73 coaches online • Server time: 21:32
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post Advice tabletop tour...goto Post BB2020 - Kick team m...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
SillySod

Post   Posted: Jan 30, 2008 - 23:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, some things I learnt about Oblizamanger from his post initially:
- He likes pictures
- He has coached a wide variety of teams both in bashiness and number of different races
- He hasnt coached any one team for alot of games, both the low SPP players who are superstars to him and the low number of deaths for a given race suggest that
- He has been around for a while but not played a great deal (compared to others, he gets his dose of BB weekly rather than hourly)
- He has played against Arktoris

These arent good or bad... but they do build up a sort of a profile, that was pretty much what I read from the post (it was just from a quick readthrough too).

If you want to look deeper you could say:
- He has too much time on his hands especially considering he gets his BB dose weekly (this genuinely just occured to me)
- He discovered the RIP icon before me, I'm jealous since I only found it the other day
- He probably dosent realise that a 46% save rate is about right, maybe even on the high side since about half of all SI's demand the use of an apothecary (niggle or stat decrease is usually as good as dead). If you get the SI before the RIP (Its 50/50) then the apoth will save the SI, if its the RIP then the RIP.

Again, these things are hugely unimportant and mostly neither good nor bad, but I do find them (and maybe the act of noticing them) interesting in a peculiar way Very Happy

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."
Kill-Kill

Post   Posted: Jan 31, 2008 - 00:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Pirog wrote:

Don't you want the Fumbbl community to keep growing? Don't you realize that newcomers to this site might just pack up and leave if some self proclaimed Fumbbl veteran tries to put them in their place over some pointless thing like writing an obituary that doesn't suit your standard?

Self-proclaimed? Actually, that was the other fellow who called him a veteran. While I totally agree with pythrr, the fact that it was posted here does not bother me too much. It's how wildly and unreasonably the poster reacted when it was pointed out that people disagreed with it's importance. That, in my mind, is much worse than what pythrr did.

Oblitz put time and effort into this--this is the kind of thing that should be here.

Ok, now I vote we stop the hijacking of the thread. /me sneakily gets the last word in

But you made up the reasons to fight
 Jump to: