30 coaches online • Server time: 08:57
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Mezir

Post   Posted: Apr 14, 2006 - 15:32 Reply with quote Back to top

I've just gone through a rather long process of moving various help and FAQ pages from the old FUMBBL reference pages into the Wiki. I've also restructured the front page of the User Guide to make it less cluttered. The Getting Started guide remains there in its full glory (minus a few links that got added over time and have a limited/advanced use), but the Advanced Topics sections has been comepltely made over.

Don't worry, all the links that were there have merely been re-organised and mostly bunched into sub-pages of their own directly accessible from the main page, in an attempt to make browsing the User Guide and finding what you need easier.

I'd like to ask the people who use the User Guide to keep an eye out for outdated pages, dead links, badly formatted pages and what have you.

Pages I know need to be looked at/updated/improved:

The page on Reporting Results
The page about getting past a firewall and hosting a game direct.
The IRC Troubleshooting page.
The page about the Playtesters' Vault or PBBL.

If you have any more pages that need work, please post below (or work on it yourself - it's a wiki after all). Other comments also always welcome.

Post   Posted: Apr 16, 2006 - 19:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Nicely done, Mez.

Another thing to fix is the piecemeal formatting of the racial strategy pages - I was experimenting using tables in the Human one, but never went on to make it universal (mainly cos I wasn't sure it was better). I'll look at standardising formatting on those pages after exams in a month.

A number of sections need updating following rules reviews.

Post   Posted: Apr 16, 2006 - 19:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Colin wrote:
A number of sections need updating following rules reviews.

I think they're all up to date, actually (part of why everything was moved to the wiki was to get rid of the outdated skills pages etc).

Unless you mean strategy pages that need updating after the rules reviews, I know a ocuple of those... The rules pages are up to date afaik.

Post   Posted: Apr 16, 2006 - 23:13 Reply with quote Back to top

[quote="Mezir"]
Colin wrote:
Unless you mean strategy pages that need updating after the rules reviews, I know a ocuple of those... The rules pages are up to date afaik.

Aye, those are the ones I'm thinking of. Later this year I'll be going through them (the strategy guides) thoroughly - the PBBL/LRB5 will be coming in during that time, which will add to the necessity. Most likely, we'll add a PBBL/LRB5 amendment section at the end of each page, presuming FUMBBL runs both rulesets concurrently for a while. We'll cross that bridge when we come to it.

Post   Posted: Mar 17, 2007 - 01:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Is there a way to see a "map" of the user guide? I believe there are pages to which links are only found through forum threads. I would like to work on consolidating any and all pages related to the Stunty Leeg in a coherent fashion, and I would like to be able to see every page currently available.

Yes, I know I can use the wiki search function (and I will, to start), before someone mentions it... but I would like to see a map regardless. It assists my poor organizational cognitive abilities. Razz

Regards,
~hunter