13 coaches online • Server time: 06:59
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Chaos Draft League R...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Which solution do you think will make WA more balanced and not overpowered?
Change WA penalty roll to 3+ instead of 4+
18%
 18%  [ 9 ]
Mino can blitz for free if opponent is standing no more than 3 squares away?
6%
 6%  [ 3 ]
Introduce a new always hungry roll where he will try to eat fallen foes?
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Implement a new OFAB rule where he can attack the nearest player?
6%
 6%  [ 3 ]
Let him unstun/ stand up for free?
53%
 53%  [ 26 ]
None of these but i have a suggestion myself
16%
 16%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 49

SnakeSanders

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2004 - 15:05 Reply with quote Back to top

ok... i have thought a lot about this and it seems that a lot of people feel hard done by with the new WA rule... We can, as players of this good game, try to come up with a solution that can be put forward to the BBRC to see if it is more balanced, yet doesnt make WA's too powerful so more time can be spent concentrating on the ball... ive thought of a few solutions and will ping down some other suggestions made by other people...

1) Make the penalty for WA 3+ rather than 4+. This makes WA a lot more useful as they stand around a lot less.

2) Implement a new rule where they may blitz for free if there is a player standing no less than 3 squares away... I dont know if they could also foul mif there was a prone player 3 squares away... This would allow minos to get partially into the opponents half and allow him to cause a bit of trouble! (it would also help simulate all the terrified elves fleeing for their lives!). the mino could also only blitz the 3 squares (4 with frenzy)

3) Introduce a new variant of always hungry. if a minotaur blocks or blitzes an opponent and knocks them prone he may attempt to eat the player. I guess this roll could be on a 6. I dont think he should be able to do it on any prone player... only onesthe mino knocks prone himself

4) Introduce a new rule like OFAB which is also incorporated into WA... if the mino failed his WA roll he would have to take a new roll. if the player rolled a 1-3 the player would remain bellowing in rage however if he rolled a 4-6 his rage overcomes him and loses it (more than normal) and MUST attack the nearest player. this would retain a lot of unreliability in the WA trait as there is a 25% chance (could be tweaked) that you would get a block in even if you didnt want it, combined with the 50% chance of making a block. if the mino didnt end up making a block something drastic could happen like... well.. erm... he could run towards the crowd to take out a few specs.

i quite like this rule but it would need tweaking! Smile

5) Make stand up rolls/ stunned rolls for free

this thread is intended for discussion purposes and im not telling anybody that they have to change WA. It would be good to discuss this as clearly people are not happy with WA but i do feel like the BBRC have taken a step in the right direction with respect to WA in making them much less reliable.

Anyway feel free to comment on my suggestions or even come up with other ideas.

THIS POST ISNT INTENDED TO CRITISIZE THE BBRC NEITHER IS IT INTENDED TO SAY IF THE CURRENT WA RULES ARE RUBBISH OR NOT. THIS TOPIC IS INTENDED TO PROVIDE CONSTRUCTIVE DISCUSSION ON A CONTROVERSIAL RULE CHANGE. Sorry for all the capslocks!
SnakeSanders

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2004 - 15:07 Reply with quote Back to top

note: all of the above suggestions are supposed to be added to the current WA rules... meaning that the 4+ penalty remains as a WA rule (except for option 1 that is!)

option 3 also fits in with warhammer fluff...
Mnemon

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2004 - 15:11 Reply with quote Back to top

brownrob_ni, my suggestion would be to have a look at, and participate at, the discussion over at www.talkbloodbowl.com. Your suggestions are much more likely to be noticed there. Before you post though, read through the (many, and long) threads about the new WA that exist there already.

A good starting point is this thread btw: http://www.talkbloodbowl.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=9907

There are a number others throughout the forum though that are not linked to from there.

-Mnemon

Last edited by Mnemon on %b %11, %2004 - %15:%Feb; edited 1 time in total
BunnyPuncher

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2004 - 15:13 Reply with quote Back to top

wheres the "its fine as it is" option?

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2004 - 15:14 Reply with quote Back to top

the "none of these" option Smile
MixX

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2004 - 15:19 Reply with quote Back to top

fine as it is, wish the rest of the negatraits were as much of a "doubt-maker" as to the use of big guys-- what I mean is, the Mino is currently the only big guy that you are doubting if you'd want (and Rat Ogre) in an advanced team, this is sad IMO.. but not trying to jack the thread, so let me just stick to this: it's fine as is!
Pestel

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2004 - 15:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Nope...Its not fine as it is because the Mino and the RO lost their greatest advantages in the rulecange, that being the horns on mino and 6ma and 3 ag on the RO. Those stats have been completly nullified by the new rules. Before they stood out,they were special and added flavour to the game. Now they are just like any other bigguy but with a larger neative trait just standig i the front line roaring away and looking stupid. Kill the new rules and bring back some of the originality they once had!
R_Spiskit

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2004 - 16:31 Reply with quote Back to top

I think it is fine also. However, I am not against unstunning for free. The idea is you are stunned, you would not even be able to roar with rage. It represents the time taken to come to your senses. A WA would still recover the same. So, keep em as they are but let them unstun for free.
Louky

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2004 - 17:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Pestel wrote:
Its not fine as it is because the Mino and the RO lost their greatest advantages

I think that's exactly the point, this change was made to balance BG :
Mino is less a BG killer (STR6 on blitz) and RO is less reliable.
But they also gained the bonuses from assist that they were lacking.

Pestel wrote:
Now they are just like any other bigguy but with a larger neative trait just standig i the front line roaring away and looking stupid.

Well I don't agree with this. Assuming they are alone (so no teammate helps the troll)
they are as "really stupid" as a troll but still keep their TZ and can always block if in contact.

I think "unstun" for free and "stand up" using a turn (i.e. standing up 100% of time but at all MA cost) would cut most of the current hassle with WA.
Zy-Nox

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2004 - 17:08 Reply with quote Back to top

For me Bonehead and really stupid are not negative enough, but tbh talkbloodbowl is where to post this stuff.
And on the wild animal note i prefered the 2+ roll where if it rolled a 1 it blitzed the nearest player, friend or fo, Now picture your claw /rsc mino or rat ogre carving through your own side *lol*

Post   Posted: Feb 12, 2004 - 00:49 Reply with quote Back to top

How about Free unstun and rolling 4+ when you select move or blitz from the prone postition if you fail you stand with no move and cant GFI if you succeed you have the rest of your movement points to spend as you wish.

Apart from that keep the WA rules as is
LurkingGrue

Post   Posted: Feb 12, 2004 - 00:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

And on the wild animal note i prefered the 2+ roll where if it rolled a 1 it blitzed the nearest player, friend or fo, Now picture your claw /rsc mino or rat ogre carving through your own side *lol*

I'd like some variety of this as well; it seems more in the spirit of Wild Animal (as opposed to Confused or Frustrated Animal). Probably my biggest problem with the current WA is that it's boring -- they took a distinctive, though perhaps not negative enough, trait and turned it into yet another permutation of Bonehead.