48 coaches online • Server time: 17:31
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Chaos Draft League R...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Dan

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2003 - 12:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Right, I can't hack not chatting whilst I'm at work. I've got MIRC but I can't seem to connect to any chat clients. I imagine the problem is something to do with the fact that I connect to the internet over a LAN network. I know the IP Address and port that I connect over, but that's about the extent of my IT knowledge used up.....any ideas how I configure MIRC?
veron

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2003 - 14:55 Reply with quote Back to top

I feel for you Dan..! I really don't know though, I guess it depends alot on how your network is built there at your job. Don't use mIRC myself either. You IRCed before from work though, didn't you? What has happened since then?

My best suggestion would be to take your IT manager to a dinner and tell him about your problem(s)... Smile
Dan

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2003 - 15:31 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm not really sure what happened, they changed how we connect to the internet and suddenly I'm unable to chat....swines....
SkiJunkie

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2003 - 16:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Try this java applet. You can use it from this site as a demo. I use it all the time.

http://www.jpilot.com/products/jirc/demo1.html
Dan

Post   Posted: Mar 01, 2003 - 03:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Cheers SJ, although it's not the applet that is failing it's the connection. I get the normal "cannot connect to XXX server" message
Michael_Warblade

Post   Posted: May 13, 2003 - 02:02 Reply with quote Back to top

hmm I use mIRC over my home LAN with no problems. Your work has probably closed the IRC ports so you can't connect that way. (Your best option would be to find a way to convince the IT support staff you need IRC to work)
Zhluhur

Post   Posted: May 13, 2003 - 08:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes its the same for me. Our admins closed the port 6667. There is no way to go to IRC from work. Maybe I should do my job and not chat in the fumbbl channel. Wink

In the past it was possible to chat over some cgi-irc sites, but they are hard to find an almost closed from our admins too. Try www.google.de for cgi-irc sites.