22 coaches online • Server time: 04:24
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post [L] OBBA Smack Talk ...goto Post Cindy fumbling after...goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'S
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Rynkky

Post   Posted: Feb 17, 2005 - 12:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Sinner wrote:
But! Just watched a replay with a blitz kick off result. Well, actually it "looks" as if the ball is lying in the square from where it will bounce another square. So far the replayer looks very much like the client, why not this nifty small blue square for the ball final scatter while resolving kick off results?

I will add this to my check list. If it possible (without preparsing) to find out where the ball will scatter I will certainly add this feature. If preparsing is needed then I'll have to add this to my TODO list (for nice to have features) because it will be more difficult to implement and currently I am concentrating in rewind play. Only small feature additions (and bug fixes) will be done until rewind is ready Smile

Quote:
Also, I don't know whether it's just me, but I'd like to get a message box with the kick off results (if possible), maybe optional somewhere...

This is easy to implement. Adding this to my TODO list. There's currently plenty of settings that can be set via ini files only (delays, texts, etc.) I have plans to add dialog for editing those settings when other necessities are finished first. So when I add kick-off result messagebox, you'll have to enable it by editing ini file until settings dialog exists.

-Rynkky
Rynkky

Post   Posted: Feb 17, 2005 - 13:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Rasfahan wrote:
Really great work, thank you!

Thanks. Smile

Quote:
I second the Kick-Off-Result Pop-Up (make a button next to where the weather-display is. Hovering over it/pressing it will pop-up the Handicaps and the last Kick-Off-Result. Even nices would be icons for this, but I understand anyone who can't make icons [I can't...]).

Sounds like a great idea! Will add this to TODO list.

Quote:
In addition to the possibility of scrolling (which is nifty, btw) in the BH/SI-Boxes, hovering over them should display a pop-up with all player names and possibly the positions.

I like this idea also. I think I'll add another button (besides the arrows) that will act as a hotspot for this. This because currently SI'd box will show injury description if there's player under mouse pointer.

Quote:

There should be a menu with text (File->Open from File, File->Open from Web/Preferences->Set Speed/Preferences->Set Website) at the top following the usual UI-guidelines in addition to the buttons.

Shortkeys for common functions (Load, Play, Forward, Backwards, Faster, Slower) would be nice.

These are under UI improvements TODO list. Those won't happen until rewind play is ready though.

Quote:
Now something which might not be too useful for FUMBBLers:

For leagues other than FUMBBL, you should publish how the replayer parses things for the replays listings (i.e. what does my website need to output for the replayer to display a correct listing) and include the possibility of specifying a website different from fumbbl. Consider publishing a DTD/XML-Schema for the listings so people can provide it as XML. Open interfaces are a Good Thing Very Happy.

I will write a DTD and upload it to JBBR site.

You can edit the fetch URL in general ini to point it to another location (check MatchQueryURL). If coach name is given, &coach="name of the given coach" is appended to that. If incremental fetch is being done match id (from which on matches should be returned) &start="all after this match id" will be added to URL.

E.g.

If only 30 recent matches will be fetched (it can be more but Christer has limited it to 30 which is fine), following url will be executed.

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=data&op=matches

If coach name is given. Following will be executed.

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=data&op=matches&coach=rynkky

If coach name is given AND more matches are being fetched AND last id of previous fetch is 12345, following will be executed.

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=data&op=matches&coach=rynkky&start=12345

Of course this is still a static solution but adding way to select alternate sites should not be too hard to implement.

Quote:
I also submitted a feature request concerning packaging the whole thing including data-files in a single, runnable .jar.

Reason why everything is not contained in one big jar file is incremental updates, especially now when software is evolving at pretty fast pace. One jar file would mean that every time an update is done you'd have to download the whole replayer including graphics, settings (and later sounds) even though only the classes have changed and thus update would have been 50kB instead of 3MB.

Quote:
PS: I offer my help with coding/packaging if you want it.

I will PM you my contact information and maybe we can see if tasks could be shared. JBBR will be released as open source but I wasn't going to do that until all the required features are implemented. Currently there's only one such feature missing, rewind play.

-Rynkky
Jaelum

Post   Posted: Apr 08, 2006 - 09:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Hello all. I am really interested in using this replayer, but I'm having issues...

I downloaded version .3, then patched it to .3.4. I double-click the jbbr icon, and get the program to open just fine, and when I click on the "world" icon, I get the list of games. However, any game I click on in the list gives me a "Failed to Open" error (with the address of the .zip file).

What am I doing wrong?

Many thanks!
tobardin

Post   Posted: Apr 11, 2006 - 11:12 Reply with quote Back to top

I had the same problem. As mentioned earlier in this forum there are problems with recent games, because of their new download-name. With raising game numbers at fumbbl, there is an overflow of the game number.

I can load older games (from 2005) very easily. Hopefully a later version of jbbr will fix the adress problem.
Barre

Post   Posted: Dec 04, 2007 - 05:09 Reply with quote Back to top

I've just discovered the wonders of this tool, is it still an active project? The only web page I found was still referring to version 0.34, I currently have 1.2 alpha.

Post   Posted: Jan 03, 2008 - 03:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Has anyone encountered an error when trying to open the zip files from the online replays? Whenever I try to open a replay from the web it says that it failed to open the zip file.

edit: nvm i see that the alpha is the new one to use.
DonTomaso

Post   Posted: Jan 03, 2008 - 04:13 Reply with quote Back to top

So instead of deleting this post, you edited it while writing it... Smile

Post 17 Posted: Jan 31, 2008 - 01:01 Reply with quote Back to top

After much research I have found Lincoln's FBB Website. Its in French , but just download the zip
It worked great for me. He has done a good job.

Java BlodBowl Replay 2 Beta : FBB Edition

http://www.e411-music.be/static/fbb/jbbreplay2.html

Thanks Rynkky and Lincoln , great job ![/i]
 Jump to: