46 coaches online • Server time: 17:22
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
BlackNWhiteDog

Post   Posted: Dec 31, 2006 - 21:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Real life situation: Was a merchant navy navigation officer but had to give it up (doctors orders). Now setting up on my own as a freelace photographer. I'm currently single (no nagging for me to get off Fumbbl) hehe. The main woman in my life is my Boarder Collie bitch, who happened to be going loopy round my feet as I was trying to think of a handle (BlackNWhiteDog it is then).
BB bacground: Used to play table top as a teenager, now I live in a remote area so Fumbbl is my only way to play regularly.
Html skills: Self taught - still learning.
wiki skills: erm... don't even know what wiki is?
Css: See html.
Picture editing: Photoshop CS2 wizkid - graphic design and photography. Also self taught Wink
Fluff writing: I write articles to sell my photo's in real life. But being dislexic I need a good prof reader and lots of spare time! I have a vivid imagination and would be happy to brain storm with any writers though Very Happy

Well that me in a nut shell, i'm a bit of an allrounder.

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2007 - 15:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Last edited by Enar on Nov 28, 2013 - 15:27; edited 1 time in total
Subhedgehog

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2007 - 23:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Real life situation: I am an information technology consultant with a degree in computer science. I have fairly deep experience with software from IBM, Novell, Microsoft and Research in Motion and work on varied projects in such areas as enterprise-level support for business critical applications, enterprise application integration, custom application development using a variety of languages and platforms and anything else that companies cannot or will not figure out for themselves (it sounds more fun than it is...) I live with my girlfriend in Vancouver, so I'm on Pacific time.

BB Background: Got introduced to it by some friends when third edition came out (I think it was before deathzone? Either that or it took us a while to buy it...). Played in a series of small leagues with friends for many years, had mostly just had intermittent matches since 2000 or so until I found fumbbl.

HTML Skills: I am best utilized in tweaking someone else's HTML, though given time I'm sure I could do anything. Not my preference though, as I do not have a good eye for presentation.
wiki skills: I have participated in modifying code for an in-house wiki solution a client made, but that was a while ago. Depending on the language a wiki is implemented in I will be of varying degrees of use.
CSS: I know of it and can recognize it, but making CSS for me is a series of Alt-tabs between the tutorials and specifications. Smile
Picture Editing: Not great - again, my lack of aesthetic sense (and lack of good software to do it) limits me.
Fluff Writing: I enjoy writing fluff - I like the campy, no-holds-barred theme of bloodbowl. I would be happy to contribute writing.

Cheers
BarryCarlyon

Post   Posted: Jun 03, 2007 - 22:57 Reply with quote Back to top

hey everyone, im back ready to help tnt again Smile