21 coaches online • Server time: 04:34
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Learning BB in YouTu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
AsperonThorn

Post   Posted: Mar 22, 2004 - 19:12 Reply with quote Back to top

There are a bunch of skills that allows your player to have a personal reroll on an action (Dodge, catch, Pass, etc) But the New Piling on has one HUGE advantage over all of those.

The new Piling On allows you to Reroll something that you CAN NOT use a TRR on. No other skill allows you to do that, and in my book that is by no means, a nerfed skill.

Asperon Thorn
TheLegend

Post   Posted: Mar 22, 2004 - 20:30 Reply with quote Back to top

even with MB on armor 7, PO only has (about) a 50% chance of working... and it puts you on the ground. The only thing even relatively close to that bad is diving tackle on FUMBBL, which even against elves gives you a 50% chance of success which ends the opponents turn (and of course the 100% chance of success in real life) I actually agree that the plan was to only go prone if you break the armor on the re-roll thereby keeping with the standard that voluntarily going prone must have an effect.

Post   Posted: Mar 22, 2004 - 21:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Nobody forces you to use or take the skill, I mean if you have it but don't think breaking the opponents armor is tactically important enough to go prone over, don't use the skill! Ok you don't know before rolling for armour if you'll break it, but it's a nice option, and I often get in a situation where stunning that wardancer can decide the game... Now I wouldn't take PO since I don't bash, but it's an option, it's not forced... Don't like it, don't take it.. already took it? too bad. Now you've learned that, retire the player or play on with him, he'll still cause casualties en masse, especially if he gets MB or (nuffle forbid) Claw/Razor Claws..
Adar

Post   Posted: Mar 22, 2004 - 21:27 Reply with quote Back to top

CorporateSlave3 wrote:
Wait, what am I talking about elves don't play chaos on FUMBBL... Rolling Eyes

Well make an elf team and start playing chaos then...

Post   Posted: Mar 22, 2004 - 21:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey, some elf teams play Chaos.

Why not check out my elf team: http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&showmatches=1&team_id=56562

I think the majority of games I've played have been against Chaos.

10/54 games played against Chaos (13/54 if you include Nurgle's Rotters)
14/54 Orc/dwarf/undead games
12 /54 versus others including bashy humans
and only 15/54 games against elfs (dark, wood, high)

Not to mention the successful 3-0 wins and 3/0/1 to 1/3/1 cas count over the undead trifecta of khemri/undead/necro (all in a row).

Of course, I've had to retire a few star players and only have 6 nigglers on the team... down from 8... Hmmm - maybe I should play elves more...

Buttercup

p.s. I have stopped playing EMU teams mind you...
Mnemon

Post   Posted: Mar 22, 2004 - 21:57 Reply with quote Back to top

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&showmatches=1&team_id=5540

Didn't play chaos mainly, but a lot of other stuff like ogre/khemri ... only 3 of 35 games against other elves. Team is in semi-retirment due to new negative winnings though, as I don't really want to "optimize" and start retiring players.

-Mnemon
[TopGun]-Merlin

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2004 - 00:48 Reply with quote Back to top

If you have a movement 4 or 3 blocker why would you want them to dive on the floor? Sure you get more injuries but dont you want your mean blocker to stand over the fallen and look mean and 'ard while the oppnent gets up and decides to either try and dodge away or call his buddies in to get enough assists in to block you.

Piling on used to be good if you had jump up, but they changed jump up to a trait a long time ago so now things like BOB and mummies can never have it. A pity really....

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2004 - 01:26 Reply with quote Back to top

I like piling on as it is. Power up this skill make it too strong IMO.

I use it 2 times and it works very well! Expecially with mighty blow.
the_grey_ghost

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2004 - 01:54 Reply with quote Back to top

One thing, Piling on on a norse blitzer is really common it allows for a reroll of a failed armor roll. Yea 50% chance of knocking out an important player for the rest of the game +2spp for it. I'd take it. Piling on by itself isn't useless because it can allow for a greater casuality rate. But when combined with say Jump up, MB, RSC or Claw it is deadly. As been said here it is not for every player (I can't see it on treemen). But the skill works fine as it is. If you want to implement it exactly as the rules say then fine, but this does allow for more casualities and I don't think that that is the best thing. If your picking on a skill I don't get why you would pick on piling on.
Tor_AlKir

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2004 - 01:55 Reply with quote Back to top

If you took away goin prone it wouldnt be "piling on" would it? It would be "Free Reroll of Armor" skill. Which is probably one of the absurdest notions i can picture.
 Jump to: