37 coaches online • Server time: 16:59
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Old Wo...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Mully

Post   Posted: Nov 04, 2003 - 16:26 Reply with quote Back to top

What's going on with this league ??? I havent' seen an update for a month.

Is it dead ? Should we move on with the playoffs ? Someone (Devante) needs to give an update.

I've run out of tourney team spots and can't afford to have teams sitting sround for nothing.

Post   Posted: Nov 04, 2003 - 16:38 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't know, sorry... havn't heard anything for awhile and thus havn't made a new update.

Post   Posted: Nov 04, 2003 - 18:57 Reply with quote Back to top

It has been 11 days since Devante was online.... before that he was offline for 7 days or so. It looks like an other dead project Sad

Post   Posted: Nov 04, 2003 - 19:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Talked with Dev the other day. He says he didn't have time and the league was dead Sad

Post   Posted: Nov 04, 2003 - 21:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Thats nice ......not only do we have to worry about deadbeat coaches but now league commisioners are bailing as well. So before all you fanatics begin signing up for all those new leagues starting up beware of this. My own personal league history :

Lightening League - disbanded
Elf Tourney - disbanded
Empire League - disbanded
BFL - disbanded
"Can't remember name" - disbanded after 1 week - my DE team sucked in it anyway
NBBA Farm League - over after playing 4 games
Funbbl Tourney - still going
WAGH - still going - till everyone dies
Iron League - crawling along
Axis and Allies - still going
Blutballus - just started
WWB - about to start - will definitely be the best one so far Smile

So chances are less than than 50/50 that when you join a league you will ever live to see it complete.

Post   Posted: Nov 04, 2003 - 21:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Let's get some closure -

Bendrig - Barash - Mordachai - let's play 2 semi final and one final game between our teams so that we can declare someone the unofficial champ.

Bendrig vs Mully
Barash vs Morachai

Let me know if you guys are in!

Post   Posted: Nov 04, 2003 - 22:53 Reply with quote Back to top

My team fnished all its games at least Smile However I think I only won two games out of all of them Smile I thought it was a great idea pity it can't be continued by someone with more time. would be interested to see you four guys playing out an unofficial knockout
please post ur results here so people can find out about it. Smile
Mordachai

Post   Posted: Nov 05, 2003 - 14:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Mully... I'm in... make a tourney and I'll join it... or I'll make the tourney and you'll join it... either way - I'm in.

I liked this tourney very much and I would love to continue it (in a slightly modified format) but unfortunately I lack two things at the moment...
1. time
2. html-skill

I'll refrain from deleting my team until necessary.

Post 9 Posted: Nov 05, 2003 - 18:13 Reply with quote Back to top

I'll be up for any semi final or anything, I finally got my thrower another skill, STR, hehehe STR 5 Thrower, gotta love that guy.

Let me know if you want me for a final.

Cheers,
Mashandarius
Bendrig

Post   Posted: Nov 16, 2003 - 16:33 Reply with quote Back to top

second semi was finally played today, after coach Bendrig ran out of excuses to postpone it .
Said reasons being beer, half-naked girls, more beer, naked boys, even more beer, throwing slush at said girls and boys... can you believe delaying a match for that?

anyway, on to the match.
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=171069

My fear heightened when I realised I forgot to get a wizard for the match, where Mully didn't. And when he got a Blitz! and Ko'd a key blitzer, I thought I'd had it.

and then Nuffle intervened.
The Western Hills Cleavers started rolling awfully, doubleskulled at least 6 times during the game. The Stone Dogs only did that once.
They were forced into dodges by their opponent's guarders, and failed those miserably. The Stone Dogs didn't fail any. Probably because they didn't have to make many. or any, for that matter.
The Wizard blasted the thrower with the ball, but failed to break armour... subsequently, the thrower made off with the ball again.

Enraged with all this, the Western Hills Cleavers fan showed their displeasure by injuring 6 stone dogs at the final kickoff. allas, their effort came to late.

On to the finals for the Dogs!
Mully

Post   Posted: Feb 12, 2004 - 19:04 Reply with quote Back to top

<B><U>A CHAMPION HAS BEEN CROWNED</B></U>

The Wolfenburg Wilders (Mordachai) defeated the Stone Dogs (Bendrig) 2-1 for the Empire League Championship.

Having lost to both these teams, I can say they were the class of the league. Congrats to both coaches who managed to outlive the league they joined.

The final game of the Empire League was finally under way - the fans cheered their lungs out as the ball was kicked off and play begun.

After a 2 round TD by the Wilders the Stone Dogs used the rest of the half to score the equalizer. The Wilders tried a 1-turner but a failed dodge spoiled it.

The 2nd half gave the spectators what they wanted, more blood, exiting plays, lightning flying from the sidelines and one TD... scored by the man of the game, Tumyr who not only did both TDs for the Wilders - he also recieved the Most Valued Player award.

The game ended 2-1 in favour of the Wilders and thus the Champion team of the Empire were chosen.

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=238564
 Jump to: