38 coaches online • Server time: 11:06
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post Gnome Box ranking pa...goto Post Dodge
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
So, do I sack the rat mentioned below?
Yes, be a tough coach and trim that TR
29%
 29%  [ 16 ]
No, he is great 5 out of 6 games
35%
 35%  [ 19 ]
Yes, he will hog SPP and will need to be fired anyway
31%
 31%  [ 17 ]
Sack the missing linerat instead
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Sack both to Assistants and keep trimming them
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
Something else which I will describe below
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 54

poodle-man

Post   Posted: Feb 13, 2004 - 10:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Keep him for your next game and just use him as an expendable. Who do you play next? If its khemri, just sit him on a mummy. he will probably get spanked, but what do you care, your gonna fire him as soon as you can afford the replacement player anway. A guy your gonna get rid of can be hugely useful.

What about your other rats? you say two have block. Is that including the guy who is out next game? If so, i would definatley keep him. At str 130 i would like a few more blockers than two. Otherwise you will just chew your rerolls. Even just settin him on your line means you dont have to risk a player who isnt niggled, and the fact that he has block might help the line hold up.

Of course all that is wasted if he niggles. But thats a one in six chance, an elven hand off. Good odds. He might get a cas, but that will help you win, and the win will offset the -1 from str anyway. Your worst case senario (other than him niggling) is he gets the mvp, and that a one in 14 chance.

All in all, id keep him. Just replace him asap.

Post   Posted: Feb 13, 2004 - 11:32 Reply with quote Back to top

If you want to play the team long term: fire him as soon you can afford a new one!

my main reason is: now you are not addicted to him and he is not a keyplayer yet. Suggest you carry on with him - he gets tackle, guard, mb, maybe claw - and another niggle. Thx to the niggle earned earlier he will play very rarely. Fire him now and buy a new one...

I have a de, got +ag in the first match and niggled. 2nd match he didn´t play. 3rd match he played - fumbbled a lot... 4th match he niggled again. 5th match he was a coach then...

Don´t do the maths in BB, it never works! A niggle does not mean he will only drop out 1/6 matches, trust me! He will niggle exact in the match where you have 2 or 3 misses form the last beat up... and as soon your opponents jump on your GR with tackle you will suffer these misses.

It is very hard, but keep them away from niggle as long as you can... which is much harder when you can´t avoid those nasty dwarfs... Wink
Grod

Post   Posted: Feb 13, 2004 - 12:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Listen to Evolve. Does the player have a cool name? If not get rid of him.

Oscar Wilde
DoubleSkulls

Post   Posted: Feb 13, 2004 - 13:46 Reply with quote Back to top

IMO Skavs tend to suffer a lot of casualties. This guy - especially with Guard - will get hit plenty. Next time he gets killed or permanently injured save your apoth for someone else and get a new SV.

Post   Posted: Feb 25, 2004 - 00:15 Reply with quote Back to top

I have now played the next match. I KEPT HIM!!!
I played Chaos Dwarves. They killed my new storm vermin, I apothed him, they fouled and he died again!!!
They then Seriously injured the storm vermin in question, So NOW, I HAVE sacked him.
TR= 124 now.
 Jump to: