42 coaches online • Server time: 12:19
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Do we need harsh penalties for discers?
The harsher the better, ban the cats!
34%
 34%  [ 24 ]
Well we sure need to do something.
34%
 34%  [ 24 ]
Things are fine as they are.
31%
 31%  [ 22 ]
Total Votes : 70

Mully

Post   Posted: Jan 28, 2004 - 18:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Through the chat room and reading post game comments, it "seems" there might be a growing problem of players disconnecting before a save after bad things happen (death) and then coming back to finish the game as if the bad thing never occured.

I think it's in everybody's interests to report these incidences to the admins. Everyone has connection issues once in a while, and sometimes they even occur after something bad has happened. But a lengthy list of player "X" losing his connection after his AG6 war dancer died will show the admins that this is not merely coincidence, but an unfortunate trend.

But everyone needs to report these when they occur or the admins will never be able to spot the trend. Don't feel guilty about it because if it WAS accidental then the admins would see it was a one time event. But if it wasn't accidental, chances are it will be placed alongside 5 other complaints and the admins can take action.

Post   Posted: Jan 28, 2004 - 23:58 Reply with quote Back to top

I think that if someone drops and doesn't send PM or reconnect within 15 minutes, the one that is waiting should be able to report the game to the system as pending.
If the game is not resumed within 24 hours the team of the coach that dropped is automaticly made to concede (either system wise or by an admin loading the dropper's team and resuming the game with the coach that is the "victim" in this case)

That way the penalties are fair, harsh enough, and your team doesn't have to be pending perhaps for a week or more for the banned player to resume the game (if he ever will).
BunnyPuncher

Post   Posted: Jan 29, 2004 - 00:09 Reply with quote Back to top

I agree wholeheartedly with kjwise.. if its possible.

Post   Posted: Jan 29, 2004 - 01:09 Reply with quote Back to top

unfortunately this does not take into account ppl that have a true disconnect, and it would suck to lose yer 50+ spp guys because your isp borked up and took a week to fix the problem, like jsut happened to christer, believe me suspicious discos are logged into an account and if a pattern shows that coach is punished. if someone does a suspicious disconnect file a report to the admin, if you dont you're just letting them get away with it. right now the policy is innocnet until guilty and i agree with it, guilty until proven innocent is far too draconian and against the spirit of this site.

Post   Posted: Jan 29, 2004 - 01:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Perhaps if a check would be added that if the disconnected opponent has logged onto fumbbl.com during those 24h THEN if he hasn't resumed the game, is guilty?
That way we prove that he has been, infact, able to finish the game during the given time duration.

I wholeheartedly agree with innocent until proven guilty, but proving guilt can be automated with a system that uses logins.
Either way, a game that is started should be finished and getting an automatic concede even if you have real problems getting back online is
fair to the other player so he can continue developing his team.
cusi

Post   Posted: Jan 29, 2004 - 01:50 Reply with quote Back to top

kjwise
ever hear of the command bb last "soinso" that will tell you the last time a person logged into the site... been able to do that for a looong time

Post   Posted: Jan 29, 2004 - 01:59 Reply with quote Back to top

ffs - if someone disconnects at a convenient time for them....perhaps a pitch invasion that went bad for them.....maybe a couple of RIP's early on.... REPORT IT!! (especially if they don't make or respond to any attempts of communication!)

If it is innocent...and a sheer coincidence...then so what...you have not done any harm. (to their reputation or yours)
If this person is a regular offender....then he/she will be shown up for the $£@~£$ they really are.

With the volume of players using Fumbbl, how can you know that JoePublic doesn't use this tactic all the time? You can't. No-one can unless it is reported to the Admins.
Guess what...Admins actually 'Administer' the site.

Wow...fancy that...a bunch of people making sure that cheating bastards that don't want to play fairly don't get an unfair advantage!!

btw...I may have had a drink or two - hence some mildly abusive language....sorry if it offends...but get real...this game should be all about fun. Relief perhaps from a stressfull world for some, mild entertainment for others...but not about witch huntiing for sad gits who look for excuses when they have been beaten by better coaching/ability/luck.
Twisted Evil
Delta

Post   Posted: Jan 29, 2004 - 02:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Sorry...that was me.

Forgot to log on first.

Don't want anyone to think I am hiding behind "guest". Wink

Post   Posted: Jan 29, 2004 - 04:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Delta wrote:
Don't want anyone to think I am hiding behind "guest". Wink

Ooh... and you were this close to gettin' lynched. Smile

Yeah, what they all said. Report. Report. Report. There are several very wise great apes whose job it is to deal with these sorts. Innocent mistakes happen but innocent trends get investigated and and rarely turn out to be so innocent. The good guys can only operate on the information they receive, so make sure they get it all.

If something happens to you, assume the best (that it was an honest mistake) and plan for the worst (that they're habitually droppers) by submitting a ticket. Then let it go. If it's the former, then it'll pass and we can beat each other senseless on the pitch like civilized folk. If it's the latter, then it'll be dealt with and you can feel all warm, cozy and righteous. Win / Win.

Post   Posted: Jan 29, 2004 - 13:20 Reply with quote Back to top

I have reported and it works well. I'm only talking about automation here since you actually do log on to fumbbl when playing!
And since both the FAQ is unclear on when and how to report and not many enough people DO report, that system does
not seem to do the job 100%, now does it?
Don't start dissing out on people that are discussing possible improvements in a public forum, after all it's all about the goal of
being able to have more and more fun with blood bowl!
 Jump to: