11 coaches online • Server time: 06:00
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Learning BB in YouTu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
MixX

Post   Posted: Apr 05, 2004 - 22:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Acheron_Styx wrote:
hi everybody.....

Hi, Dr. Nick! (sorry couldn't resist)
Tribble_the_Unclean

Post   Posted: Apr 05, 2004 - 23:44 Reply with quote Back to top

It sounds to me like you want to fix your team without having to make any compromises along the way. That won't happen.

You have to accept the fact that your team is going to hit some bumps on the way to recovery. Sure, you've only got 8 players, but look at them: they can trash excellent players on other teams of similar ratings. If one or two of your players die, it isn't the end of the world; look at it from the other perspective. While losing a good player might stink, it will lower your TR while still giving you money to build your team back up.

Fire your assistant coaches. Play some tougher teams. There's no elf team in their right mind that's going to go up against that team; you're lucky dwarfs are even asking to play.

And just to sum everything up, I think most everyone here on FUMBBL, whether they play elves or khemri, are mostly offered games like yours. I have never had an elf team propose a game against me unless I was also playing an elf team.
AcheronStyx

Post   Posted: Apr 06, 2004 - 00:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

Acheron_Styx wrote:
hi everybody.....

Hi, Dr. Nick! (sorry couldn't resist)

That was what i was waiting for =D
Michael_Warblade

Post   Posted: Apr 06, 2004 - 00:54 Reply with quote Back to top

hmm having looked at your team i would say find some nice coaches (with elf or human or another not so bashy race) to play and you should be back on your feet in a while I mean with only 1 claw and 1 RSC player and 1 MB your not the most bashy chaos i have ever seen so you should get some matches
Darkwolf

Post   Posted: Apr 06, 2004 - 01:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Retire the team, make an elf team. Then WE ALL CAN find games WHENEVER we want. Serioulsy man, chaos are soo passe. Once mine hit the 170 tr, finding a game went down the toilet. Only offers I got were the broken ogres and chaos pact teams.

Post   Posted: Apr 06, 2004 - 03:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Finding a few nice coaches of non-bashy teams who agree to play him would appear to be a solution to the problem, yes, but if it were as easy as that, I don't think there'd be much reason to make a thread out of it. It seems to me coaches of "soft" teams willing to take Acheron_Styx on would have to be,
a) of the opinion that it's merely "in the spirit of the game" or "a time of good fun" to get their team ripped apart,
b) new to a point where they lack the experience to predict the likely outcome of the match, or,
c) very easily duped

Either way, this whole situation seems to have maneuvered itself into a standoff. Coaches of agility-based teams tend to want their players to live on as long as possible, and so make it a point to mainly play each other, whining about how coaches of strength-based teams keep challenging them, while coaches of strength-based teams design them to be player-killers in the extreme, allegedly in the interest of winning matches, and then whine when the soft teams won't play them anymore.

I suppose the moral here would be, as pointed out before, that you make your own bed. If you design a team to be extremely lethal in a league where every coach is free to choose his/her own opponents, don't be surprised if the only teams agreeing to play you are those of a similar buildup.
AcheronStyx

Post   Posted: Apr 06, 2004 - 04:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
Finding a few nice coaches of non-bashy teams who agree to play him would appear to be a solution to the problem, yes, but if it were as easy as that, I don't think there'd be much reason to make a thread out of it. It seems to me coaches of "soft" teams willing to take Acheron_Styx on would have to be,
a) of the opinion that it's merely "in the spirit of the game" or "a time of good fun" to get their team ripped apart,
b) new to a point where they lack the experience to predict the likely outcome of the match, or,
c) very easily duped

Either way, this whole situation seems to have maneuvered itself into a standoff. Coaches of agility-based teams tend to want their players to live on as long as possible, and so make it a point to mainly play each other, whining about how coaches of strength-based teams keep challenging them, while coaches of strength-based teams design them to be player-killers in the extreme, allegedly in the interest of winning matches, and then whine when the soft teams won't play them anymore.

I suppose the moral here would be, as pointed out before, that you make your own bed. If you design a team to be extremely lethal in a league where every coach is free to choose his/her own opponents, don't be surprised if the only teams agreeing to play you are those of a similar buildup.

you make some excellent points here, and i agree with you on all of them. I am at a near stand still, finding 1 or 2 games every day or two, but as i stated before, even the most "soft" opponent can be a killer. And to think i brought this whole mess upon myself, by (1) retireing players to lower my TR from a daunting 275 vs my TS of 220, to a more manageable 240/210, only to have several players killed and injured, ending up in my current situation.

The worst part about it is that i have had this team down to 7 players before and recovered in fine form back to 15 players. Then again, my TR was only 170ish at the time, making it much easier to find matches. Then out of sheer necessity i made my players tough as nails so i could keep them healthy while rebuilding. However, that too came back to bite me in the arse, as all my non-bashy guys have now gone by the wayside. Leaving me stuck with the hard nosed killers you see in my team page.

It's a pickle for sure.
ViQtor

Post   Posted: Apr 06, 2004 - 05:53 Reply with quote Back to top

I'll play 'em with my DE's just for the fun of it Smile
PM about time...
 Jump to: