42 coaches online • Server time: 11:42
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Oblitzamanger

Post   Posted: Jan 30, 2008 - 22:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Not that I'm taking sides, but I wanted to remind everyone of something Ol_One_Eye said himself in his blog that I think all parties could at least consider:

Ol_One_Eye:
"...I am writing this blog to most importantly remind myself that its just a game and to take it as one... if things get annoying there is the ability to walk away, cool down then return.

A suggestion to new and old players alike... relax!! It just a game!"

As for the personal attacks by the coach in question, I do beleive a taste of his own medicine is in order (meaning to heed his own words, not to have him be flamed back).

I hope this is my last post about this topic, but it may well not be. I somehow have a habit of sticking my nose into places it gets banged up just because I like the thrill. This is a bad habit and I hope it does not backfire on me here. I mean no one offense and wish everyone the best of luck in the future!! And as always, I would enjoy a game with any of you. If you do play me, you would be in for a chatty, fun-filled, fluffy, unlucky dice laughing, jolly good time. Isn't that what this game is about anyway?

That means you.
Kill-Kill

Post   Posted: Jan 31, 2008 - 00:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Macavity wrote:
People are welcome to use their Blogs for anything at all (within site guidelines), and the Obituaries for player deaths.
People are welcome to say that others' players weren't worth an obituary.

/me agrees 100%.

However, people usually shouldn't become abusive when the later is stated.

EDIT: For example, these are the only things that crossed the line on the first page.

One eye wrote:
Extremely sorry my player doesn't live up to your expectations Master Pythrr... please have mercy Oh Mighty One...

One eye wrote:
Not a fan of arrogant long term players

you'll never guess this one (eye) wrote:
oh god its like im back in the classroom with the below average kids trying to explain how to sharpen a pencil WITHOUT causing bodily harm!!

This is the kind of stuff I have an issue with. Especially since it was almost completely unprovoked.

But you made up the reasons to fight

Last edited by Kill-Kill on Jan 31, 2008 - 00:28; edited 2 times in total
OneEye

Post   Posted: Jan 31, 2008 - 00:24 Reply with quote Back to top

I think i need to put an obituary in regarding Sillysods argument being dead!

And yes Oblitzamanger i wrote its just a game... which is why you and Sillysod arguing about whether an obituary in the obituaries column makes sense is probably the stupidest thing that has ever been written in the FUMBBL forums... and if you have read most of the threads in the forums then you would understand just how high a pinnacle you have reached!!!

Congratulations! Smile

Last edited by OneEye on Jul 05, 2008 - 07:24; edited 1 time in total
Macavity

Post   Posted: Jan 31, 2008 - 00:35 Reply with quote Back to top

@Kill-Kill, you have a point.

@Ol_One_Eye. Peace. It's going to be done, now.

Post   Posted: Jan 31, 2008 - 00:40 Reply with quote Back to top

What is the longest obituary thread on Fumbbl?

My 2 cents, if you write an obituary for a 3SPP player because he did something amazingly cool or amazingly stupid, unlucky etc., that is the writer's privilage.
OneEye

Post   Posted: Jan 31, 2008 - 01:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Kill-Kill wrote:

This is the kind of stuff I have an issue with. Especially since it was almost completely unprovoked.

........yes flaming a simple obituary is unprovoked......

But its all good... Eddy will be forever remembered for his five minutes of fame now so i couldn't have written a better obituary if i tried!!

Now im sure there are many more forum topics you want to go flame so lets let this one die... only after you write a final response of course... can't have the flamers NOT have the last word of course!
Macavity

Post   Posted: Jan 31, 2008 - 01:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Considering you claimed you had spoken your final word on page 2, One Eye, perhaps you should relax and stop, yourself.

Post   Posted: Jan 31, 2008 - 01:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Ol_One_Eye wrote:
Can't have the flamers NOT have the last word of course!

Quite

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."
pythrr

Post   Posted: Jan 31, 2008 - 01:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Ol_One_Eye wrote:
Kill-Kill wrote:

........yes flaming a simple obituary is unprovoked......

But its all good... Eddy will be forever remembered for his five minutes of fame now so i couldn't have written a better obituary if i tried!!

Now im sure there are many more forum topics you want to go flame so lets let this one die... only after you write a final response of course... can't have the flamers NOT have the last word of course!

You are, once again, neatly ignoring the fact (observed by Kill-Kill and others) that my response was NOT a flame. Please stop rewriting history to suit your own purposes.

And, do I get the last word? (Silly?)
OneEye

Post   Posted: Jan 31, 2008 - 01:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Sorry Macavity i'm probably enjoying this a bit too much!
OneEye

Post   Posted: Jan 31, 2008 - 01:43 Reply with quote Back to top

I will say this tho... its very interesting how many pm's and private messages i have recieved over the past few days relating to this forum topic from people who seem to be too afraid or just unwilling to post their thoughts. Now not all of them were behind my position but i find it really sad that so many FUMBBLers don't enjoy using the forums as they just don't want to deal with the crap that is directed towards people just wanting to ank questions or post something they enjoy.

I will never allow someone to tell me what i can and can't post in the forums (within the guidelines) and hopefully those who have pm'ed me and those who have read this post take encouragement and don't allow the few bad eggs (me included if you feel that way) to ruin their experience on FUMBBL.

Don't agree with me? Then please forward me your financial institutions account details so i can transfer you a few cents to call someone who cares Smile

I'm out! No more posts (just for you Macavity)

R.I.P Eddy 'Chucka' Simowitz.... your place in FUMBBL history is secure!
 Jump to: