59 coaches online • Server time: 21:27
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Chaos Draft League R...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
chunky04

Post   Posted: Apr 17, 2004 - 07:11 Reply with quote Back to top

The way the team is setup currently, it's pretty rare to have more than two Claw blokes throwing a block in any one turn, or to have them all on the pitch at once. The Claw guys being mostly beastmen, it tends to be used for crazy blocks on ball carriers, often resulting in a local advantage (read breaking armour) around the ball, which is where most of the TD's have come from.

And yes, they have been obscenely lucky with the skill rolls. I'm intending to go more evenly between FA and Claw now that I've got similar numbers of each, should make these guys pretty damn good defensively.

And Funso, as ably pointed out by Deathgerbil, it's clearly not aimed solely at killing things, otherwise DP, RSC etc would be present as well. The team is averaging 1.83 TD's per game, and 2.33 CAS, which IMO, is pretty good for a bashy team on TD's, and not outlandish by any means on CAS. It's also had less than 1TD per game scored against it, which is pretty hard to do if you're concentrating on killing things.

I do have some trouble with blodgers, since most of the ones I face are of the well armoured variety.
Aequitas

Post   Posted: Apr 17, 2004 - 09:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey, don't be afraid to admit you enjoy killing things. Get used to it Funso, as many coaches thrive on maimage. I myself enjoy it quite abit.

Post   Posted: Apr 17, 2004 - 09:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Hmm rotters are undead right - I think that Zara and my amazons will have a go at them - should clean a bit out in those rotters. It will mean I would have to transfer the amazons but wth Wink
thmbscrws

Post   Posted: Apr 17, 2004 - 10:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Rotters are not dead or undead, just really close to it. Wink

Post   Posted: Apr 17, 2004 - 21:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Bugger only infested by the beast then I take Wink
Funso

Post   Posted: Apr 17, 2004 - 23:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Don't tell me to get used to it.

If this game was all about killing each other, it would be called . . . erm, Killbowl!

Yeah, that's it.

As I have said a dozen times, attempting to hurt opponents' players is simply rude and not what Nuffle is looking for from coaches.

Every time a player is killed in a BB match, Nuffle sheds a tear and swears to no longer patronize this sport. Although, his public relation advisors try to cover this up; apparently it doesn't sit well with his reputation.
Bendrig

Post   Posted: Apr 17, 2004 - 23:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Ranked or Unranked wouldn't make a difference.

If I wasn't in semi-retirement I'd play them.

Not build to totally destroy and a lack of tackle. Don't see a problem here Smile
Mafo

Post   Posted: Apr 18, 2004 - 01:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Id play them with elves, id probably win too, but it would cost me a player or two cause i need to put three guys on the line that cant get away cause of yer tentacles. And thats not worth it, ranked or unranked, cause it takes a lot of games to earn the money and the sppĀ“s back.
JoeKano

Post   Posted: Apr 18, 2004 - 02:44 Reply with quote Back to top

I think Zons would be good choice, lack tackle and a good Zon team at similar ratings would have quite a few blodgers < i alas don't have a good Zon team at that rating but maybe when i do....> would give em a hell of a time i reckons, and throw a few stat increases in for the Zons as well and they are really gonna get some of their own back and run the ball home too.......

Post   Posted: Apr 18, 2004 - 05:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Aequitas wrote:
Hey, don't be afraid to admit you enjoy killing things. Get used to it Funso, as many coaches thrive on maimage. I myself enjoy it quite abit.

I don't generally do a little dance about it (at least after I got my full Rotter quota I didn't Smile), but I don't generally shed a tear either. It's just part of the game, just like passing or catching (which tend to invoke a far bigger reaction in this team).

I think I've built a pretty good defensive, blitzing team.
Daragor

Post   Posted: Apr 18, 2004 - 07:22 Reply with quote Back to top

hmm. if borderline had a game in between and regain his sure hands, i'd put my money on his team if he played it tight
chunky04

Post   Posted: Apr 22, 2004 - 05:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Argh! Finally got a game in with them and it turns out I was more than 40 strength up.

Was a great game too, with Amoeba winning 2-0, but getting the worst of the cas front, 4-2.

Looks like its now even harder to get a game for these guys.

Does unranked have this rule?
chunky04

Post   Posted: Apr 23, 2004 - 03:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, we played the game vs borderline, and it was a DRAW!

Looks like we'll need a rematch.

For those interested, the replay and match reports can be found here:

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&op=view&id=318172