53 coaches online • Server time: 19:07
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post All Star Bowl!goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post test mode doesnt wor...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Sinner

Post   Posted: Apr 19, 2003 - 21:44 Reply with quote Back to top

about a week ago, I noticed something odd. I was blitzing the opposing ball carrier with one gfi. I knocked him out, followed up the block and was now standing next to another opposing player. As the ball was lying in an adjacent square I had the brilliant idea of another gfi and the included dodge. I had already used my teamreroll for the first gfi. The console read something like:

go for it failed. Player falls to the ground (I really dont know the exact text, cause I dont have the log). Armor roll (x,y) player is knocked prone.

dodge roll (results are not important, but I failed :-\ ) doge roll failed
Armor roll (x,y) injury roll (u,v) player is knocked out!

So, what do we make of this? IMO thats not logical (okay, okay, what is logical with BB at all) but if you failed to go for it, why is there a roll for the dodge. Hey I am prone, because I fell over my too large feet and crashed into the square where I wanted to go, so no dodging takes place.

I don´t know if this is correct or not, cause the LRB isn´t very detailed about dodging attempts after failed GFIs.

Sinner
Zy-Nox

Post   Posted: Apr 19, 2003 - 21:59 Reply with quote Back to top

The dodge should be rolled before the gfi imo

Post   Posted: Apr 19, 2003 - 23:12 Reply with quote Back to top

The Dodge is never rolled before a GFI. GFI is to determine if you can get the movement to go to that square. There still should not have been two armor/Injury rolls however. Failed GFI puts the runner down in the square before any Dodge roll.
EgorKDie

Post   Posted: Apr 25, 2003 - 09:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Doesn't Failed Dodge mean your tripped on your way into the square, failed GFI means you tripped in the square after the move, so wouldn't it be failed dodge and damn the GFI?

Gk.
 Jump to: