60 coaches online • Server time: 19:18
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post Having issues launch...goto Post Gnome Box ranking pa...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
bbskb

Post   Posted: Apr 08, 2004 - 06:57 Reply with quote Back to top

It always seems that I get match offers from teams that significantly outmatch my team. I've noticed it's almost impossible to get a match against a nearly even opponent (within 5 points either way).

Very strange. It makes me think that people are only gunning for matches they can win rather than matches that would be challenging.

I've noticed this problem exacerbates itself the higher up my team ratings are.

Just curious to know if anyone else has this problem also ... and what to do about it. It's to the point where if I don't take matches where I know I'll end up losing, I don't get any matches at all. Very disconcerting.
CorporateSlave3

Post   Posted: Apr 08, 2004 - 07:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Time of day can have an effect, or even just who is online. Sometimes you have to play up TR if you want a match, sometimes you have to play down even. In any event, nobody should blame you for turning down TR mismatches, the games are supposed to be roughly even matchups. Generally speaking, I don't find it that hard to find matches - althogh I have elf and skaven teams mostly, and everybody wants to beat up on them!

At higher TR though, it just gets harder since there are fewer teams way up there. Some days I can find them easy, some days not at all - just depends who is on line at the time.

If you really can't get an even match, try to alternate playing up with playing down.

Post   Posted: Apr 08, 2004 - 07:21 Reply with quote Back to top

In many cases its easier to offer the game yourself, than to wait some1 to offer you a game. Just watch in the channel what kind of teams ppl want to play with and find one that looks nice and offer to play it... Smile
Elkerlyc

Post   Posted: Apr 13, 2004 - 21:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Try playing Elven teams. I oftenhave more contenders after my first bb lfg...

Either my famous bad luck is known Very Happy or people are just happy to find a team they can play without being beaten into a bloody pulp...
Delta

Post   Posted: Apr 13, 2004 - 21:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Elkerlyc wrote:
Try playing Elven teams. I oftenhave more contenders after my first bb lfg...

Either my famous bad luck is known Very Happy or people are just happy to find a team they can play without being beaten into a bloody pulp...

Not always the case, although for new elf teams I'm sure there are dozens of EMU members out there just waiting to pounce with a variety of bashy teams. Wink

I quite often have trouble finding any decent teams to play my Dark Elves.

I tend to get a lot of very unfair offers. (most of which would be against Fumbbl rules now anyway!).
I'm not against playing teams like Khemri (check my record), just not when it's outweighed by about 40pts or so!

Post   Posted: Apr 13, 2004 - 22:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Hehe! My precious flings get offers from +90 st teams and the likes.

A few days ago a guy called me out with his 18X/19X bashy team (don't remember exactly what kind, maybe undead) when my flings had 150/109 rating and strenght. I was just smiling for a while and then I challenged the same team with my lizardmen which was almost equal to his. Then his answer shocked me a bit: he said that he desperately wants to play when he was convincing me to play with my flings but after I came up with the new standup he refused it with the excuse of playing against lizards is boring... He's team was still stronger then mine. And I heard many stupid excuses against lizardmen but to say that their playstyle is boring was a new one for me.

I can't really imagine what are these type of players think about the others. Maybe they're just too scared to play a tough match instead of slowly collecting the spps.
BunnyPuncher

Post   Posted: Apr 14, 2004 - 00:28 Reply with quote Back to top

I never trust the lurkers... you know the ones I mean... the people who never chat, never type bblfg and just sit and query teams as they show up.