23 coaches online • Server time: 03:48
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Chaos Draft League R...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
ST or AG
ST
84%
 84%  [ 83 ]
AG
12%
 12%  [ 12 ]
Other
3%
 3%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 98

thmbscrws

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2004 - 13:37 Reply with quote Back to top

The only decent reason to pass on str i have ever thought of is if you roll it for a gutter runner that already has dauntless, in which case horns could be better. Other than that there is no reason to pass up a str increase.

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2004 - 13:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for your advise, I've appreciate that u took the time too post and wote.

I did choose +ST and I've played a game against an orc team. And it was a good
choice, But I’ll probably regret my decision from time to time.

CommanderVenus

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2004 - 15:19 Reply with quote Back to top

ag 5 and leap is pretty darn good, first you catch the ball inside a few tz, then you leap to score..
MixX

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2004 - 15:37 Reply with quote Back to top

SoftnFluffy wrote:
yeah get him AG5 and then pass block... he'll then be an intercepting machine...

WHAT on fumbbl's history makes you think that there is such a thing as an InterseptionMachine!?
Just wondering.... as there is almost nothing as unlikely as an interseption in a game Very Happy
Well... that's what i think in my little unnoticeble oppinion

in my experience, it is not worth creating an intercepting guy. I have an AG5, Pass Block, Nerves of Steel, Catch dude for this. He still haven't managed to intercept - ok, that might have something to do with how I play the game, but as has been said, Safe Throw (one skill) negates all of these skills (and more) so it's not really worth it.. anyway, he chose +ST so who cares..
parralhu

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2004 - 16:33 Reply with quote Back to top

The stronger the better, and if also you have AG 4 the Best.

Nice darky
BigDemonicBunny

Post   Posted: Mar 24, 2004 - 20:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Strenght is the better choice. EVEN with leap.

AG4 give you quite a good chance of making a successful leap anyway. But with ST4 you can get a 2dice block against any good ballhandler except chaos warriors, that is unless he has a few guard players covering the corners of the cage.
Flaymin

Post   Posted: Mar 24, 2004 - 20:19 Reply with quote Back to top

+1st all the way baby.
bonefaith

Post   Posted: Mar 24, 2004 - 20:24 Reply with quote Back to top

normally i would prefer +1 st , but normally i dont give catch to a blitzer , or anyway with leap and catch , maybe +1ag would be better .... with tackle , strip ball and so on ...surely +1st
TheLegend

Post   Posted: Mar 24, 2004 - 20:28 Reply with quote Back to top

strength always

Post   Posted: Mar 24, 2004 - 20:37 Reply with quote Back to top

From my experience with Wardancers I would say that AG 5 can be even better than ST 4. That's because AG 5 and Leap is one of the ultimate combos in the game, such a player can capitalize on any ball handling errors that occur simply by teleporting straight to the ball. So if you think you are familiar how to use AG 5 Leap players and don't have such guys already, I'd personally choose AG here.
BadMrMojo

Post   Posted: Mar 24, 2004 - 20:41 Reply with quote Back to top

MixX wrote:
...He still haven't managed to intercept - ok, that might have something to do with how I play the game...

Every time someone's throwing, though, they have to take into account where he is. Also safe throw largely negates your chance of getting an interception, but you can still put TZs on the thrower or (preferably) the catcher who then has to dodge or blitz away. He makes a bigger impact than the numbers show, IMHO. Kinda like a kicker.

AG 5 elves are phenomenal but ST 4 elves are arguably more useful on the team and in shorter supply. AG 5 just makes you a little more likely to succeed at stuff you can frequently do on a 2+ anyway... Just now with a TZ. That is a great deal of fun and enormously useful but ST 4 adds some much needed depth to the team. Gives your opponent something different to worry about.

Post   Posted: Mar 24, 2004 - 20:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Mojo - I agree except ......

I have found that my STR4 elves have courage that they really shoudn't have and place themselves in precarious situations, which usually leave them in one of the injury boxes. I tend to protect my AG5 players more.

But that's just my own stupidity.

Post   Posted: Mar 24, 2004 - 20:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Mully wrote:
...But that's just my own stupidity.

No, I think it's mine. I throw my AG 5 players in harm's way too often. Check out my past players lists some time.

Smile

Post   Posted: Apr 10, 2004 - 19:28 Reply with quote Back to top

I have no idea where you got to choose between ag or st.Anyway, a Dark Elf Blitzer does become more effective with +1st. It is supposed to blitz left and right, and it's easier if your st is above average,so you don´t need to reposition players for support
 Jump to: