33 coaches online • Server time: 00:57
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Chaos Draft League R...goto Post anyone know how to c...goto Post Elf Draft Coach
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
shaqpooh

Post   Posted: Sep 06, 2003 - 16:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Everyone, check out this link. Its "The future of Football", but it looks alot like Bloodbowl meets Mutant League football to me. What do you think?

http://www.hasbro.com/battleball/
veron

Post   Posted: Sep 06, 2003 - 17:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Smells like a major BB rip-off if you ask me. Even one of the models were posed exactly like an old second edition chaos mutant. If they make an excellent game of it, good for them, they're decades behind GW and BB though.

P.S. Hasbro is EVIL, EVIL I tell ya!
DaveSpencer

Post   Posted: Sep 06, 2003 - 20:43 Reply with quote Back to top

I like how when you check the rules & strategy section you get....Coming Soon!

Also apparently in the future, with cyborgs and stuff they like to play football on fields made out of roof shingles Smile

I agree Veron...way behind GW...just look at the pose on the charging cyber-chick - tell me that's not going to fall over constantly (presuming they're metal? hmm maybe they're plastic and you don't paint them- where's the fun in that!)
Maniac0301

Post   Posted: Sep 07, 2003 - 01:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Read thru this post for a good synapses of the game. http://www.talkbloodbowl.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=7146&highlight=battleball
milnestar

Post   Posted: Dec 21, 2003 - 00:43 Reply with quote Back to top

CRAP - why bother. Blood Bowl isn't tha popular and it is class. That just looks very , very crap ! Did I say Crap ! Hope they lose a lot of money and it looks really crap !
BunnyPuncher

Post   Posted: Dec 21, 2003 - 00:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Because Hasbro is intelligent and powerfull enough to push every toy's are us and walmart in the world to carry the game. They'll probably sell more boxes of this tripe in a year than GW has ever sold Bloodbowl.

And it retails for $20US at Wal-Mart...

Don't worry tho.. it will never be a serious hobby game, but it might be good way to introduce yer kids to BloodBowl as apparently the rules are rather simple.

Post   Posted: Dec 22, 2003 - 05:42 Reply with quote Back to top

I got it for my son for Xmas......I figure a 6 year old can figure that out but BB might be a little too hard at this point.....
outofcontext

Post   Posted: Dec 22, 2003 - 07:03 Reply with quote Back to top

The owner of my local store was joking about this game being the next bloodbowl... He played a test game and came back with the conclusion that it was crap. It's got to be pretty bad, for a store owner to call one of the products he carries crap.
Bloodcat

Post   Posted: Dec 22, 2003 - 08:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Im probably just gonna buy a copy for the toy factor if nothing else.

I just have been cash shy as of late, not to mention feeding a Heroclix/Mechwarrior Dark Age addiction..
Flynn

Post   Posted: Dec 22, 2003 - 08:33 Reply with quote Back to top

all the minis are plastic and prepainted
and there are only 2 teams
with no plans for more

Goodbye Cusi
Gibbering_Gambits

Post   Posted: Mar 19, 2004 - 04:10 Reply with quote Back to top

This game sucks heavy *ss(teric)! I can't belive the gimps on talk bloodbowl gave it that much consideration.
AsperonThorn

Post   Posted: Mar 19, 2004 - 05:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Gibbering_Gambits wrote:
This game sucks heavy *ss(teric)! I can't belive the gimps on talk bloodbowl gave it that much consideration.

Watch it, jackass, and it IS a good game for younger kids. My 6 year old loves it. He likes looking at my BB mini's but there is no way he is ready for BB yet.

Asperon Thorn
BloodRunners

Post   Posted: Mar 19, 2004 - 06:34 Reply with quote Back to top

I agree, My wife and I play against my 8 year old girl, 5 year old boy, and even sometimes our 3 year old has the patience enuff to play it. It is an assload of fun to see your kids win a game, and how excited they are that they beat their daddy or mommy. And with this game, it can happen. The rules are very simple, and the game is very dice oriented. I won't be asking SkyJunkie to be making any clients soon, but the game definatley has its place in a store like walmart that caters to family oriented entertainment among their many other lines of business.
Postie

Post   Posted: Mar 20, 2004 - 00:18 Reply with quote Back to top

I think people here don't like it, thats its more like a board game and less like a gw game (gw games are different that other board games, you ok you all know that but its hard to explain Smile ).

I think it can be fun actaully, but since its more dice orientated and movement varies ill stick to bb cause more stratigy! Smile but if i was younger i think it would love that game