15 coaches online • Server time: 06:36
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post All Star Bowl!goto Post test mode doesnt wor...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
peikko

Post   Posted: Apr 13, 2004 - 00:49 Reply with quote Back to top

whitey wrote:
Thats what i understand from this quote, but please correct me if i've taken that incorrectly.

You have misunderstood. There.
As if people read whole thread you will find out that this case was not based on some 30tr difference so could you please stop beein silly on purpose.
AcheronStyx

Post   Posted: Apr 13, 2004 - 01:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Peikko Wrote
Quote:
If you see games there where str difference is almost 100% please do report them if they happen in open or dx.

If you wanted me to do that, you had better be prepared to retire some of your fellow admins teams.
peikko

Post   Posted: Apr 13, 2004 - 01:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Acheron_Styx wrote:
wanted me to do that, you had better be prepared to retire some of your fellow admins teams.

Admins are no exeption to rules and those admins are aware of that.
BunnyPuncher

Post   Posted: Apr 13, 2004 - 02:52 Reply with quote Back to top

So basically... if I had of lost this game below both teams would have been retired?!?

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&op=view&id=222631

That's crazy.

Post   Posted: Apr 13, 2004 - 03:02 Reply with quote Back to top

BunnyPuncher wrote:
So basically... if I had of lost this game below both teams would have been retired?!?

Now which parts are similiar?
a) Other team played to see how badly he can be beated
b) Team Strenght difference was almost 100%

Under new (see news) rules that game would have been unplayable.
Xeterog

Post   Posted: Apr 13, 2004 - 06:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, at least something almost good came of this...now the game couldn't have been uploaded...so if the my game had been played after this ruling, my team would still be around.

Someone mentioned earlier that if the only thing you lost was the game played, it would encourage you to keep doing it--just to see if you can get away with it. I'm sure that is true of some (many probably) people. I wouldn't do that..once the expectation of the admins are made clear, I would try to follow the rules (I really thought I was within the rules, btw).

Also, I suspect the amdins keep some kind of record of incidents, so after one or two times, then retire the team...My main complaint this whole time has been the retirement of my team for ONE offense that I did not know I had crossed some line in the 1st place..

I probably should walk a straight line for a while (once I start playing again)....I suspect that I have seriously angered many admins....
BloodbasherMasher

Post   Posted: Apr 13, 2004 - 20:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Even if you did anger them, who cares? This issue is just a flash in the pan. Eventually something else will come up and you will fall off the radar. Just watch your actions more closely and they won't care after a while.

I still think you got hosed, though.

Post   Posted: Apr 15, 2004 - 11:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Then I have to ask, what is the purpose to play?..
Is the purpose really to hunt spp and try to get as high rating
as possible?... as people seem to think a easy win with nice spp
for a dwarf team in a case like this give them an "unfair advantage"..
How can it be an unfair advantage if all it does is put him up a a step
on the rating ladder and his next opponent will just be tougher?
SparkingConduit

Post   Posted: Apr 17, 2004 - 03:18 Reply with quote Back to top

I think the best solution is to ask an admin before the game whether they think it is acceptable. This way, if another admin says the game was fixed and attempts to retire your team, you can offer the other admin as your defense and this issue will not arise. The only problems that can stem from this are bribing the admins, highly unlikely and unprofessional, and the admin simply not caring, i.e. I play a game against haflings at 20-down TR and 50-down STR. Grumbledook talks with me after the game, I say, "Mr-Klipp said this game was allowed under FUMBBL rules." and Grumbledook says, "I don't care if Mr-Klipp said it was alright, I don't think it's alright. As to your team, don't expect to play any more games with it because it's been retired." However, those circumstances are extremely rare, thus I think this would be a good solution.

quota

Post   Posted: Apr 17, 2004 - 03:39 Reply with quote Back to top

I doubt the admins wants people to ask them if a match is ok every time someone wants to play Wink

Post   Posted: Apr 17, 2004 - 04:06 Reply with quote Back to top

True, but this is only in extreme cases. You're not going to ask if an even match is ok, unless you're just trying to tick an admin off.

thmbscrws

Post   Posted: Apr 17, 2004 - 07:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Just got done reading this whole thread and all i have to say is WOW. So now I can't deliberatley challange myself by playing difficult matches? How is anyone supposed to play flings or gobbos at all there is either a huge tr or a huge str differance 90% of the time. There are already plenty of people out there who do nothing but hunt for easy matches all the time whats wrong with wanting to play a hard one every now and then. What about 300+ str and tr teams there are so few of them that they often have to play down or not play at all. What about people who make all hobgoblin, thrall or zombie teams? What about playing against tr 200 chaos with an armor 7 elf team? Why is it ok to cherry pick games but not ok to look for hard games? This all comes as a big shock to me and i'm going to back up bloodbashermasher, Gortex got hosed bad for no good reason.

Post   Posted: Apr 17, 2004 - 07:45 Reply with quote Back to top

thmbscrws wrote:
got hosed bad for no good reason.

Yeah, if you consider breaking the Fumbbl rules as no good reason.
 Jump to: