41 coaches online • Server time: 12:19
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Blutzh

Post   Posted: Nov 09, 2007 - 18:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Hobgoblin Allstars Team

It is a well known fact that Hobgoblin probably loves Blood Bowl more than anyone else. It is also no surprise for anyone that Hobgoblins probably is the worst players that have ever entered the Blood Bowl Pitch. But they will do anything to be part of the game. Sofar their only change has been to do the dirty works on the chaos dwarf teams. The avarage life expectancy of a hobgoblin player is meassured in minutes and most of them gets killed almost instantly. This is no problem for the Chaos Dwarves because there is an endless suppliy of ‘fresh’ hobgoblins that wants to experience the glory of the game. Sometimes it happens that a hobgoblin gets injured and kicked from their team before they get killed. Unable to play they have until recently done the only thing sensible for them, ending their lives as dinner for their former teams trolls and minotaurs.

This is no more the case as a new trend in the stunty underground of Blood Bowl has emerged. The Hobgoblin Allstar Teams.

Injured Hobgoblins has teamed up and has been able to convince linefodder from the different stunty team to join them. None of these players represent the best their races can offer. They all posses some defects or disadvantages that makes them unfit to play on their respective teams:

0-1 Smashed Knee Hobgoblin 50.000
5 3 3 7 Block | G

0-1 Smashed Collar Bone Hobgoblin 50.000
6 2 3 7 Sure Hands | G

0-1 Broken Neck Hobgoblin 50.000
6 3 2 7 Dirty Player | G

0-1 Fractured Skull Hobgoblin 50.000
6 3 3 6 Kick | G

0-4 Skinny ‘Fling 30.000
5 2 3 5 Dodge, Stunty | A

0-4 Clumsy Chaos ‘Fling 30.000
5 2 3 6 Stunty | A Ph

0-4 Khaki Brownie 40.000
5 1 3 7 Dodge, Jump Up, Stunty | A

0-4 Broken Nose Gnoblar 30.000
6 1 3 6 Dodge, Stunty

0-4 Gmoan 40.000
4 1 3 8 Dodge, Stunty, Thick Skull | A

0-4 Gobbo Reject 40.000
6 2 2 7 Dodge, Stunty | A

0-4 Gurglings 40.000
4 2 2 6 Dodge, Stunty. Regenerate | A Ph

0-4 Pee Wee Pygmy 30.000
4 1 3 6 Dodge, Shadowing, Stunty | A

0-4 Stink 50.000
7 2 3 6 Dodge, Stunty | A

0-4 Sloppy Slave 30.000
6 1 2 6 Dodge, Guard, Stunty | A

0-4 Notlings 20.000
4 1 3 5 Dodge, Regenerate, Stunty, Two Heads | A

Re-Roll Counter 80.000
Apothecary: No
Big Guy: None
Star Players: You must be kidding
princevaliant

Post   Posted: Nov 09, 2007 - 18:54 Reply with quote Back to top

A Hobgoblin Stunty Leeg team? lol! I love it...but it probably needs some work...and I know a lot of coaches will not accept it. Great idea though - seeing as I have such a tiny amount of Stunty Leeg experience I can't comment on the team's balance.
GaldirEonai

Post   Posted: Nov 09, 2007 - 19:11 Reply with quote Back to top

I love the idea of the pre-damaged positionals. This has potential Very Happy.
SillySod

Post   Posted: Nov 09, 2007 - 21:56 Reply with quote Back to top

I love this. The pre-broken hobgoblins are immensley cool as is the idea of siding them with a load of rejects from other teams.

Thoughts:
1 - The hobgoblins don't need to start with skills, having (mostly) St3 in stunty with general access should be more than enough to make them the stars of their pathetic team, perfect fluff wise.
2 - The choice of linemen is nice, I can see it leading to alot of varied and fun teams. I can't see it leading to too many power combinations.
3 - Star Player: Ugluk the Cripple: 5, 2, 2, 6, niggling injury, DP, knuckledusters, blockle (this guy loves picking on small guys while taking any cheating advantage he can) - this needs work but having a niggled star could be great.

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."
mymLaban

Post   Posted: Nov 09, 2007 - 22:10 Reply with quote Back to top

I dont do much stunty close to none, but this sounds like alot of fun, good idea.
SillySod

Post   Posted: Nov 11, 2007 - 10:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Come on people.... wheres the discussion? This is a really cool roster, lets see if it can make the grade.

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."
snatch

Post   Posted: Nov 11, 2007 - 10:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Love the Idear, and this team has a lot of posibilities when it comes to different tactics. But I agree since the hobbos got G acces they should not have starting skills..

The start player SillySod created is aa really good idea, loves that the star is onrealiable, its the hobbo style.
Khaan

Post   Posted: Nov 11, 2007 - 11:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Nice idea.

I noticed there must be some typo with the skinny fling and clumsy chaos fling, theyre both 30k but the chaos one is superior in all ways.

The Boyz
PirateRob

Post   Posted: Nov 11, 2007 - 11:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Chaos fling doesn't have dodge.
Motskari

Post   Posted: Nov 11, 2007 - 11:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Khaan wrote:
Nice idea.

I noticed there must be some typo with the skinny fling and clumsy chaos fling, theyre both 30k but the chaos one is superior in all ways.

Note that chaosfling hasn`t got dodge to start with. He dies really quickly that way.

This team is sooooooo strange that it might be lot`s of fun. Though I doubt it will never get to high tr and it won`t stand real chance against many existing stunty teams. But... they are hobgoblins, so does it really matter?

By all means, keep some starting skills in hobgobs, that doesn`t make them too tough.

Mots
harkoninuse

Post   Posted: Nov 11, 2007 - 12:07 Reply with quote Back to top

They seem underpowered, even by stunty standards.

My suggestion would be to make the coach a Chief Recruiter, which has a rule similar to a Necromancer, instead of raising players, they are "persuaded" to join the hobgoblin team. The kicker is that these new players come with a niggling injury in addition to whatever else they had. It explains why the team can't get an apothecary (too busy recruiting) and gives the team the chance to overcome the initial handicap of having no big guys and every player being worse than even the other stunties.
johan

Post   Posted: Nov 11, 2007 - 12:36 Reply with quote Back to top

If the client supports it, add:

0 - 1 Incontinent Troll: As a regular Troll, only with Morley's Revenge added and price dropped by 30K.

I agree with dropping the starting skills on the Hobgoblins - they make for a pretty sharp start line-up. You could drop their cost by 10K.

Edit: Just saw that they have no apo? Shocked
Walks_in_the_Sun

Post   Posted: Nov 11, 2007 - 16:12 Reply with quote Back to top

I dunno about cutting the skills. you have a max of 4 hobbos, meaning a max of 3 ST 3 players. I don't think a couple of skills is going to unbalance things.

I think the roster is just too big. Maybe limit it to the more 'evil gitz' style players: i.e. grotz, snots, slaves, nurgs, and chavlings.

For your consideration:

Terrrible Chavling Who Happens To Own A Saw, or TCWHTOAS:

0-1 3 1 2 5 Chainsaw, No Hands
Craftnburn

Post   Posted: Nov 11, 2007 - 16:52 Reply with quote Back to top

johan wrote:
0 - 1 Incontinent Troll: As a regular Troll, only with Morley's Revenge added and price dropped by 30K.

Shocked OMG! If I were drinking Milk it would have just come out my nose!!
Gromrilram

Post   Posted: Nov 11, 2007 - 17:56 Reply with quote Back to top

best theme i saw so far for new stunty teams!!!! absolutelly cool!!!
how bout "Trollus Cripplus" - regular troll with niggling injury
i dont see them to be too strong with the starting skills, though i would cut the skills if the troll is added