21 coaches online • Server time: 08:54
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Cindy fumbling after...goto Post Elf Draft Coachgoto Post [L] OBBA Smack Talk ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Tor_AlKir

Post   Posted: Mar 12, 2004 - 15:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Anyone ever thought of adding new spells to the arsenal of freebooted wizards? IVe thought of two that may make gameplay exciting:

1 Mud Pit: a 7 square by 7 square pit of mud where MA and AG are cut in half.

2 Weather Change: Automatically changes the weather to your choice at the beginning of your turn.

If agreed upon perhaps the new spell (s) can be implemented by Ski for testing in DX.

Lends another twist to game play. And since not many ppl use Wizs anyways it shouldnt be a backbreaker.
dinaturz

Post   Posted: Mar 12, 2004 - 15:39 Reply with quote Back to top

why don't "Finger of Death: the finger grows longer and longer. The wizard can stick the finger in a opponent eye (no matter the distance from the border of pitch) who dies immediately."? Since a normal wiz has 10 fingers... Laughing

sorry, couldn't resist.

marco

Post   Posted: Mar 12, 2004 - 16:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Interesting idea, but why not this?

Chattur'gha's Claw: Acts in the same way as a Pitch Invasion except you get to nominate TWO opponents of your choice to be injured; the downside is it also attacks two of yours, so are you willing to suffer some possible cas to get those werewolves off the pitch or do you want to use fireball and play it safe? I know, I know, I'm stealing the name, but I just finished playing Eternal Darkness and it's formost on my mind.

caileanhawk

Post   Posted: Mar 12, 2004 - 16:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Wizards should not be in Bloodbowl. If one wizard did something during a game then another would have to do something and so on, and so on, and so on...All wizards should be killed. Smile

Think I am going to set up a team of Wizard killers. Norse perhaps, or maybe Orcs. Smile

Think I am going to go poke my "Finger of death" in a few wizard eyes...Lightning schmitening. Stab the bearded, pointy hatted freak with a sharp object, let's see him squeal.

Can you tell I don't like Wizards??? Smile

"Hospitality to the better sort, and charity to the poor; two virtues that are never exercised so well as when they accompany each other. " - Francis Atterbury
MixX

Post   Posted: Mar 12, 2004 - 16:59 Reply with quote Back to top

caileanhawk wrote:

no, I'm glad you pointed it out Twisted Evil
CorporateSlave3

Post   Posted: Mar 12, 2004 - 16:59 Reply with quote Back to top

caileanhawk wrote:
Wizards should not be in Bloodbowl. If one wizard did something during a game then another would have to do something and so on, and so on, and so on...All wizards should be killed. Smile

Think I am going to set up a team of Wizard killers. Norse perhaps, or maybe Orcs. Smile

Think I am going to go poke my "Finger of death" in a few wizard eyes...Lightning schmitening. Stab the bearded, pointy hatted freak with a sharp object, let's see him squeal.

Sounds like someone has been the recipient of a few too many lightning bolts one space from the end-zone... Wink Miss the old special play card that let you push out of bounds and onto a member of the opposing coaching staff for injury eh?

I like the current wizard rules - too many spells was exactly what Jervis was trying to avoid by originally limiting it to the Big Three wasn't he? And it seems to me that the active role of wizards in the game is being diminished rather than expanded with the revisions to the LRB...

What you're mentioning is a bit like adding back in some of the functionality of the old Magic Items deck, and everybody here who doesn't miss Magic Helmet please stand up!

*tumbleweeds roll past*

Oop, didn't see you standing there Mr. Dwarf...what was that again about Gutter Runners with AV 9?
caileanhawk

Post   Posted: Mar 12, 2004 - 17:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Kill the Wabbit, Kill the Wabbit.
And how will you kill the Wabbit?
With my spear and magic hewmet, my spear and magic hewmet.

-Elmer Fudd

Special play cards are interesting but I find random events severely affect the skill level in which some coaches play the game. A lucky card, a nasty spell...all affect gameplay the way a good ole' boot to the head can't. And who doesn't enjoy giving that little AV7 Wood Elf Catcher a boot to the head now and again Smile

Personally I prefer winning and losing based on the skill of my players playing the game, not the random event or lightning bolt from the sky...or an unlucky roll Smile

I think I am going to do a Hanson (hockey movie reference "Slapshot")...I'm gonna run by those sidelines and take out the entire opposing coaching staff (including wizards) with some well placed hobnail boots to their craniums.

Random events may be a way to help out when two teams are mismatched skill wise, but let the players decide the game Smile

"Hospitality to the better sort, and charity to the poor; two virtues that are never exercised so well as when they accompany each other. " - Francis Atterbury
Darkwolf

Post   Posted: Mar 12, 2004 - 18:06 Reply with quote Back to top

I would prefer more general manager additions than wizard editions. Things like stadium additions, medical personal, marketing agency etc etc. To bring more life to teams than as hawk said, interfering with the game itself.

Ironically, I played a close game with my dwarves and the chaos coach did not use his wizard. I don't think coaches know what wizards do actually...

Post   Posted: Mar 12, 2004 - 18:11 Reply with quote Back to top

lol i played a game too where my opponent DID have a wizard, and he COULD have used it to probbly win (or draw) the game...

alas... KILL THE WIZARDS!
Khaan

Post   Posted: Mar 12, 2004 - 19:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Wizards would be cool if their result was very uncontrollable and unreliable, and had almost as much chance of hitting one team as the other. Would fit well in with the fluff of crazy pointy hatted bloodbowl maniacs sitting on the sidelines just frothing at the mouth and sizzling with power.

The Boyz
CorporateSlave3

Post   Posted: Mar 12, 2004 - 19:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, I agree that coaching has taken on a bigger role in the outcome now than before where a few Random Events could prevent every TD you tried to score. I prefer it this way as well, which is why I don't mind the reduced usefulness wizards now have.

Not that I'm above using them for that particularly difficult match... Twisted Evil
caileanhawk

Post   Posted: Mar 12, 2004 - 20:10 Reply with quote Back to top

I seem to recall in 2nd edition or something where the wizard that was hired was just the first wizard in the gate that supported the team, this would follow what khaan is saying. I think Wizards can be an effective way of completely disrupting a game. It is crappy when you put all your effort to get a score and then some wizard comes in and destroys all your hard work. A more random result might be alot more fun...Joe wizard tries to help his local team and conjures up a large many limbed thing that carries half of both teams off the field and into the casualty box. Sort of like a pitch invasion. But that said, I still hate wizards and wizardry. External interference should be abolished. I am sure the Bloodbowl bigwigs would be able to police their games by using magical protection spells or if that fails, they can hire some big thugs Smile

I also agree with Darkwolf more fluff along the lines of hiring and firing and external revenue would be cool. There are some cool stadium rules that might make the game more interesting without actually affecting the actual gameplay Smile

Jump to: