64 coaches online • Server time: 21:20
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post Learning BB in YouTu...goto Post Advice tabletop tour...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Sigellius

Post   Posted: Apr 15, 2003 - 19:33 Reply with quote Back to top

I was wondering whether this would be possible. I'm enjoying A.N.A.R.C.H.I.S.T., which for those that don't know is the on-going tournament with a challenge system you can read about in the tournaments forum. However, it can be a bit intimidating to join, what with many of the members' teams being bashy ones at a high TR - well, 200-250 ish is common. And of course, with challenges, you can GET challenged, obviously.

Well, I was thinking (don't all duck for cover at once), wouldn't it be cool if we could do that, but mitigate the intimidation factor a bit by playing with a randomly-picked race for our team? I think that would be a fun plan. We could set it up in a group as Evo is running it now, or even maybe a separate challenge division so we don't have to eat up an open team slot (not that that's a problem, really).

The random-pick implementation would need some sort of protection against the inevitable guy that doesn't want to play with what he gets, and sits there clicking generate until he gets chaos or dwarves or whatever. Somethings that occurred to me would be only allowing a team generated that way to retire after a week, or something like that.
EvolveToAnarchism

Post   Posted: Apr 18, 2003 - 12:38 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm always open to varying the ANARCHIST format in future months. I was planning on running a poll for next month. I'll use your prodding to try and generate a list of variations.

1. Move to another division (DivX, stunty, ladder, or a newly created division)
2. Only newly created teams.
3. Randomly generated races.
4. Mess with the number of challenges/challenges counted.
5. Only play other members of the ANARCHIST.
6. I am certain that someone else can think of some other variations.

The one thing that I like about the ANARCHIST is that it is a tournament where your team is still open to play games in the OPEN division. (It sure was frustrating not getting to play the Terrifying Anarchists for so long when they were in the open division.

Well, now that I've got my ANARCHIST suggestions out. If someone else is looking to run a challenge division, don't be afraid to ask me for advice. I would gladly share some insights gained from running my own tournament.

As Always,
Evolve To Anarchism

http://indymedia.org

Post   Posted: Apr 19, 2003 - 08:46 Reply with quote Back to top

My Axes of Evil team has applied to join ANARCHIST - and you have rudely ignored them. Why does everyone insist that snotlings cannot play games in the open leeg. It is simply wrong - you must be hiding WoMDs or something. Axes of Evil iz gonna git uze.
 Jump to: