48 coaches online • Server time: 16:43
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post All Star Bowl!goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post test mode doesnt wor...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
MixX

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2004 - 15:24 Reply with quote Back to top

It seems some people have been having problem with webstart (even though Christer has made some improvements lately - see the news post about it) - it has not been solved for all people. Me included.. so here's a quick tip if Webstart doesn't work for you (might or might not work)...

Instead of left-clicking spectate/replay link, right-click and choose "save target as", then save it to wherever you want on your computer (personally I use the desktop). Once the download is complete (should be immediately, it's a very small file), choose open. It works for me, it might also for you... By "choose open" I mean in the download window when it says "Download complete"... If you have an option to close the window upon completion this won't work for you of course...

Hope it can help someone, I often spectate games and I know other people like to do that too!

cheers

MixX
Christer

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2004 - 15:46
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Another way to get it to work is to install FireFox or some other browser that actually follows the standards for Content-Type handling.

Or you can try to understand what Microsoft writes on the subject of MIME Type Detection in Internet Explorer and use regedit to make it work. Note that this might render windows unusable if you make bad mistakes.
BloodbasherMasher

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2004 - 22:12 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm about to do a freaking reinstall of windows to get it to work.

Post   Posted: Apr 23, 2004 - 10:47 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm using IE6 on Win2k - and I've got no problems with webstart.

Is it an old IE version that has problems?

Jump to: