67 coaches online • Server time: 21:38
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post Learning BB in YouTu...goto Post Advice tabletop tour...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
darkwing2k6

Post   Posted: Jun 29, 2007 - 20:57 Reply with quote Back to top

hi folks, recently joined and thought id say hi to all you academy players (and everybody else!) as il probably be playing some of you. this site is a godsend isnt it! i used to play the boardgame with my brother but as we grew up it kinda stopped Crying or Very sad but then i found an old blood bowl DOS game, unfortunately i couldnt get it to run so after checking out some forums i got directed here as it was much easier and more fun instead of playing AI. so here i am. Smile one more thing before i go to get whipped on the field with my hoomans- on the team roster the players have 2 values- im guessing one of them is their purchase price but what is the other? is it a sale price i would get if i retired them?

cheers
john
PeteW

Post   Posted: Jun 29, 2007 - 21:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Welcome to fumbbl! May your stay be a long and happy one.

A quick tip - don't make multiple accounts or break the rules. The admins are very sharp.

The two numbers and team rating and team strength. The site uses a clever little algorithm to more accurately gage the strength of a team.

Have fun and may all your fouls be bloody! Rolling Eyes (for Spiro)

darkwing2k6 wrote:
one more thing before i go to get whipped on the field with my hoomans- on the team roster the players have 2 values- im guessing one of them is their purchase price but what is the other? is it a sale price i would get if i retired them?

Sadly, no. You don't get any money back when you sack a player.

It's an estimate of how good the player is (how much he's 'worth'). This is used to make a stat called TS (Team Strength) which can be used to compare how good teams are a bit better than TR.

It's the TS, you don't get any money for selling a player. The figure in brackets is 10x what that player adds to your TS value.

TS, team strength, is a Fumbbl only feature which is a more accurate figure for evaluatinghow strong a team is.

Post   Posted: Jun 29, 2007 - 21:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Welcome on FUMBBL. I don't know what the 2nd price is, but when you retire a player, you get no money back.
SillySod

Post   Posted: Jun 29, 2007 - 21:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Nah its a team strength price.

FUMBBL uses a slightly different system to measure the relative value of a team. Your TR is the rulebook value of the team, TS is the FUMBBl value. TR is used to determine in game events such as handicaps, it is rarely used outside of this (but is always recorded). TS is used by FUMBBL to generate rankings and suchlike.

You might want to note that teams with a difference of 40 TS or more cannot play (within most ranked divisions)

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."
Chewie

Post   Posted: Jun 29, 2007 - 21:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Welcome to Fumbbl.

Prepare to kiss your social life goodbye...
darkwing2k6

Post   Posted: Jun 29, 2007 - 21:08 Reply with quote Back to top

magic thanks for your help. PeteW- sorry, what do you mean by multiple accounts? i only have one (i hope!).
Chewie

Post   Posted: Jun 29, 2007 - 21:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Just don't make another.... keep passwords etc, and don't try to play against yourself to get free SPP... Very Happy
darkwing2k6

Post   Posted: Jun 29, 2007 - 21:12 Reply with quote Back to top

oh ok thats fair enough, but can i play with my own teams in the stand alone game ( for practice and testing etc.)
Astarael

Post   Posted: Jun 29, 2007 - 21:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, in standalone anything goes Smile

Post   Posted: Jun 29, 2007 - 21:15 Reply with quote Back to top

magic, must say u guys are quick with your help, much appreciated!
Fama

Post   Posted: Jun 29, 2007 - 21:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Quick with help? I'd call it lack of social life Wink

Welcome aboard!

Post   Posted: Jul 18, 2007 - 02:56 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm new as well, looking forward to playing some Blood Bowl again. I used to play 1st & 2nd edition years ago, think maybe we played some 3rd, not sure. Created a few teams, hope to see some of you in IRC, maybe.
 Jump to: