33 coaches online • Server time: 00:32
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Learning BB in YouTu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Quilwood

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2003 - 17:52 Reply with quote Back to top

During this weekend after the server went down and I couldn't play BB I desided to customize my teams a little. I changed some pics wrote some bios and then I thought of making my icons special. After adding 3 new longbeards I found it kinda fun to make those little 28 bit guys. I then decided to make all repeaters (the icons you see more than one of on the field). I've gotten most of the way threw them (only Orcs, Skaven, Undead, and Wood Elves left). Most of the added icons are just color swaps and minor tweaks, but there are a few new ones (the rotter beast, rotters, and some plaguebearers for the hell of it).

It would be great if I could get some ideas and advice from the people that might be using these 100+ icons.

-Somebody suggested I differentiate some of the positions so they can be told apart better (the example was the human thrower and lineman. He thought I should have the thrower pointing up field to make him stand out)?

-After I get done with the normal teams I might make some star players or unique players (like the plaguebearers)

-If anyone has any ideas about what a type of player should look like (chaos halfling suggestion would be nice) don't hesitate to tell me, or you could make them yourself.

-Should I make it one big folder (it'll only be 2mb) or team specific ones to download?

Any other suggestions, questions, or comments would be greatly apreciated.
peikko

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2003 - 18:54 Reply with quote Back to top

>> -Somebody suggested I differentiate some of the positions so they can be told apart
>> better (the example was the human thrower and lineman. He thought I should have the
>> thrower pointing up field to make him stand out)?

Personally solved this The Old way as used in older edition figs and adding marker colors.
http://www.iki.fi/peikko/BB/ Also Im using blue line with flipping icons horizontally to tell the two teams apart. Goal is someday to do whole different icons for red and blue teams to all races.
Quilwood

Post   Posted: Apr 22, 2003 - 10:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Those are pretty cool peikko. I wouldn't have complained if they where the default icons, but I've grown kinda fond of the little fat dispraportionate(sp?) ones the game has.

If anyone has any comments for me don't hesitate to say them.

P.S. I just finished 3 new ogres modeled after the newest ogre team mini's (ones clutching a goblin).
SkiJunkie

Post   Posted: Apr 22, 2003 - 16:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey, Quilwood. If you would like you can send me any icons you make and if I like them I will replace the ones that come with the game. I've already used a minotaur that was sent to me. Right now I have a Brettonian set, some nurgle ones, and some thralls waiting to be repacked in with 6.0. So it you feel like it you can send them to
skijunkie "at" collegeclub.com

Mirror - http://javabbowl.no-ip.org
Mirror - http://home.austin.rr.com/javabbowl
Quilwood

Post   Posted: Apr 25, 2003 - 22:45 Reply with quote Back to top

I have finished the main bulk of the icons and with the help of Mezir have got a download spot. If you want them you can get them from Mezir's link (should be in the dowload or news area soon) or I can email or DCC them to you. Look for more icons and pics from me in the future. Smile
Quilwood

Post   Posted: Apr 26, 2003 - 21:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Anyone using my icons should know that there are some small errors that can be changed. If you aren't seeing a Troll that is because the trolls in the icons folder are labeled with the word origanal after them. This is easy to fix, just change there name and delete the origanal part so it says Troll1 and Troll1an. Another small error is that the human thrower2 and blitzer4 aren't in the ini. file. You can simply add them to the ini. file by opening it with notepad, or I can send you the new ini. file.

This is to Ski Junkie... Some people are having problems seeing the extra icons. This may because something with the problem, or people aren't puting the icons in the right place.

The icons must be unziped into the Bloodbowl/pics/icons folder where all of the other icons are.
psikobunny

Post   Posted: Apr 26, 2003 - 22:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Bizarroben has made some nice icons, snotlings, chaos 'flings, Nurgle Beast, and Rotters. I will get him to get in touch with you skijunkie.
 Jump to: