44 coaches online • Server time: 15:45
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Old Wo...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Candlejack

Post   Posted: Nov 23, 2006 - 21:27 Reply with quote Back to top

well synn.. the main reason for how i scheduled the races was maintaining the idea was the bashy-nonbashy alternation, which was one of the basic concepts when XFL was created, and when i took over i stated several times that i want to keep that one up, the fact that i took the high elves that late (instead running them at the time i did Pro Elf e.g.) was just a matter of a hunch so there was no intention in this

but yeah, i intentionally stuck to my original idea of the schedule instead of intentionally changing it to favour someone, and i really can't see how you could want to have any kind of preferrential treatment in regards to official tournaments.

also, if i had chosen Undead before High Elves and then ran High Elves a week later and the Nandorins were still in FC, what then? Delay it then until they are free to play? sorry, but this is just not the way i want to run a tournament, imo these decisions have to be done as objective as possible and without regard to certain teams or coaches. and i don't think it would have really changed anything.

about that "remind" remark: not really sure what you mean with that, my intention was to explain my decision (okay, i admit the tone was a bit too pissy, apologies to kfoged for that). and yes, xfl is "only" a minor, so i don't think it is a necessity to have only the highest teams in it, though it would of course be nice.

arktoris: yeah, i wanted to suggest some sort of random schedule for the next cycle, like have about 5 teams choosen by a poll and then randomly select one as the next xfl race.

P.S: It really looks like there is a chance to get 32 teams into XFL High Elves, so i delay the start for a week hopeing to get it full until then.

Post   Posted: Nov 24, 2006 - 20:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for the delay. Then maybe my team have a chance to be in better shape... I would have withdrawn otherwise.
Candlejack

Post   Posted: Nov 24, 2006 - 20:25 Reply with quote Back to top

well.. irony is that since i anounced the delay 3 teams dropped out.. *sigh*.. but might be better this way otherwise there could have been some drop outs from the tourney which would have been unpleasent.. so join up people..

Post   Posted: Nov 24, 2006 - 20:35 Reply with quote Back to top

If you need me to make 32, I will apply with Upper Clash... but they're brand new, so if you can get to 32 without them, great.
quickie

Post   Posted: Nov 27, 2006 - 09:47 Reply with quote Back to top

how many are in, at the moment?
Candlejack

Post   Posted: Nov 27, 2006 - 20:15 Reply with quote Back to top

25 teams atm, so we would need 7 more

Post   Posted: Nov 29, 2006 - 22:13 Reply with quote Back to top

26.. two days to go...

Post   Posted: Nov 29, 2006 - 22:24 Reply with quote Back to top

If we don't reach 32, would you please tell us what 16 teams that are already qualified.

Kind of want to know, if my team is in or not.
Candlejack

Post   Posted: Nov 29, 2006 - 22:45 Reply with quote Back to top

those are the first 16 teams

pizzamogul [ R] To Heir is Elven 254
Zweiblumen [ R] Stairway to Heaven 224
Synn [ R] Temple Of Jericho 222
Reventlov [ R] Ulthan Nobles 257
Melmoth [ R] Krautrock 253
Candlejack [R] More Germany against the World
malitrius [ R] Flaming Sideburns 282
grandw [ R] Apollo 23 199
HickoryDuff [ R] Forever Running 201