19 coaches online • Server time: 02:56
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Old Wo...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
neverborn

Post   Posted: Mar 01, 2004 - 10:16 Reply with quote Back to top

those are all stupid statements

if you have a perfectly good 1989 toyota corolla, you're going to choose to take the 2003 dodge viper GT, because its better, newer and has more good things.

Nothing fun happens if you dont change thing and constantly improve them, add more fun, more and diverse ways of doing things.

I mean really guys, if we can't try and upgrade and improve a system to make it more fun and challenging then we will just be playing the same game in 5 years time. Thats stupid, we should look at ways of improving it.
BunnyPuncher

Post   Posted: Mar 01, 2004 - 14:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah.. I mean like they change chess every year and have huge rules reviews, cuz everyone knows chess would be a silly unpopular game if they didnt keep the rules fresh.

Woohoo my Rook has mass teleport!

Post   Posted: Mar 01, 2004 - 15:36 Reply with quote Back to top

GARRYOWEN / UP-&-UNDER

(pre-req: Kick and Hail Mary Pass)

The player can kick the ball way up in the air, so high that it hangs there until that teams next turn. (You could do it like the kickoff: a little green box appears to show where it will land.) Use the throwing template for distance / accuracy: it is done like a throw, but the player may not use Accurate, or Strong Arm. The kick cannot be intercepted. Then roll 1d6 1: ball lands at start of opponent's next turn (ie too quickly); 2-5: ball lands at start of own team's next turn; 6: ball lands at start of opponent's turn after next (ie too long). When the ball lands it scatters 2 squares if not caught. The kick does not cause a turnover, regardless of when or where the ball lands.
cthol

Post   Posted: Mar 01, 2004 - 16:18 Reply with quote Back to top

actually, i think is a problem with chess: bot for chess players, but for me. It's boring, and you have to spend ages reading about tactics. If you like it, fine. However, Chess has been around for hundreds of years, and there has been plenty of time for playtestiung, to the point where the game is now about a good as its players feel it wil get. It wasn't always the same: there were other pieces (including the Empress: moved like a Queen AND a Knight... ouch) which doubtless were deemed to powerful or whatever, the board was bigger, there were different variants, all of which seem to have coalesced into the standard format. As against that, Blood Bowl has been around for what - fifteen years, max?
Severian

Post   Posted: Mar 01, 2004 - 17:51 Reply with quote Back to top

neverborn wrote:
those are all stupid statements.

We now know you have the intellect of a 12 year old. Does it help your argument? Maybe to other 12 year olds.

The extra skills would add variety, no doubt. But a long period of playtesting and tweaking would be necessary. Are there any rumblings of this type of thing from Team GW?
Colin

Post   Posted: Mar 01, 2004 - 22:57 Reply with quote Back to top

cthol wrote:
It wasn't always the same: there were other pieces (including the Empress: moved like a Queen AND a Knight... ouch) which doubtless were deemed to powerful or whatever, the board was bigger, there were different variants, all of which seem to have coalesced into the standard format. As against that, Blood Bowl has been around for what - fifteen years, max?

Food for thought. Don't forget the eagerly anticipated Dungeonbowl, which (if SkiJunkie ever gets it going) could well be a more popular variant of Blood Bowl than the vanilla version! I wonder if they'll be playing BB in a thousand years...
One of the nice things about BB since the 3rd edition is the streamlined rules, including for skills, and the innovation of Block dice (the most important invention to Blood Bowl of all!). We must be wary of bloating these rules too much, for fear of making the game slower. There is maybe some room for some new skills, just to make for more variety, but not too much more room. On a side note, I see major problems with many of the skills proposed in this thread.
cataphract

Post   Posted: Mar 01, 2004 - 23:29 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd really like to see random skill allocations... stop the standard "first skill block" crew... do it like necromunda, you roll on a table and generate your skill...

There are a bunch of skills that don't get used NOW! why add more?

Post   Posted: Mar 01, 2004 - 23:32 Reply with quote Back to top

to make those skills more worth while

becaues they arent good in and of themselves, but they let you get other skills later on...
 Jump to: