36 coaches online • Server time: 09:20
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Cindy fumbling after...goto Post Elf Draft Coachgoto Post [L] OBBA Smack Talk ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
StarPlatinum

Post   Posted: Mar 03, 2004 - 01:37 Reply with quote Back to top

hi everybody. well excuse-me but my english is not very good so i don't understand everything in details and i have some questions for you ^^
is the change about the bonus 2+ official now?
will "Mr skijunkie" adapt it on skijunkie?

i really like this version of the WA rule, my mino was so sad since the 4+ roll lol

ps: i see that some of you calculate really quickly the weaknesses of the rules lol (foul but not foul lol)

Post   Posted: Mar 03, 2004 - 10:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Go Asperon, I think the rule change for fouling sounds great.
Same should go for Pass Block, player must end their move in line of interception or next to thrower/catcher.

Post   Posted: Mar 03, 2004 - 11:29 Reply with quote Back to top

here'sanother suggestion: already mooted it in IRC: the WA moves like anything else, i.e. no dice rolls. Unlike Ogres they never stop to think or get distracted. Unlike Trolls, they have a (admittedly one-track) brain. However, If the WA does not block/blitz someone (i.e. actually roll the dice, then they are removed from the field, placed in the reserves box, and you roll 1d6: on a 4 - 6 you lose 1 fan factor from the WA eating fans. This means that they can block away, and blitz, and be as ferocious as you like. However the only way they will ever score is by blitzing. I think this reflects the kind of idea we're after here: that WA's are dangerous and bloodthirsty. They are NOT unpredictable. On the contrary, they are in fact depressingly predictable, and will hit someone every turn (unless they're on the ground, in which case they must blitz to get up and hit someone).

There would be a new WA trap, where people would avoid it to make it go mental and charge into the crowd.

Any opinions?
Gameon

Post   Posted: Mar 03, 2004 - 12:10 Reply with quote Back to top

cthol wrote:

Any opinions?

Frankly, I think that's horrible! With those kind of rules the Wild Animal would completely cripple your game. You don't want to blitz with him every turn. And if you don't use him, it's going to cost you a point of FF? I can't see how ANYONE would EVER use a wild animal like that. And what if the WA is knocked prone and he can't reach anyone even with the blitz. Well that's just wonderful, either you lose your blitz action or possibly remove a point of FF.

I can't speak for everyone of course, but I personally would never ever use a such a risky wild animal.
the_grey_ghost

Post   Posted: Mar 03, 2004 - 12:30 Reply with quote Back to top

How about this. "screaming in rage" just seems so mucho and wild animal like (not). How about if the WA fails the roll he then becomes a little like a pump wagon or a Goblin finatic. The only difference is you use the 8 scatter template to decide which direction that he moves. Friend or foe in the way gets tackled. This continues till the wild animal uses their movement or they calm down 5> on a 1d6 roll. I think that this is better then loosing fan factor. Plus you just won't know what could happen. The Wild animal could take out three of your players and two of theirs. Good idea?
Lord_Holle

Post   Posted: Mar 03, 2004 - 14:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
I often choose foul when dodging from a diving tackler to attempt to persuade them not to dive and sometimes just so I can kick them in the head when they do

True, and any coach should be able to change their minds, its a loss of an action, like declaring a blitz and not going through with it.... But that doesnt solve the problem. I just dont think that reporting helps any, would be better off just adding this to the "DifferencesFromBoardGameFAQ.txt"
Franz

Post   Posted: Mar 04, 2004 - 18:07 Reply with quote Back to top

The WA can freely block or blitz, but he can move, foul, pass or hand off only on a 5+ d6 roll.

This is not too bad, you have 2 actions free, and the others very rare.
BadMrMojo

Post   Posted: Mar 04, 2004 - 19:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Code:
"Wild Animals are uncontrollable creatures that rarely do exactly what a coach wants of them. In fact, just about all you can really rely on them to do is lash out at opposing players that move too close to them! To represent this, when you declare an action with a Wild Animal, roll a D6 adding +2 to the roll [i]if taking a Block or Blitz action[/i]. On a roll of 1-3, the Wild Animal stands still and roars in rage instead, and the action is wasted. Note that the Wild Animal no longer has to move first and that he can now use assists. Also note that no dice roll is required for the Wild Animal to turn face-up when stunned."

How about removing "Foul" from the list of actions that give you a bonus. I particularly like implementing this for the client and adding the omission of fouling to the "differences" file. This way we avoid the possibility of people trying to circumvent the rules (or the spirit thereof, at least... staying outta that one) at the relatively minor cost of losing the option to foul with a 110k - 130k player and we stay as close as possible to all the official rules (follow the spirit of the new BBRC WA and still keep them from exploiting the loophole which was declared illegal by Galak).

Really... how often do people really foul with their big guy anyway? "Hmm... I can risk having my 50k linerat with dirty player get ejected or I can risk losing my 130k RO to foul that pesky wardancer..."
Yes, I realize that the strictly technically correct ruling makes it a bit more of an option (ie: you can risk losing the WA for the match or risk having him stand around and roar for a turn... could be tempting and definitely weakens WAs slightly when their team Gets the Ref).

Seem sound?

Post   Posted: Apr 02, 2004 - 02:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Deacon wrote:
Not a lot of thought behind this one.

As Christer points out, the NEW rule is just too open to abuse. Minotaurs may now stand up for free, move around normally all by just declaring a Foul action.

Bad rule. Sad

but once the foul action is declared, it's used up for the round. So if they use it to make the Mino or Rat Ogre stand, it's still used up. No one else can foul that turn. I think that it's a cheap out to use up the foul in that manner, but it's better than being unable to blitz or foul with the Mino or Rat Ogre, which is what's going on now.
thmbscrws

Post   Posted: Apr 02, 2004 - 02:26 Reply with quote Back to top

They have already said that foul will be removed from the rule.

Post   Posted: Apr 02, 2004 - 02:49 Reply with quote Back to top

When are "they" gonna put it in something official?

the whole WA changes? are they on the bbrc update website yet?

personally, i think the game reason (not the fluff reason) that big guys have things like WA, RS or BH is so that you cant just blitz with them every turn. Otherwise thats all people would ever do, them being str 5 and all.

So whatever changes there needs to be, it must involve there being something stopping people from just blitzing with their RO every turn
DoubleSkulls

Post   Posted: Apr 02, 2004 - 12:57 Reply with quote Back to top

neverborn wrote:
So whatever changes there needs to be, it must involve there being something stopping people from just blitzing with their RO every turn

I'm not bothered by that - 1/6 chance of losing the blitz and hopefully I can ensure that the WA doesn't get to hit anywhere useful.

Jump to: