47 coaches online • Server time: 19:40
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Do you play to win?
I Play for blood what's the ball?
14%
 14%  [ 348 ]
I play to win a stun is as good as a cas for me during a drive.
29%
 29%  [ 723 ]
Both, blood and glory for me!
56%
 56%  [ 1405 ]
Total Votes : 2476

JanMattys

Post   Posted: Dec 10, 2007 - 18:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Synnta Claws?

Post   Posted: Dec 10, 2007 - 18:30 Reply with quote Back to top

I think this was, like, the second thread I ever posted in (I could check, but I'm lazy).

Post   Posted: Dec 10, 2007 - 19:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Man....reviving this thread makes me really miss Cusi. Sad

/me raises a pint of the Springfield Brewing Companies finest to the big fella

Post   Posted: Jan 24, 2008 - 23:27 Reply with quote Back to top

When you guys are addressing n00bs you might not want to use esoteric terms that a complete n00b might have no idea what you are talking about.
Plorg

Post   Posted: Jan 24, 2008 - 23:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Such as?
Lionfury

Post   Posted: Jan 25, 2008 - 00:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Well...what's a blodger?
krytie

Post   Posted: Jan 25, 2008 - 00:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Blodge = Block + Dodge i.e. a player with both the block and dodge skills. Blodgers are very hard to knock down...

Post   Posted: Feb 01, 2008 - 19:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi all. I don't know where to post this, so I thought that it's better to put it in an existing thread than to open a new one. I play with dwarfs in the academy league, and my last three or four games were against my friend who plays with orcs. As I started playing on FUMBBL earlier than him, I had a bit stronger team and he always got handicaps (or I got them; the better for him, anyway). Although it wasn't a major deal, it meant that all but the first game I had 10 players on court. Now this is my problem - he playes with four black orcs. He also gets very good resulst on injury table - each game I finish with one player less (the last kill was a 22sp player). Now, how do I handle a team that has 4 players with str 4? I tried hard hit tactics, I tried wholy defensive tactics, and either way, I finish like a minced meat. I would be the first to say that I'm not a good tactitian, and while he IS better, he's no Sun Tzu either. My team is 2 slayers, 2 blitzers, 1 runner and the rest are longbeards.I appriciate any advice on this matter.
pac

Post   Posted: Feb 01, 2008 - 20:23 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd open a new thread, to be honest.

Or search this forum for advice on Dwarf tactics.

(Or both!)

(Or one, then the other! Very Happy)
CowboyCapo

Post   Posted: Mar 19, 2008 - 19:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Do it unto others before they have a chance to do it unto you. Twisted Evil
MickeX

Post   Posted: Mar 19, 2008 - 23:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Aeriel: Lots of injuries against dwarfs at low TR usually means you have had some bad luck, though it is probably worsened by mistakes. Slayers are a particular source of mistakes in this kind of matchup: they have only av8, which means you should avoid letting them get blocked. However, they are your dauntless players, and have frenzy on top of that, meaning that you have to take good care of them while still sending them to the middle of the fight. Keep an eye on them. Optimally, they should bash down one opponent every turn, while never letting anyone block them.
frogboy

Post   Posted: Aug 16, 2008 - 03:58 Reply with quote Back to top

I play for both, sometimes its fun to bash the other team but i would enjoy getting a beastman in the 'n' zone and seeing him catch a long bomb, thats if the other beastman can pick up the ball though...

Quote:

7)Keeping your opponents from scoring Td's and scoring your own are the keys to winning a Blood Bowl Match. Remember this.

DOH ! thats what i've been doing wrong.

Foul Bowl - Table Top Tournament in South Wales
Araznaroth

Post   Posted: Oct 16, 2008 - 03:46 Reply with quote Back to top

7)Keeping your opponents from scoring Td's and scoring your own are the keys to winning a Blood Bowl Match. Remember this.

Its like runners, wanna win, run fastest, I get that logic.
But runners don't have Nuffle watching over their shoulders.

Thats why this game is so much fun (or so frustrating) no matter how good a coach, how good a gameplan, if the dice are against you, lose you will.
Timlagor

Post   Posted: Feb 15, 2009 - 05:00 Reply with quote Back to top

This thread could do with some advice on setup positioning including *reasons* for the placements.
Catalyst32

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2009 - 06:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Check the Sticky Thread posted by PAC. Several Tactics there.
 Jump to: