39 coaches online • Server time: 12:27
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post All Star Bowl!goto Post test mode doesnt wor...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
What do you think about the following:
Yes, I want a handicap system in place and I dony mind the extra hassle in setting up games.
72%
 72%  [ 35 ]
No, I just want to find an opponent and play, this sounds like a pain.
27%
 27%  [ 13 ]
Total Votes : 48

Mr-Klipp

Post   Posted: Mar 08, 2003 - 08:37 Reply with quote Back to top

I've got a couple of things to say about the handicap situation. It seems that a lot of people would like to see some sort of handicap system in place. We all know of the dificulty in doing this on the client, and from what I have heard there is a good chance that the handicap table will be revised and shortened during the next rules review anyway. What I was thinking could be done is to incorporate the limited handicap system that Christer had before the current incarnation of the site. It's over here if you haven't seen it: http://fumbbl.com/league/rules.php

There is a drawback, however. To do this, games would have to be set up through the site before you could play. For example, You would find an apponent, then both of you would go to a set up game link and select the team you are playing and who you are playing against. This would make the appropriate handicap rolls and make any changes to the roster for players missing the game, ect.

So, what do you think?

Update: I gave it some more thought, It could be set up so that you have the option to either play and update as nomal or go through the handicap system. This way you would only have to take the extra time to set up the match on the web page if the TR difference was enough to make a handicap needed.

Last edited by Mr-Klipp on %b %08, %2003 - %21:%Mar; edited 1 time in total
ChipUK

Post   Posted: Mar 08, 2003 - 13:18 Reply with quote Back to top

i dont mind the extra hassle if it is brought in when the new server is working and speed wont be an issue
Frankenstein

Post   Posted: Mar 25, 2003 - 03:24 Reply with quote Back to top

A suggestion for an easy handicap system:

For each 10% (or 10 points) of TR-difference (actual STR, not counting injured players, ACs, CLs and cash) the weaker team gets an extra RR (max 8 ) and the stronger team loses a RR (min 0).

For remaining fractures between 1-9% (or 1-9 points) the chances for getting/losing RRs could be 10-90% for both getting and losing a RR.

Analogously, something similar could be applied to the match winnings.

Just a suggestion. Might be an alternative to the rather complicated handicap-table.
Zy-Nox

Post   Posted: Mar 25, 2003 - 05:14 Reply with quote Back to top

dunno..... I still willl look for teams at my TR......but I'm wierd...lol

Post   Posted: Mar 25, 2003 - 10:32 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't know excactly how it's going to be if this handicap-system is implemented, but I'm sure willing to give it a try.
It's not perfect, it will not give you better chances of survival against a much higher-ranking basher team, but it will give us a bonus for playing stronger teams.
EgorKDie

Post   Posted: Apr 25, 2003 - 11:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Having my starting team play 3 higher TR teams to begin with means I have a 0-0-3 record losing 0-2 in each game, and suffering at least 1 CAS per game... I would have gotten at least 1 handicap in each game, and this would have mitigated some of the frustration!

Gk.
 Jump to: