37 coaches online • Server time: 18:18
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
The_Decon

Post   Posted: Jan 26, 2007 - 02:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Im a journalism student and would be interested in helping out.
Seems like this newspaper has stagnated a bit.
MachSphere

Post 6 Posted: Jan 26, 2007 - 02:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Umm.... I think there is a channel in IRC dedicated to the GLN, you could try there. I hang out in the reporter channel trying real hard to look like someone with writing skills.
DonKosak

Post   Posted: Jan 26, 2007 - 08:39 Reply with quote Back to top

You should contact Mezir. He is - as far as I know - still in charge of GLN.
pac

Post   Posted: Jan 26, 2007 - 13:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Mezir is still the man behind the GLN, yes. But he's been on a kind of extended holiday from FUMBBL, it seems, so there probably won't be any more GLN until/unless he returns, filled with enthusiasm!

Post   Posted: Jan 26, 2007 - 14:32 Reply with quote Back to top

I've told Christer that he should look into finding a new person to act as head editor of the GLN, since, as pac has stated, I am on an extended holiday from FUMBBL (it became a chore rather than being a fun passtime, so I'm taking a break until it becomes a fun passtime again).

It only takes one motivated individual to shoulder the burden of poking people to submit articles and maybe writing a few himself. It can be done, it's not that hard, it just takes a bit of time and effort. And bucket-loads of whining at people, and despairing of ever finding anybody willing to write a decent article, as well as losing faith in the FUMBBL community spirit, which is more than willing to moan and complain, but hardly ever willing to contribute something tangible... Wink