90 coaches online • Server time: 22:08
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Chaos Draft League R...goto Post anyone know how to c...goto Post Elf Draft Coach
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Gatts

Post   Posted: Nov 06, 2006 - 23:21 Reply with quote Back to top

thanks for vote of confidence synn.. unfortunatly the grace got mangled quite badly in a warmupgame before the cup and i cant see them getting past second round as things look tight now..
ok on to my favourites:
Nandorins got through their first game but got a little more hurt than expected.. still its a very strong team and a game to look out for is a probable game between them and buffy episodes in the quarter finals. Winner of that game is a strong contender.

Synn's team needs to get one of his wights killed or he'll be a force to consider aswell.. is up against a claw heavy chaosteam first game but if he survives that unschated I think he has clear sialing to the quarterfinals where i predict he'll run into balaclava, a skaven team with far too many +st increases, that's another game not to miss balaclava and dead bunnies united

ok that's two of the quarterfinals, onto my own "group" Rhazguls judgment has already been mentioned and they've already survived their first game and i see them as a likely candidate for one of the quarter final spots, the other will probably go to Booahls lizards, his first round opponent looks comparatively weak.. and his seocnd round opponent will be myself (if things go the way i plan) and IU'll probably be missing a few elfs already by then.. so he'll be relatively unschated going into the game vs nama another pair of strong contenders,

finally we'll probably see a quarter final between one of the two khemri teams against Communist party and I think the orcs will take that game.

so all ina ll we are left with

Communist party

Booahl vs nama

synn vs balaclava

and kfoged vs randomoracle

winner will be one of those teams.

Post   Posted: Nov 07, 2006 - 04:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Synn's Update:

MisterMurphy looks strong in his first match and beats the favored DK. Flix is an incredible coach (both in skills and attitude) and now Murphy looks onto the second round suffering no damage. Undead are possibly the best race for a long progressive tourney where every game has a killer. Imagine any other team right now if they were missing a good player (or two.... or all if you manage to beat Naama). In future rounds..... a bankrolled Undead team is a dangerous foe. Looking on the horizon he could be looking at a beat up skaven team... or a beat up Orc team.

Wonder who Murphy wants.....

Dominik's Khemri showed some nastiness but lost their best mummy late in the match. Ouch >=)

Two khemri teams could be clashing for "who has the best boner". Stay tuned for more on that.

Rhazgul's Judgement looked impressive late against the Tickling Elves (copyright pending). These chaos are built to last and have a well built bandwagon. Throngs of madFinns swarm for blood and Naama doesn't dissapoint. Feel better knowing that neither of the Judgement's freak Warriors have tackle. This could have been one less dark elf team.

Nandorins and Dreams was a classic. Think of how many games those teams have behind them. Both teams gave it all and now the Nandies have to move on a little thinner than they expected.

I am curious to see how the two CD teams do. Either one can go deep.

I think the Orcs in the tourney got the roughest draw. Laban is a trap with his zons and RandomOracle vs. JB round one is a treat for all Orc coaches. Take notice of how this game is played.

As for Smess......

Gildor........

You know what needs to be done......

That team can go as far as that dancer can carry them. But if you win you got another Orc team. One who had a rougher first round. Look for Smess to go the farthest of any Orc team despite crap money.... remember you get extra money after each match.

Long run is anyone's tourney.

Blood on the pitch,
__Synn
Dominik

Post   Posted: Nov 07, 2006 - 12:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Qaz wrote:
Rhazgul's Judgement VS Nandonrins in the FC V final is surly what every one whants to see

Except all the other teams in upper half... Smile
Smess

Post   Posted: Nov 14, 2006 - 12:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, well.

Kinda a surprise exit for Rhazgul's judgement there in the second round (although it was on cointoss), I believed them to be serious competitors for the title. I think the white hand orx will go out in the next round however due to lack of tackle.

Upper half of the table I see nobody stopping Torso's communist orx...

The Nandorins make it into the quarters as expected, but took more damage in their first two games than they had hoped for. Team looks still strong, but does not look anything like the all powerfull team from last year. I predict the defending champs will go out next round, unless the winner of the game of me vs randomoracle (which can go either way I think: 50/50) will get damaged heavily. Then again, you wouldn't want to underestimate kfoged, but bad luck on money makes him having to chose between wizard or starplayer.
Intresting game ahead anyway.

