54 coaches online • Server time: 18:17
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Chaos Draft League R...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Bone-Idol

Post   Posted: Dec 07, 2007 - 00:53 Reply with quote Back to top

OK...so far I think I've done everything right...

Downloaded the reader...

Downloaded JavaBBowl 8.9...

Should mention at this point am familiar with BB, going back to first ed. release...but thought I'd have a stand alone game or two so I dont bore you guys whilst I figure JavaBBowl out....

So, I selected Reikland Reavers vs. Gouged Eye...tossed coin...Reikland to kick...cant seem to do anything after that...can highlight players in Reserves box, and highlight gameboard squares, but can I get the two to interact in a pleasing and productive way? Can I....(expletive deleted...)

CAn someone help?
Crying or Very sad Laughing
Craftnburn

Post   Posted: Dec 07, 2007 - 00:58 Reply with quote Back to top

did you download 8.8a first? that's the full install, 8.9's just a patch.
Bone-Idol

Post   Posted: Dec 07, 2007 - 01:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Aaaawww....shucks...

Shuffles embarrassedly back to the Dug Out...

Cheers! Will do that...Very Happy

looks so much nicer than previous zipped online versions I've seen, BTW...will I be abe to do my own pitch graphics?
Bone-Idol

Post   Posted: Dec 07, 2007 - 02:56 Reply with quote Back to top

OK...done all that...can now set up the Gouged Eye...

Problem is, I can only see approx 75% of pitch...cant see last 2 rows of bottom Wide Zone, and cant see Reikland dugout...

Cant seem to scroll the pitch around, so how do I see rest of pitch...? Confused
Craftnburn

Post   Posted: Dec 07, 2007 - 03:26 Reply with quote Back to top

ok, that's screen resolution issues.. before you load the game, click on options and you can choose small field.
Bone-Idol

Post   Posted: Dec 07, 2007 - 04:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Yep, already done that...(I'm just one step ahead of me!)

I've played a touchdown against myself just to check system running smoothly...now I have one remaining problem...in small screen mode I've lost all detail on pitch...fairer to say lost pitch...no dug outs, no LOS...just a blue background...I've checked the image files that I downloaded with 8.8a...they all seem to be there, just cant get em up in game...

So at present I can either see the pitch but not play, or play but not see the pitch...anything you can suggest? Am reading through help pages, but haven't seen anything yet...

Is annoying as when in smallscreen I recognise the original game, and already have my team board designed from years ago (see below my custom roster)...just cant figure out how the damn thing works!

Sorry to be a pain, just got me really frustrated... Evil or Very Mad
Craftnburn

Post   Posted: Dec 07, 2007 - 04:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Nice.. Not sure what the problem is though..
SillySod

Post   Posted: Dec 07, 2007 - 05:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Very nice. You arent using that to play with though are you?

In any case i'll leave this to a techie dweeb.

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."
Bone-Idol

Post   Posted: Dec 07, 2007 - 05:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Right...tried downloading from different server, but problem is exactly the same...is there any official support help to get problems like this fixed, cause I cant find anything sppecific to fix this...

In answer to other question, am only using the 8.8a download, with the 8.8b and 8.9 patches...the game works fine, but the pitch graphic are screwed in all 3 size options... Crying or Very sad

Where do I find at a techie dweeb?
Bone-Idol

Post   Posted: Dec 07, 2007 - 06:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Problem seems to be missing images in "pics" folder...only small fields in 2 of 4 field folders, and only for good weather...sorted by copying and creating images in all 4 pic/field folders called:

field_smallblizzard
field_smallgood
field_smallheat
field_smallrain
field_smallsunny

Now works just fine... Laughing

Thanks for help though! Cool

EDIT: Just realised...should be childsplay to get my pitch out...yay!!! Laughing
 Jump to: