32 coaches online • Server time: 11:37
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Old Wo...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Danisheraser

Post 1 Posted: Jan 28, 2004 - 18:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Lately there have been running a lot of talk about people only playing againts teams they are sure they can win against. I agree that it is annoying that nobody ever wants to play against your team even though it has the same TR/ST or lower than your opponents. (Since I am new I can only talk for those who knows about these problems)

My idea here is like the one I tried in a email bb game which actually ran pretty well except for the extremely slow gameplay.

There should be a Division with the LRB rules but you can challenge other teams here. In the Overview you should be able to challenge other teams in this division. The team you then challenge have 1(or more/less) day to accept the challenge. If he accepts the game goes as normal. If he doesn't he gets a Loss on his team roster and you get a win. Though it should only be possible to challenge teams with +/- 25 TR/SR.
Now lets say that you dont have time to play because of real life things and you do not wish to be challenged. Then you can set your team to be "not available" for a challenge.

I think this form for division might help the problem many have against teams that dont want to play with them.

Please post your opinions and constructive critique.

Post   Posted: Jan 28, 2004 - 18:42 Reply with quote Back to top

There is the "Factions" Division you might wanna check this out. Factions is a totally stupid name that tells absolutely nothing about it, but its pretty close to what you would like to play i think. You have to invest a little bit more time in that division though, since you have to arrange matches yoursef. Give it a shot.
BadMrMojo

Post   Posted: Jan 28, 2004 - 18:46 Reply with quote Back to top

If you feel like doing some reading, this has come up a number of times in the past as well. There may be some good information for you. Just do a search in the forums for "Challenge" if you want to know how things went previously.

I'm personally against it but each to his own. As I'm fond of trying - however ineptly - to defend Christer, Klipp and SkiJunkie's respective works and efforts, let me simply point out that a challenge league wasn't part of the design, concept or wishes of Christer (and therefore FUMBBL), according to humble interpretations of previous conversations on the topic.

(believe it or not, that's honestly not sarcasm, just my opinion. I'm just trying very hard not to flame anyone, lest I get (sob) ignored)

Post   Posted: Jan 28, 2004 - 18:49 Reply with quote Back to top

I would just like to comment one thing.

The creators behind Fumbbl have done a Very very good job. As an old Blood Bowl veteran I think this is the closest you can get to "real" blood bowl on a computer. Very good. I will however read more about this as you mentioned, Mojo.
Mully

Post   Posted: Jan 28, 2004 - 21:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Danish - Create a league called Danish's Challenge League for all Div T teams.

Then set the rules accoringly. Although you cannot directly give a team a loss on their roster , you could have a tourney scoring system where you give them negative points for declining a challenge. What you suggest can be done easily, just not in the open division.

Post   Posted: Jan 29, 2004 - 00:12 Reply with quote Back to top

The old A.N.A.R.C.H.I.S.T. league was run on a challenge format. Feel free to pester me in IRC, if you'd like some advice from my past experiences.

As Always,
Evolve To Anarchism

Post   Posted: Jan 29, 2004 - 00:39 Reply with quote Back to top

All you have to do is run your own league, set up a dedicated chat channel and have the rule of the channel be that nobody can refuse a challenge once you step into that channel.

You may want to set TR limits if you wish, but that's it... e.g. Coach A lurks in #channel, Coach B enters... Coach A publicly says "I challenge Coach B" and bang - Game On! No right of refusal.
 Jump to: