42 coaches online • Server time: 12:28
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Macavity

Post   Posted: Dec 20, 2007 - 00:23 Reply with quote Back to top

If you want to make me a logo (extreme boredom) A bunch of Orcs in a war canoe http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Voyageur_canoe.jpg Or somethign of a similar size would be lovely for my MPC Boyz!

Post   Posted: Dec 20, 2007 - 00:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, I tried to make a more "cap friendly" logo for the Nighthawks (like on the old NFL caps) but I don't really know. The shadows in the gif-file ended up looking rather weak... Perhaps I'll get better at it at some point.

[url=http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/9896/nighthawkslogo3nq8.gif]Image[/URL]

Post   Posted: Dec 20, 2007 - 03:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Bone-Idol wrote:
And heres the same image 5 minutes later, with Bob dressed for a FUMBBL Zombie Stars match...

Bob is more than welcome to follow the stars and you just made the list for my next skeleton Razz

Remember folks if you don't go out of your way to kill good players AGING IS YOUR FAULT!!
Bone-Idol

Post   Posted: Dec 20, 2007 - 21:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Gracehoper wrote:
Well, I tried to make a more "cap friendly" logo for the Nighthawks (like on the old NFL caps) but I don't really know. The shadows in the gif-file ended up looking rather weak... Perhaps I'll get better at it at some point.

Looks fine to me...probably too detailed for the cap logo anyway...considering the images will be about half the size they are now in the strip, but will probably make a fine logo for the shirt... Wink

...I see several "Bobs" have appeared in Team Bio's... Very Happy

Even listed as members of the Official Fan Clubs...I feel as Bobs agent its my duty to point out that Bob is not a fan of any particular club...he is a fan of all "FUZZBALL...!" as he would put it... Embarassed

(You are of course, welcome to use these...)

Speaking of which, Bob moves ahead...he now has 2 torsos, 12 arms and 7 heads...he could do a fair impessionation of an Indian goddess! Laughing

He's also getting the last touching details...his eyebrows are tweaked and just a little bushier...and his first "warpaint" design has been applied...probaly time to show a different Bob...meet angry Bob!

Of course, if you saw the original "Bob" in my Dissing the Dwarves thread, you would have seen his more humerous, novelty Gouged Eye cap...so naturally, if Bob ever gets to commentate on a Six Hooves Under game, there is NO WAY I'm gonna miss the opportunity to whack some crazy horns on the side of his cap!

I think the warapaint was a good idea..helps give it that NFL look...oh by the way...

@ Mr_Foulscumm & Gracehoper...haven't forgotten you...but ain't sure what colours you teams play in (already got the logos downloaded!)

Kaithelisse is doing better and worse...she has two torsos...14 heads, but no spare arms! so she can be fairly expressive with her face, but just sits there with her arms folded...have to sort that out!

Anyway, the bright, willow-o-wisp lights of the pub (and potential lockin!) call yet again, so I'm offski...

Last edited by Bone-Idol on Dec 20, 2007 - 22:15; edited 3 times in total
vanGorn

Post   Posted: Dec 20, 2007 - 21:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Nice artwork.

Qaz

Post   Posted: Dec 20, 2007 - 23:23 Reply with quote Back to top

That guy Looks almost as agressive as Six Hooves Under!
I love it!

"he who has relied least on fortune is established
the strongest"
Niccolo Machiavelli
Gracehoper

Post   Posted: Dec 21, 2007 - 01:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Bone-Idol wrote:

@ Mr_Foulscumm & Gracehoper...haven't forgotten you...but ain't sure what colours you teams play in (already got the logos downloaded!)

Well, for the Nighthawks it's dark green as the major color and greyish silver and black for the minor colors. I imagine going for a brighter green on details. At first I had modelled the team and colors after the Seattle Seahawks but decided to go with the scheme of the very first dark elf team I ever had (back in '92, 2. edition) as the Seahawks scheme looked a bit dull.

Old scheme:

[url=http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/9562/nighthawkswebaltxp1.gif]Image[/URL]

New scheme:

[url=http://img243.imageshack.us/img243/9923/nighthawksgreenwebxo0.gif]Image[/URL]

IMO the new scheme looks much "fresher" - so to speak.
When I get around to painting some dark elf minis (hopefully in January) green, grey and black will be the scheme as well.

And the Bucs are black, red and white.

Post   Posted: Dec 21, 2007 - 23:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Qaz wrote:
That guy Looks almost as agressive as Six Hooves Under!
I love it!

Not as agressive as Kaithelisse, trust me... Wink

Gracehoper wrote:

Well, for the Nighthawks it's dark green as the major color and greyish silver and black for the minor colors. I imagine going for a brighter green on details.

So is that dark green main, greyish silver secondary, black trim, or something else? Eg. where does the light green come in...? (let me know...if you take one of the Bob pics as example, where does one colour replace another?)

Gracehoper wrote:
And the Bucs are black, red and white.

Like this? Very Happy

Thought I'd celebrate Kaithelisse's new arms with another of her...looking a bit meaner than before...trouble with the skimpy costume is where to place logos...though I'm pretty pleased with the solution in this case...

My inspiration came from that classic pirate tune, "Things That Make You Go Aarrrrrr....!"
Gracehoper

Post   Posted: Dec 22, 2007 - 00:48 Reply with quote Back to top

First let me say that Kaithelisse looks MASSIVE! Really cool, thanks! And those two pirates now have happy smiles on their faces in stead of evil grins... Wink

Regarding the Nighthawks: The bright green for details is something that is mainly in my head. It was something I decided while figuring out how to paint the minis - where I concluded that a bright green for small parts (like the arrows on the helmets and so on) might be nice to brighten the overall look up a bit. In other words it's... "optional" in lack of a better word. You don't have to think about it. Other than that it's dark green main and black and light grey as equal secondary colors.
To give a better impression I might compare the colors to those the Philadelphia Eagles have been wearing the last few years (though back in '92 when I chose the scheme (note for anyone else: I'm not obsessive, read earlier post) the Eagles wore a lighter green and had not yet begun using the black "alternative" jerseys they use at some games these days - so it's not a total rip off).

But thanks again for the witch Buc!!! That should make them feel better about their star blitzer niggling on 4. skill roll. Cheers!

Post   Posted: Dec 22, 2007 - 23:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Well...as work progresses on Cabal 5's commentary team, I thought it was time to work on some of the studio images...any Fuzzball studi worth its salt is gonna get its hands on a couple of team helmets to spruce up the desk...

So today I had a little messing around session, coming up with a few unique BB helmet designs... Laughing

Mr_Foulscumm

Post   Posted: Dec 22, 2007 - 23:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Sweet!! Very Happy Nice job dude! Very Happy

Looking hot as hell!

Post   Posted: Dec 22, 2007 - 23:29 Reply with quote Back to top

These images, and in particular the helmets are awesome!

Nice work mate.

Enhance YOUR FUMBBL

nexusvalhees

Post   Posted: Dec 23, 2007 - 01:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Bone-Idol wrote:
Well...as work progresses on Cabal 5's commentary team, I thought it was time to work on some of the studio images...any Fuzzball studi worth its salt is gonna get its hands on a couple of team helmets to spruce up the desk...

So today I had a little messing around session, coming up with a few unique BB helmet designs... Laughing

Seriously man I love you will you have mah manbabies think you might have put jan out of buisness there Razz

Remember folks if you don't go out of your way to kill good players AGING IS YOUR FAULT!!
paulhicks

Post   Posted: Dec 23, 2007 - 01:44 Reply with quote Back to top

man i wish i had a nice team logo so i could ask you to do me a helmet....... or maybe even ia nice spiky boot

Post   Posted: Dec 23, 2007 - 02:05 Reply with quote Back to top

I still mean to pimp out my vampires. When asked Meech said it (yes, it) wanted to be represented as a walrus.

I know that probably my second favourite team has a very nice helmet made by jan which really gives it a nice feel, I do bits and pieces here and there (all images goodle searched) with my teams but it'd be cool to have a really nice team (and will be the vamps if any), has anyone got any advice on where to start?

If someone could tell me how to put a sound clip into my team that'd be really cool too.

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."
 Jump to: