36 coaches online • Server time: 16:41
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Chaos Draft League R...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Geobaldi5

Post   Posted: Jan 04, 2008 - 11:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok JavaBowl uses pretty much all of the sound effects that the original PC game had when it came out but the one sound I miss hearing is the death music that played when a player was killed. I've been looking everywhere but can't seem to find that file anywhere on the net. Has anybody been able to find that file? That's one sound that would make my Bowling experience so much sweeter.
Fizban

Post   Posted: Jan 04, 2008 - 12:03 Reply with quote Back to top

I wonder if I could find a copy of that old game - it is probably on my hard drive somewhere. That death sound was good.
Geobaldi5

Post   Posted: Jan 04, 2008 - 12:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Ebay used to have copies of the old game on there all the time. I have a copy on my hard drive but the music is in WAD format and I have no idea how to extract the music.
Silver

Post   Posted: Jan 04, 2008 - 12:23 Reply with quote Back to top

try it with this program, dont know if it will really work: http://multiex.xentax.com/

Post   Posted: Jan 04, 2008 - 12:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Blood Bowl isn't supported by that program. Going to put a request in for it. With any luck, it will be supported soon.
PhrollikK

Post   Posted: Jan 04, 2008 - 13:03 Reply with quote Back to top

You could go the indirect-route and use the built-in windows sound recorder. Just put it on and record all sounds played during the game. The file is saved as a .wav file (isn't that what javabowl uses?). Edit the bit out which you want and share with the rest of us Very Happy

Gracehoper

Post   Posted: Jan 04, 2008 - 13:18 Reply with quote Back to top

On my Mac I use Audio Hijack to capture sound in the computer (internet radio, movie fx, anything I want to sample really). "Blaze Audio Power Record" looks like the same thing for pc:
http://www.hitsquad.com/smm/programs/PowerRecord/

Post   Posted: Jan 06, 2008 - 02:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Unfortunately my PC won't play the music during the game. The sounds only work for a few turns as well before they go silent. So the game pretty much plays without sound, so recording the sounds isn't an option. The sound test works for the game, but they just won't play for very long while the game is on.
Kill-Kill

Post   Posted: Jan 06, 2008 - 02:47 Reply with quote Back to top

He means record it those turns, then divide them into different files, put on the Client and be done.

But you made up the reasons to fight
Gracehoper

Post   Posted: Jan 06, 2008 - 02:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Hmn... Isn't there a folder where the sounds are put in wav or mp3 format?

Post   Posted: Jan 06, 2008 - 03:07 Reply with quote Back to top

I can't record them since they go silent. Unless a death happens the first one or two blocks, I can't record them before all the sounds disappear.

Unfortunately there is no separate music folder. All the music is in one WAD file that's 21KB.
PhrollikK

Post   Posted: Jan 06, 2008 - 10:17 Reply with quote Back to top

I remember seeing some clips on Youtube with the old BB-game. With a little luck one may find a clip playing the death-sounds... try that.

Jump to: