34 coaches online • Server time: 10:42
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Chaos Draft League R...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
vigil

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2003 - 17:25 Reply with quote Back to top

During a game between the Cruel Claws (skaven) and The Hellsing Institute (undead) an odd bug occured.

In the first turn, first half while the skaven were setting up, I received a popup telling me I had risen one of his Gutter Runners from the dead. His gutter runner wasn't dead of course, he was standing in his reserves and he played him during the half and had no problems with it, but I immediately found in my reserves a zombie with the same skaven image, a GR icon and 3 SPPS.

( The player in question: http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=player&player_id=94723)

Seeing as Raise Dead should occur after the match and only when I've actually killed someone, and should certainly not result in their being two incarnations alive at once, this seems very, very wrong. I've kept the gutter runner in case some moderator needs a look at him but I won't be using him in case he breaks something or I get busted for cheating or something. If I'm told to get rid of him I will.

Vigil
psikobunny

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2003 - 18:02 Reply with quote Back to top

the only time I've seen raise dead in javabowl it occured on the spot, but it was in response to a legitimate death.
n3m3sYs

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2003 - 18:58 Reply with quote Back to top

That Gutter Runner is missing on my rooster now....
i would like to have him back ASAP !
pls try to fix that, i cant play without him

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2003 - 21:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Vigil I only got one thing to say.

Deny everything Twisted Evil
Knighted_One

Post   Posted: Apr 22, 2003 - 01:16 Reply with quote Back to top

I had the same raise dead bug...but mine happened when he was setting up after the second td...I still have the player... and he has 3spp but he was on the roster and played the game through for the other team... and he wasn't listed on the casualtie repots at the end of game.
leviathan

Post   Posted: Apr 22, 2003 - 05:10 Reply with quote Back to top

One more reason to play undead I suppose.
vigil

Post   Posted: Apr 22, 2003 - 16:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Umm.. It happened again. Now I got a zombie blitzer from a norse team. Can this be fixed at all or should I just retire the zombies I don't want? Can a Mod give them back to their original players? (n3m3sYs (skaven) and Xing (Bjorn the Norse) I'm out of slots and wanting to buy a new wight , but I feel sort of compelled to keep the players around in case they can be transferred.)

I know, I know.. It's a hard life, being an undead player.
Christer

Post   Posted: Apr 22, 2003 - 16:46
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Apparently, this bug shows up when you set up a player on the bottom row of the pitch. So, until the next patch is released (I'm hoping that will happen soon) I suggest you don't set up any players there if you're playing against a team with raise capabilities (undead, necros and rotters).

-- Christer
leviathan

Post   Posted: Apr 23, 2003 - 04:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Hmm maybe the coaching staff 'grab' a volunteer from the sidedlines at the start of the match and do a quick raise dead on the 'volunteer' to add to their line?
odi

Post   Posted: Apr 23, 2003 - 12:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Maybe the undead coach has gotten his first skill throw, on doubles the undead coaches can take shanghai skill Smile
SkiJunkie

Post   Posted: Apr 23, 2003 - 16:19 Reply with quote Back to top

This should be fixed in 5.5. Let me know if it happens again. Shanghai skill removed!

Mirror - http://javabbowl.no-ip.org
Mirror - http://home.austin.rr.com/javabbowl
vigil

Post   Posted: Apr 23, 2003 - 20:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Aww.. How are we supposed to find fresh talent now?
n3m3sYs

Post   Posted: Apr 23, 2003 - 21:39 Reply with quote Back to top

and do i get my player back ???