9 coaches online • Server time: 06:14
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Learning BB in YouTu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
vanGorn

Post   Posted: Jan 15, 2007 - 19:56 Reply with quote Back to top

My alltime favourite is Zirrexelekakazax the tzeenchian greater daemon, who was published for the 3rd ed. BB in Citadel Journal some years ago.
Ma6 St7 Ag4 Av9
Skills: Jump up, Leader, Leap, Pass Block
Additionally he created a random event
On the downside was his price of 240k and the penalty roll of 7+.

Mnemon

Post   Posted: Jan 15, 2007 - 20:14 Reply with quote Back to top

The referee that bans a demon from the field must have been ... how about making that one a star player Smile.

-Mnemon
kemimutt

Post   Posted: Jan 15, 2007 - 20:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Ref. Menmon
Ma 6 St3 Ag3 Av8
Skills: Dodge, block, sidestep
In addition: The ref never keeps the eye on the team with Ref. Menmon as long as he is on the field. Also, all fouls on Ref. Menmon are spotted on 4+.

Edit: Added som extra additional skills.
coalheart

Post   Posted: Jan 15, 2007 - 22:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Oblitzamanger wrote:
coalheart: Make a poll and stick it in your Thread. I personally like Linda the best (1 vote for her). Erik I think is still overpowered. And what about the Treeman stats I created?

Your treeman is really good, at least very surprising for the opponent, but as I told you before the whole thread is about deciding upon 6 players designed by friends of mine, I know most of them just look like other star players or as the player you'd wish to have but my bid is to make a figure looking like the player if a lot of people thinks it's better than the other five, anyway, they're redesigning them and maybe tonight I have definitive versions of them all.

Once I get them I'm posting a poll and you'll get to vote Smile

Thanks for your advice dude, most appreciated!
Frankenstein

Post   Posted: Jan 15, 2007 - 22:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Mnemon wrote:
The referee that bans a demon from the field must have been ... how about making that one a star player Smile.

-Mnemon

If I remember correctly, these demons were not really sent off, they simply destabilized (and returned to their plane of existence).
coalheart

Post   Posted: Jan 16, 2007 - 00:43 Reply with quote Back to top

So far so good...

The final challengers to get his figure on the pitch are the following, the modellers are not accepting any further change, may the best be the less detailed miniature! XD

<b>Mayor Mardiggan</b>

Race: Human
Teams played for: Capital kneecapers

stats: ma 5 st 4 ag 2 av 8
skills: Block, Mighty blow, Pro, Leader

History: Former blood bowl player and now mayor by his own rights he is about to confront a new rival for the mayor seat who is not also younger but handsome and better prepared than him. The only way to gain enough popularity to get the pre-election polls just right and to get some cash to fund propaganda seems to go back to the pitch and smash some heads. So far he enjoys the game so much he might keep playing for fun (and cash).

Special: any team hiring Mayor Mardiggan gets a +2 Fan factor for the game. That gain tho is not for free and after the game the team loses 10% of its overall winnings (and no there is no way to get the Mayor related to that filthy act!

<b>Linda Big </b>
Race: Amazon
Teams played for: Bruising sisters

stats: ma 7 st 4 ag 3 av 7
skills: Block, dodge, Strip ball, Pass block, Tackle, Diving tackle

History: Linda is, well, BIG. She's taller than most of his human rivals and all of his fellow players. Her utter bigness does not make her clumsy in any way and is the top defensive player on the sisters' lineup. She's secretive about his life and tastes but on the pitch she concentrates on letting no one across. One of the top plays in her career is remembered with a mix of awe and fear by all those who were there to see Linda recover the ball from a Dark elf witch. The fact is she got the ball as well as her victim's right arm with it.

<b>Erik Giantsblood</b>

Race: Norse
Teams played for: Iced balls

stats: ma 6 st 5 ag 2 av 8
skills: Block, Frenzy, Mighty blow, Leader

History: Erik's history is a bit strange. Being found in the snow by the man who is now his adoptive father and trainer when he was but a baby he was raised to be a natural player but what was not expected was his abnormal growth up to 8 and a half feet! He lacks the agility to jump around like norse blitzers but he makes it up by simple and brute strenght. He's simply no ball player but he can score as well as get rid of his opponents with ease. They don't usually let him pass because every once in a while the ball hits the crowd and some casualties occur.

<b>Lil' Ben</b>

Race: Goblin
Teams played for: Tooth Brutz

stats: ma 7 st 2 ag 4 av 7
skills: Dodge, stunty, right stuff, catch, sprint, sure feet

History: Ben is one of the Brutz's smallest players due to the fact he's the only goblin on this orcish team. He's small but sure the lil' bastard is fast and the main source for TD's for his team. He's also protected by the Black orcs because the best "zmelling pizza with halfling bits". The most notable fact about his career is that he managed an ogre fall due to the dizzynes of following him run around.

<b>Oak Guts</b>

Race: Treeman
Teams played for: West Wind

stats: ma 3 st 6 ag 2 av 10
skills: Mighty Blow, Stand firm, Thick skull, big guy, Take root, throw team mate, block, sure hands, Pro

History in short: He was rooted deep inside the forest taking the trees good life. And suddenly he received mental images of the blood bowl network. Now he plays every game he can no matter the team (that is if they're wood elves or halflings!). He usually shouts when he hits an opponent things like "thake this back" or "where's your axe now?".

<b>Menefer the Old</b>

Race: Mummy
Teams played for: We call dibs on your spleen

stats: ma 4 st 5 ag 1 av 10
skills: Mighty blow, regenerate, block, tackle, tentacles

History: Being and old mummy from ages past is not easy, ruling over mindless undead in the sands of the land of the dead is not exactly what you will call a paradise... Even if you can do that trick with your bandages you kickly grow bored. Every once in a while news from the so called Old world reaches your court and with them you learn about a game you heard about when you were young and alive. That would be a good laugh if you get to play with something more alive than your servants!

Note: the tentacles trait here represents his magically animated bandages wich he can use at will.
coalheart

Post   Posted: Jan 16, 2007 - 01:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Poll ready! Please choose your favorite!

http://fumbbl.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=10093
coalheart

Post   Posted: Jan 16, 2007 - 11:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Out of contest player!

But last night it was conceived by three of us in front of some beer empty bottles...

Name: One Armed Neddy
Race: Human

stats: ma 6 st 3 ag 3 av 8
skills: pass, sure hands, accurate, strong arm, hail mary pass, dump off, safe throw, big hand

Neddy got his name last season in a game against a Chaos team were his left arm was not cleanly at all ripped from his shoulder by a suddenly hungry swarm of beasts. This unlucky turn of his career led him deep into booze, even into Bugman's beer when he could afford it. Thanks to that he met a dwarven ex-runner called Stump (his real name is not known to the general public), this beery dwarf was also an engineer of some skill and the night they met and afte two hours of exchanging jokes about elves Stump swore friendship with our one armed drunk hero. The next day a piece of mechanical might was attached to where his arm used to be and it worked marvelously most of the times. After showing the workabouts of the thing to Neddy and with greedy thoughts in mind about a blood bowl veterans prosthetics Stump was levelled accidentally by a storm giant who went out to buy some bread.

Special: After every touchdown and before the beggining of the second half Neddy needs to check his arm wich is a prototype after all, on a dice roll of 1,2 or 3 the arm just stops working and neddy loses all his skills until he gets a 4+ on his next roll wich means he managed to put the arm back to work.
coalheart

Post   Posted: Jan 17, 2007 - 00:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Made a quickie from Neddy so you can have a look at his looks while on the pitch. It's a good way of knowing what the contest winnner will get only that with better finishings and a lot more of general detail!

Unfortunately my camera is no very accurate on close snaps Sad

Anyway here you have our favourite non-existant player Smile

Jump to: