when you get the chance. If not...well, just bash your way along.

Post   Posted: Jan 28, 2004 - 01:47 Reply with quote Back to top

)Foul like a surgeon not like a clubber, foul tactically or strategically and when you do make it count, """"fouling a 0spp lineman because he was there is lame unless you have the ref"""""", fouling the str 5 wardancer is just good sense.

if he will be able to do harm in your oponents turn then he should be stunned... so go on and foul him
 Jump to: