55 coaches online • Server time: 13:01
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
The_Decon

Post   Posted: Jan 26, 2007 - 02:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Im a journalism student and would be interested in helping out.
Seems like this newspaper has stagnated a bit.
MachSphere

Post 6 Posted: Jan 26, 2007 - 02:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Umm.... I think there is a channel in IRC dedicated to the GLN, you could try there. I hang out in the reporter channel trying real hard to look like someone with writing skills.
DonKosak

Post   Posted: Jan 26, 2007 - 08:39 Reply with quote Back to top

You should contact Mezir. He is - as far as I know - still in charge of GLN.
pac

Post   Posted: Jan 26, 2007 - 13:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Mezir is still the man behind the GLN, yes. But he's been on a kind of extended holiday from FUMBBL, it seems, so there probably won't be any more GLN until/unless he returns, filled with enthusiasm!

Post   Posted: Jan 26, 2007 - 14:32 Reply with quote Back to top

I've told Christer that he should look into finding a new person to act as head editor of the GLN, since, as pac has stated, I am on an extended holiday from FUMBBL (it became a chore rather than being a fun passtime, so I'm taking a break until it becomes a fun passtime again).

It only takes one motivated individual to shoulder the burden of poking people to submit articles and maybe writing a few himself. It can be done, it's not that hard, it just takes a bit of time and effort. And bucket-loads of whining at people, and despairing of ever finding anybody willing to write a decent article, as well as losing faith in the FUMBBL community spirit, which is more than willing to moan and complain, but hardly ever willing to contribute something tangible... Wink