13 coaches online • Server time: 05:49
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Old Wo...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
killcrazy

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2008 - 12:23 Reply with quote Back to top

or for you L33T characters out there "im a n00b"

right.. just downloaded version 8.8a and installed it.
Created an account on here, and a team.

now how do i play? i can play against myself...

but how do i find a match to play someone else? if anyone could clear this up for me that would be great. thanks.

chris
Popcorn

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2008 - 12:26 Reply with quote Back to top

First of all, you need 8.9 client version. Smile
Second of all, welcome! Wink

Reading the 'help' section....helps Smile
Leijonet

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2008 - 12:33 Reply with quote Back to top

http://fumbbl.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=phpWiki&file=index

Welcome to fumbbl. May your snakes be few and your RIPs be plentiful!

Leijonet -Winging justice since 6/9-08
foresttim

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2008 - 12:40 Reply with quote Back to top

I would strongly suggest going into the academy chat channel and asking there. You should find an experienced coach who will take you through it. Also read the user guide and rulebook (if you've not played before) thoroughly. Welcome on board!

killcrazy

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2008 - 12:47 Reply with quote Back to top

foresttim wrote:
I would strongly suggest going into the academy chat channel and asking there. You should find an experienced coach who will take you through it. Also read the user guide and rulebook (if you've not played before) thoroughly. Welcome on board!

Iv played bloodbowl for years, just never seen this online.

I know how to play. all i need is a guide on how to acctually get into a game. Once iv updated to 8.9 i should be alright though.
Colin

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2008 - 12:49 Reply with quote Back to top

The best way to arrange a game is to go to the appropriate IRC channel - I see you have an Academy team ready, so /join #FumbblAcademy

Edit: Once there, you can type bb lfg to announce your readiness to play, and your team will be listed in Gamefinder.

If you need help with IRC, read http://fumbbl.com/help:InstallChat

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2008 - 13:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Something that slowed me down when I started is how to launch the java program with your team preloaded as one of the teams. Don't launch the java program directly. Go to your home page http://fumbbl.com/~killcrazy and click on the play link beside the team you want to play with. This opens a popup window:
- leave it on proxy sweden1 (there are others in case that is down)
- pick a proxy name for the game (proxy means you don't need to configure your firewall etc to host the game, it goes through fumbbl's proxy server instead, much easier), for example you could call your game 'killkrazy'
- ignore the next two boxes since you are using the proxy and click on launch as server to 'host' the game
- tell your opponent the proxy name you picked and that you are hosting (they will do the same thing but click on launch as client)

JavaBB will load and you put in your FUMBBL user/pass and it will get your team for you. Good luck!
heinz

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2008 - 14:20 Reply with quote Back to top

clarkin wrote:
Something that slowed me down when I started is how to launch the java program with your team preloaded as one of the teams. Don't launch the java program directly. Go to your home page http://fumbbl.com/~killcrazy and click on the play link beside the team you want to play with. This opens a popup window:
- leave it on proxy sweden1 (there are others in case that is down)
- pick a proxy name for the game (proxy means you don't need to configure your firewall etc to host the game, it goes through fumbbl's proxy server instead, much easier), for example you could call your game 'killkrazy'
- ignore the next two boxes since you are using the proxy and click on launch as server to 'host' the game
- tell your opponent the proxy name you picked and that you are hosting (they will do the same thing but click on launch as client)

JavaBB will load and you put in your FUMBBL user/pass and it will get your team for you. Good luck!

You need to launch the client manually first time though: To make sure your options are in compliance with the setup mentioned in the help section (=tick the fumbbl log in box). Once you've altered the options, remember to start a stand alone game - this will save your options choises after loading the teams (just exit again once this is done). After that you can use the site launcher as mentioned - knowing how to work the client manually is a must though - for reloads and other stuff.