29 coaches online • Server time: 01:19
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Cindy is back?goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Quilwood

Post   Posted: Mar 02, 2003 - 11:58 Reply with quote Back to top

I would like to see the rosters changed to the ones in the magazines, because then we can use the games as data to show how broken a team is. Why was the Kehmri team changed but not the Ogre's (who don't seem to be in the Help/Divitions page).

If all the Divition X teams are changed to there "normal" rosters we could use that division as a playtesting grounds. I also see a trend of only making the new races in the Div X league, this seems rather pointless. Why would anyone want to play a Vampire vs Ogre game is beond me.

If the rosters are changed back then the division would be a good place to prove that the teams are broken/unpopular/underpowerd. If the rosters are changed I would recommend to any Div X coach to make both a new team roster and a normal team roster so the games will have a least one balanced team to start with.

If the Div X stays as it is now I think it will just be a silly extra league few people use and a little less fun than the Stunty Leeg.
David

Post   Posted: Mar 02, 2003 - 16:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Quilwood,

The Vampire, Khemri & Necromantic teams were tested long ago, on the old FUMBBL system (when Christer manually updated everything!).

The Khemri & Necromantic were altered, and the Vampires left alone.

I'm sure the Ogre team will be modified at some stage.

And I completely agree with your comments on DivX, but since I've ranted (to no avail) about it before, I'll not start now...

For what it's worth, it might be easier just to start your own online league to test the new rosters. If I had more time, I know I would...

-David-
Icedman

Post   Posted: Apr 08, 2003 - 12:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Just a quick question on this topic: when did the Weres on the Necromantic team become 120K? The Mag places them at 110K, and nowhere else have I seen any mention of their cost going up (I haven't got the BB Annual) in any of the posts here or on TalkBloodBowl. Just wondering....
Zy-Nox

Post   Posted: Apr 08, 2003 - 12:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Since we gave them av8

Post   Posted: Apr 08, 2003 - 14:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Zy-Nox wrote:

Since we gave them av8

So its just a FUMBBL thing? Or did Fanatic miss putting the price increase in the Annual?
cjohnsto

Post   Posted: Apr 08, 2003 - 15:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Since i'm here, Quilwood i right we can't all just ahve new teams otherwise the league becomes irrelevant. How can we show the total stupidity of decreasing all of the khemri's AG to 2. I can't even begin to think how bad they would go against elves or skaven.... Shudder. I was playing in pouring rain it made the game impossible for me to play. It has reduced my team which could have been a bashy team with a few passers/catchers to a plain boring bashy team. My first game I scored 3 TD's by passing to skeletons/blitz-Ra's but last game I could not even pickup the ball! 5+ (even with a reroll) is a joke to pickup the ball when it is in the open.
duderman

Post   Posted: Apr 08, 2003 - 15:27 Reply with quote Back to top

I could be wrong but i think the changes are due to the new 2003 BB annual which ia already realeased in the U.K. I called the U.S division of Gamesworkshop and they said they won't be getting any copies of it in till May 5.
Mnemon

Post   Posted: Apr 08, 2003 - 15:42 Reply with quote Back to top

cjohnsto wrote:
How can we show the total stupidity of decreasing all of the khemri's AG to 2. I can't even begin to think how bad they would go against elves or skaven

I lost a game against AG 2 Khemri with my Dark Elves. Why? The _Elves_ failed pick ups/passes/hand over. Khemri team threw a longbomb. So - it is not impossible Smile.

-Mnemon
Mr-Klipp

Post   Posted: Apr 08, 2003 - 22:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Yep, the changes in av and cost for the werewolf are from the annual, as well as any other changes you might see from the magazine.

The Finishing Touch
Icedman

Post   Posted: Apr 09, 2003 - 00:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Mr-Klipp wrote:
Yep, the changes in av and cost for the werewolf are from the annual, as well as any other changes you might see from the magazine.
Thanks; knew about the AV increase, but noone said anything about cost going up as well. Not a prob, just had me a little confused Smile
klas

Post   Posted: May 06, 2003 - 12:30 Reply with quote Back to top

I wanna know if you can have more than one team active at the same time? I've met all my lousy friends, but their teams have lower rating so I just created a new one to meet them at the same level. Is that ok?
 Jump to: