22 coaches online • Server time: 09:00
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Cindy fumbling after...goto Post Elf Draft Coachgoto Post [L] OBBA Smack Talk ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Coom

Post 9 Posted: Jul 09, 2007 - 23:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Well I've been playing the java blood bowl application for a short while, then i decided to clear a (i thought unimpotant) icon. Although after doing this launching the java from the [play] game launcher link it refused to work, coming up with a folder list with the heading " select java blood bowl directory" (i think) So i deleted all my blood bowl applications then re installed everything from the sites. The same problem continued Crying or Very sad
So i kept on trying and now i have it so : Bbowl.jar from the 8.8A download launches manually but the Bbowl.jar from the 8.8B download fails saying "SPLASH ERROR > The original splash image is either corrupted, missing or changed.Replace the original splash image and restart." Mad Even though i had done nothing. And now when i lauch from the [play] game launcher link it says ->Error - Java virtual machine launcher - cannot find main class.Program will exit" Mad Mad

So basically, can anyone help me? Plz. I want to continue playing the java blood bowl.
kemimutt

Post   Posted: Jul 09, 2007 - 23:21 Reply with quote Back to top

How about when "select java blood bowl directory" comes up, you select your java blood bowl directory?
Coom

Post   Posted: Jul 09, 2007 - 23:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeh i tried that, but ther was absolutely no actual programs on the program selector thing, it only showed the folders. and it said show all file types, so i had no idea wot file type i needed cos nothing turned up. Crying or Very sad
RC

Post   Posted: Jul 09, 2007 - 23:27 Reply with quote Back to top

you need the jar file

Post   Posted: Jul 09, 2007 - 23:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Well i tried to look for the jar files, but when i opened the folders they were in none of the programs in the folder, or any other folders, were there
DevilsReflexPox

Post   Posted: Jul 09, 2007 - 23:41 Reply with quote Back to top

I would just try to completely reinstall to be honoest
Coom

Post   Posted: Jul 09, 2007 - 23:44 Reply with quote Back to top

tried that, didnt work
kemimutt

Post   Posted: Jul 09, 2007 - 23:53 Reply with quote Back to top

When selecting the java blood bowl directory you are just supposed to select the directory. No need to find any files in it. Just select it.
Coom

Post   Posted: Jul 10, 2007 - 00:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Hmm i would try that, the thing is it says >Error - Java virtual machine launcher - cannot find main class.Program will exit" and i dont even get to the select directory part. Neutral
Ehlers

Post   Posted: Jul 10, 2007 - 01:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Does your Java work on other program/sites? (could be an error with Java itself)

My machine have put some things on the desktop, maybe try to look there? Smile
BadMrMojo

Post   Posted: Jul 10, 2007 - 19:52 Reply with quote Back to top

It sounds like you downloaded the patch (the 8.8b version) but didn't install it (by dragging it into the 8.8a folder). Nine times out of ten, the "Corrupted or Broken Splash Image" error means that you installed the patch incorrectly.

So to fix it (and this really isn't complicated enough for 16 steps, I'm just being as thorough as possible)...

1. Delete all copies of Javabbowl, bbowl, etc... off your hard drive. Really. Just start from scratch.

2. Download the full version - 8.8a. You wind up with a .zip file sitting on your machine somewhere. Remember where.

3. Unzip the 8.8a full download.

4. Put the 'bbowl' folder wherever you like and then leave it there. Do not move anything out of that folder. Just leave it be.
(Let's pretend you're using a PC and you choose to put it at "C:/bbowl". I'm going to refer to that below, but just remember to swap in the folder that you really chose to use.)

5. Now, really quick-like, just open that folder at C:/bbowl and double-click on bbowl.jar. It should open up and say 8.8a, allowing you to start a standalone game as a test.

5a. I recommend taking this opportunity to set your options as you like them. The only mandatory one is clicking on the FUMBBL Login option.)

6. Start up your standalone game and click through to the first turn. Concede and end the game. Make sure you get the end of game screen.

7. Close the .jar file. You've successfully installed and configured the old version.

8. Download the 8.8b patch. Remember where you save the .zip file.

9. Unzip the 8.8b patch .zip file.

10. Go into the folder that you just created and find bbowl.jar.

11. Copy the bbowl.jar from the patch folder and paste it into C:/bbowl. It will as if you want to overwrite the old, 8.8a version. Say yes.

12. Repeat step 11 for any other FILES (not folders)!
I could be wrong, but I think 8.8b is just the new .jar file and maybe a new readme. Nothing trixy.

13. Double-click on the new C:/bbowl/bbowl.jar to start up 8.8b. It should work fine.

Note that you can play like this. Just double-click on the .jar file and copy and paste in the roster and host information. It's really not that hard.

14. To get the "Play" link set up, try clicking on it. It should as you to find the bbowl directory.

15. Navigate to C:/bbowl and click on "choose".

Post   Posted: Jul 10, 2007 - 23:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for helping, i sorted it. Cheers
 Jump to: