31 coaches online • Server time: 13:23
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Old Wo...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
moavboy

Post   Posted: Nov 26, 2003 - 19:35 Reply with quote Back to top

I doubt anyone here knows or cares who I am , but I feel compelled to share this anyway .

I've been playing Blood Bowl since the beginning although I didn't really get into it until 3rd edition - which I think we can all agree was the best edition of them all . But even at the best of times I got to play only a match or two every week - and that was in a good week . But then people started talking about online Blood Bowl . It seemed too good to be true .

I still remember my first match ever in fumbbl . My vampire team lost to a hafling team without scoring a TD . Humiliating ? Yes . But it didn't matter , because I was hooked . Here was BB at my fingertips whenever I wanted to play - how could I resist ? Sure it wasn't as good as a real game but still it was freaking BB . Plus , no more "leagues" with my four friends - now I was facing hundreds of different teams , thousands even .

In the beginning I wasn't unusual for me to play four or five games a day . This was the greatest thing ever in the history of things . One day I noticed that my ranking was 155 and I started to care about that . I got that out of my system pretty quickly though when I realized a lot of the top people had hundreds of matches and I could never catch them anyway . So I just went back to having fun .

Eventually though , two things combined that lead to my absence for a while . One was that I was just getting busy with other stuff in the really real world . But also I was getting sick of bumping into the unstoppble scoring elf/skaven team , the ungodly killing power chaos team , and the various 10 guys with guard team . Its hard to have fun when you know you have no chance of winning .

So I was gone for a while and when I came back the rankings were re-set . Surely this was my chance to shine . Instead out of my first 20 matches back at fumbbl I tied 10 and lost eight . I think my ranking was 142 . Oh well , all for the better - with no chance to be good might as well have some fun right ?

So I was going along , playing my matches and everything was fine . My Amazon team had just gotten pounded and I was really looking at a rough next match with them . So I said to my buddy "why don't they play your crappy undead team so I can be full strength for my next game ?" And he was down with that - what's another loss on a team that's never won a game ? But then we took it one step further - as long as the match was a forgone conclusion anyway why bother even playing it out ? He took a dive and the whole thing was over in maybe fifteen minutes .

Right afterwards I swore I'd never do it again - I honestly felt ashamed about what I had done . But then I thought , hey , my Necro team isn't doing very well - they could use some SPP . I thought about all the matches I'd been winning that my opponent quit on and how nothing had happened to them . Surely fixing a few matches would even the score . So my Necro team got some skills . The sad part is this time I didn't even think twice about it . Then my elf team need a little help . And what the hell , since he laid down for me I did it for him once too .

That's when we got caught . This is probably going to sound utterly ridiculous but that was the worst I've ever felt in my life . I was a cheater and there wasn't anyway I could justify it to myself anymore . I went to the admins and talked with them about it and in the end they said I could stay . But I'm not going to - once you're dirty you can never get clean again . I can't go on the chat and try to get a match - I'd just be thinking about how I didn't really deserve to be here - and I don't .

I wish somehow I could have taken the blame because my buddy only has four teams anyway and he stands to loose three of them . Plus it would have made me feel better to take the bullet after what I had done .

So in conclusion I'm gone folks , and good riddence I say . My apologies to you all . And if there's anyone else out there who's fixed matches and gotten away with it - stop . Its so ridiculous I can't even put it into words . I just wish I knew where my love of Blood Bowl turned to bitter . Not to me melodramatic or anything .

Bye
swilhelm73

Post   Posted: Nov 26, 2003 - 20:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, my two cents...

Cheating is bad. You shouldn't purposely breaking the rules of fumbbl. The rules are there, ultimately, to make sure everyone can have a good time playing the game.

But

The way you cheated in fixing matches is hardly the worst thing in the world. Yes, you artificially made your teams better, but as long as it wasn't in a tournament, you've only set up a situation were you will draw better opponents. And also, its been dealt with by the admins already (I presume). I personally wouldn't have a problem playing against you, nor do I think what you've done really deserves a ban.

So, presuming you can stick to the rules, and more importantly, you can still enjoy the game, I'd suggest you give it another try. I'd suggest if certain team combinations are bugging you that much - don't play against them. You can be as picky as you want in choosing who you want to play afterall.

BB is about the best game in the world and I'm fairly certain you will miss it!
Bendrig

Post   Posted: Nov 26, 2003 - 20:41 Reply with quote Back to top

*blinks*

tsss. throwing away a second chance? what kind of attitude is that.
once dirty, never clean again? might as well institute the death penalty for speeding, then. Sounds like the same reasoning to me.

You're getting another 3 months on the bench and then we'll see you back here, or else....
at least you won't do it again

eh, what do I know.
psikobunny

Post   Posted: Nov 26, 2003 - 20:45 Reply with quote Back to top

I personally would not mind playing him if he had his teams wiped, and played a probationary period with unranked teams.
I admire him sticking up for the rules, I don't generally like exceptions, but in a case like this with genuine remorse, it seems appropriate.
Gollummen

Post   Posted: Nov 26, 2003 - 21:09 Reply with quote Back to top

There is no reason to go!
Yes you have broken the rules, but you have also found out that it is not worth it.

Start playing again...
Tor_AlKir

Post   Posted: Nov 26, 2003 - 21:20 Reply with quote Back to top

If you decide to go, there's absolutely no reason to write yourself a eulogy. I can't believe my mouse is one click closer to the grave for stopping to read this. Have you considered the fact that there are probably hundreds like you that have either left or taken their second chances without so much as a whisper?
AsperonThorn

Post   Posted: Nov 26, 2003 - 21:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

If you decide to go, there's absolutely no reason to write yourself a eulogy. I can't believe my mouse is one click closer to the grave for stopping to read this. Have you considered the fact that there are probably hundreds like you that have either left or taken their second chances without so much as a whisper?

If you don't like what is said, there is absolutely no reason to write yourself a sarcastic post. I can't beleive my Keyboard is 300 keystrokes closer to the grave for having to point this out. Have you even considered the fact that there must have been 500 people that have read this but didn't care, or feel the need to make so much as a whisper? Or that maybe some people have played Moav and did care?

Moav, you'll be back. Next time keep in mind that they are pixels and bytes. Don't get attached.

Asperon Thorn
BunnyPuncher

Post   Posted: Nov 26, 2003 - 22:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Wuhan killed my ogre that bastard!

Post   Posted: Nov 26, 2003 - 22:48 Reply with quote Back to top

No need to leave moavboy.
Had to retire a team because I dissed a really bad luck game once, still hate myself for it.
Damn I loved those Dark Elves (which was probably the reason for the diss anyway).
Take your second chance and be happy.
Franz

Post   Posted: Nov 26, 2003 - 22:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Moavboy just retire the teams you've growth cheating and start an halfling.... then play against my necromancer.... :PPPPP
cusi

Post   Posted: Nov 27, 2003 - 00:00 Reply with quote Back to top

hang them all! hang you all! burn them at the stake!!!!
especially bendrig! he is far too sexy for fumbbl!
also peikko for forcing frozen paellas on everyone!
and bunnypuncher for liking khemri!
and the bbrc! they should be drawn and quartered!
and mezir for letting his str 5 longbeard be killed!

my apologies to those i forgot, you deserve punishment too.

and to that guy that beat me by dodging 6 longbeards into 3 tz's a turn without stand firm.. he should be fed to sharks!
Wombats

Post   Posted: Nov 27, 2003 - 00:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Bunnypuncher likes Kemri? I used to have respect for that guy...

Post   Posted: Nov 27, 2003 - 01:50 Reply with quote Back to top

hi im jerry springer and today on the show we will have a group of blood bowlers and they say they match fix ...............lets bring em out!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Daragor

Post   Posted: Feb 02, 2004 - 23:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Well we've come to the end for another Jerry Springer show, but first my Final Thought.
"When we cheat at a game we are not only cheating the people we play but also ourselves. Bloodbowl is not about scoring the touchdowns or killing the longbeards and bull-centaurs with a dp woody liner so that coach of the cd team can feel the pain which he goes out of his way to avoid by taking such a team(god yes), it's about the joviality and camaraderie of getting one up on everyone else. Very Happy. But the real victims in these cases when people let their petty squabbles take control, are the children. Be true to yourselves and take care of one another. *applause*
Moavboy you've been a very naughty boy. 16 Hail Mary's and a castration for you, then maybe just maybe you can come back.
JERRY JERRY JERRY
 Jump to: