53 coaches online • Server time: 13:54
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Having issues launch...goto Post Gnome Box ranking pa...goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'S
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
SonofSharkboy

Post   Posted: Feb 12, 2004 - 02:05 Reply with quote Back to top

A friend and I were playing a fun Orc vs Skaven match where I got a POW and pushed his guy back into his sidesteping gutter runner that had my ball carrier in his tacklezone. Javabbowl then let me push his sidestepper where I wanted. My question about this is that I'm wondering if this is right, or if it just can't be programmed at this time.

From the LRB,

Quote:
...If all such squares are occupied by other players, then the player is pushed into an occupied square, and the player that originally occupied the square is pushed back in turn....

The definition of the sidestep skill (also from the LRB),

Quote:
A player with this skill is an expert at stepping neatly out of the way of an attacker. To represent this ability, his coach may choose which square the player is moved to when he is pushed back, rather than the opposing coach. Furthermore, the coach may choose to move the player to any adjacent square, not just the three squares shown on the pushback diagram. The player may not use this skill if there are no open squares on the field next to this player. Note that the coach may choose which square the player is moved to even if the player is knocked over after the push back.

It occurs to me that the sidestepper should still get to choose as it doesn't discriminate as to who is pushing the player back in the description. Maybe someone has seen this mentioned in the game erratta somewhere? Perhaps there was a post on this I missed as I'm new here? I'd appreciate any comments on this.

SonofSharkboy
Michael_Warblade

Post   Posted: Feb 12, 2004 - 02:13 Reply with quote Back to top

In the DifferencesfromboardgameFAQ.txt located in your Bloodbowl directory

(2) In chain pushes SIDE STEP and STAND FIRM do not work unless you are the first player in the push chain. Also, SIDE STEP does not currently work against MULTIPLE BLOCK.
SonofSharkboy

Post   Posted: Feb 12, 2004 - 02:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Ahh ok! I apologize for not digging in there closer and looking for txt files in the game. Appreciate the quick response though.
Jarnageddon

Post   Posted: Feb 12, 2004 - 02:20 Reply with quote Back to top

When my pump wagons hit my own Side Step players my opponent gets to move them.
This has nothing to do with chain pushes and is surely wrong?