Lot of interesting games ahead in the second round still as well, I particulary look forward to the games of Booahl's lizards vs
Gatts' woodies and PeteW's woodies vs Synn's undead (where the count comes playing desguised as Pete's wife!!).

Anyway, in the end, one of the orc teams is gonna win it I guess. There are just to many strong orx competing, one of them surely will take it home. Orc vs orc final (what surely nobody wants to see Smile) seems still likely as well.
KFoged

Post   Posted: Nov 14, 2006 - 12:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Smess:

Starplayer? Rolling Eyes I'm not sure its right to call that ***** for a star... The only time to use him is when you don't know have to use your money for most games some linefodder is much more needed!

I will cheer the day HE gets a really star - beside Enedeny! Wink

KFoged
Dominik

Post   Posted: Nov 14, 2006 - 14:00 Reply with quote Back to top

ST4 Dauntless is appreciated everytime in any team i guess.
Melmoth

Post   Posted: Nov 14, 2006 - 14:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Dominik wrote:

Hear what the master said Wink
Gary_Gygax

Post   Posted: Nov 14, 2006 - 14:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Smess wrote:

Gatts' woodies and PeteW's woodies vs Synn's undead (where the count comes playing desguised as Pete's wife!!).

ahahah, that's right! Very Happy
Wife von Drakenborg

torsoboy

Post   Posted: Nov 14, 2006 - 14:59 Reply with quote Back to top

She's doing the hypnotic gaze thing...

Post   Posted: Nov 14, 2006 - 15:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Dominik wrote:

Ohh well, but to 70.000? and no dodge? He is without any doubt one of the worst starplayers in the game. Evil or Very Mad There is a reson to the "name" Prince Moron! Mad

I rather trust my team and save some money! But what ever i'm just such a HE n00b anyway Rolling Eyes

KFoged
Dominik

Post   Posted: Nov 14, 2006 - 19:44 Reply with quote Back to top

The worst star players are of course this Blunderbuss Chaos Dwarf and Fungus the Loon.
If Elfs do have one big problem, it is too few guard and overall St3.
Prince Moranion solves this problem.
Orcs would instead need a player like Jordell Freshbreeze, who do Wood Elfs don't need really, just to give an example.
And Dodge doesn't help in Fumbbl Cup anyway - every good player has Tackle.
And Varag is 80.000 but has no Dauntless but AG3 and MA6 only.
PeteW

Post   Posted: Nov 18, 2006 - 11:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Synn wrote:
Aside from myself (cheap plug for the Bunnies!), I think three teams are capable of winning the whole thing:

Booahl: The coach is good enough (anyone remember GLT?). His team is stacked and as someone else brilliantly pointed out.... no one is used to playing against Lizzies at that TR. This being said, no one knows how the team will look after three games. The FC is 5 rounds.

Gatts: His plain old vanilla elf team (with that wicked catcher) should be able to last well. I have played his woodies and walked out thoroughly humbled (doesn't happen often). Do not be shocked if he walks away with it.

Naama: Going with the LoA on this one. Naama has one of the best tourney records of any coach, and his chaos team is the best i have ever seen it. Despite not having many tacklers, those tents on the double clawed warrior counts for something. Look for them to either win it... or stop another person favored from winning.

Dark Horse candidate: Prinz! Believe it or not, his rats are incredible against Orcs. Him and Torsoboy are a great matchup and the winner gets whats left of Flix/Murphy. This makes it likely that Prinz can advance to round three where skaven's interchangable nature becomes an advantage vs. expensive beat up teams.

Person who is not going anywhere....... PeteW. You and i are on a collision course. Even if you win.... you lose your next game. >=)

__Synn

/me hands Synn a plateful of words. Want ketchup with those? Wink

Post   Posted: Nov 18, 2006 - 12:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Fungus is a good starplayer !

Of course Blunderbuss stars are bad. Heh, if you want example of bad stars, look at Skaven's.

Prince will be the real prince with LRB5. Add him Tackle and several other counter skills.

Post   Posted: Nov 27, 2006 - 17:34 Reply with quote Back to top

This has to be the first time there is a Khemri or Lizz team in a Major final!!

Lets hope for Lizzards!
 Jump to: