30 coaches online • Server time: 08:34
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Advice tabletop tour...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Calamir

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2004 - 18:34 Reply with quote Back to top

And how exactly will Safe Throw change that? A 6 is still an automatic success, and non-Elf players can't intercept on anything but a 6 anyway...
RandomOracle

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2004 - 18:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Calamir wrote:
And how exactly will Safe Throw change that? A 6 is still an automatic success, and non-Elf players can't intercept on anything but a 6 anyway...

I'm not quite sure what's your point. You cancel the interception on a 2+ which can be rerolled.
R_Spiskit

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2004 - 19:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

Furthermore, interceptions should give 5 SPPs rather than 2. A single game can turn around entirely, the impact of an interception is potentially greater than most other occurences in a game(except for disastrous Pitch Invasions perhaps).

Exactly!! This is why you shouldn't really get any SPPs at all! Generally, an interception gives a pretty good chance that they now cannot score, plus you may well be able to convert it as well. Yes, it has a massive impact, so do you really need spps as well. and for a 1 in 6 no matter what (non-safe throw obviously), it is not even that unlikely.
My teams have amassed over 20 ints and only 6 of these were elves. 6 were lizards with 3 of those on saurii!!

In my experience, if you int, then it gives you such a massive helping hand that it often gives you a win.
Calamir

Post   Posted: Apr 25, 2004 - 18:28 Reply with quote Back to top

RandomOracle wrote:
Calamir wrote:

I'm not quite sure what's your point. You cancel the interception on a 2+ which can be rerolled.

Shocked Embarassed Dang! For some weird reason, I used to think ST imposed a -2 penalty on interceptions... now that makes a lot more sense :X
Doowa

Post   Posted: Apr 25, 2004 - 19:52 Reply with quote Back to top

R_Spiskit wrote:
Quote:

Furthermore, interceptions should give 5 SPPs rather than 2. A single game can turn around entirely, the impact of an interception is potentially greater than most other occurences in a game(except for disastrous Pitch Invasions perhaps).

Exactly!! This is why you shouldn't really get any SPPs at all! Generally, an interception gives a pretty good chance that they now cannot score, plus you may well be able to convert it as well...

So much more reason it's should give more SPPs. With the idea for the rulechange it's more difficult to intercept and SPPs in general are given for deeds that really help the team to win... 5 SPP are to much IMO as well, cause it should never be more then TDs.

I'm perfectly happy with the way intercept is today thou. I see no reason to change anything. I agree it's a bit funny you roll to intercept before the pass, but the reason for doing so is good enough for me Wink

Post   Posted: Apr 25, 2004 - 23:00 Reply with quote Back to top

R_Spiskit wrote:
Exactly!! This is why you shouldn't really get any SPPs at all! Generally, an interception gives a pretty good chance that they now cannot score, plus you may well be able to convert it as well. Yes, it has a massive impact, so do you really need spps as well...

By that logic, then scoring TDs gives you enough of an advantage in a match and shouldn't award SPPs. Neither should completions, casualties, etc...

Let's introduce Bench-Sitting Awards: The new and only way to get SPPs!

Seriously because it's a pivotal point in most matches, it deserves to earn SPPs. It's not a guaranteed score, and therefore should be worth less than 3 SPPs for a TD but it's more of an advantage (usually) than a completion, and should therefore be worth more than one. Hmm... that leaves... 2, count them 2 SPPs! Ah-ah-ah-ah!</The Count>

Also remember that earning SPPs has no bearing on the match at hand. Making that completion way back in your backfield on turn 8 of the half because you have no way of scoring does not matter one bit in the current game. Earning SPPs for an interception does not alter the current game either. The interception itself will but the SPPs don't.

Moral of the story: it's all good as it is.

Post   Posted: Apr 25, 2004 - 23:20 Reply with quote Back to top

BadMrMojo wrote:
Moral of the story: it's all good as it is.

agree 100 % interceptions work perfectly the way they are.
 Jump to: