36 coaches online • Server time: 00:09
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Learning BB in YouTu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Olaf_the_Stout

Post   Posted: Aug 30, 2007 - 01:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Chewie wrote:
Use tiddlywinks, they are cheaper than models! Very Happy

There still not as cool to look at though!

Olaf the Stout
Olaf_the_Stout

Post   Posted: Aug 30, 2007 - 01:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Wreckage wrote:
Olaf_the_Stout wrote:

I take it that there has been some friction between this website and GW?

Olaf the Stout

everything was fine... there was no friction... man i told you... just play a few games...
but you couldn't stop it, right? you couldn't stop asking legal questions. you had to bring disturbance into the peace. Now i have no choice. I gotta reveal the truth. In GW.... they are crab people..

Crab people want domination of the world, but are too weak and small to destroy or take down man by force. So the crab people created an ingenious way to take down man: turn all men into GW-Gamer. As one crab person said, "If you can't beat man, change man". By changing men into GW-Gamer, mans backsides would be too fat and too weak to beat the crab people.

I suspected as much. Personally, I welcome our new crab-people overlords. Wink

Olaf the Stout
pythrr

Post   Posted: Aug 30, 2007 - 02:17 Reply with quote Back to top

or use crudely drawn cardboard players....

oh, wait, that was edition 1

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2008 - 21:54 Reply with quote Back to top

hi guys, i have 2nd edition, is this still workable with the latest rule book on Fummbl??
Macavity

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2008 - 22:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Were there block dice?

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2008 - 22:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Well I can´t remember the exact proportions of the old board (the flamingo board).
But I believe they hold the same proportions.
15 squares wide, and 13 squares deep, however on the new boards a line is drawn after the four outer most squares in either side to make it easier to see if you are on the sideline (when you set up).
If only it fills the above demands it should be cool.
If you don´t have lock dice, there are plenty of places to get them on the internet - or through NAF, which is the official BB real life community.
DonTomaso

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2008 - 22:17 Reply with quote Back to top

LordSnotball wrote:
but if ur like the rest of us, u'll end up buying more BB minis after joining the site than ever before

Amen!

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2008 - 22:17 Reply with quote Back to top

I just figured that was the easiest questio nto ask to tell if he had the "right" version, since people get the editions wrong all the time Wink

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2008 - 01:27 Reply with quote Back to top

The 2nd edition board (the polystyrene Astrogranite one, which always set my teeth on edge with it's squeaking) is playable, but I think the endzone is one square deeper (and thus the board is two rows longer). The range ruler didn't change at all. You'll need Block dice (you can use d6s - (1)Skull, (2)Both Down, (3.4)Push Back, (5)Pow!, (6)POW), but apart from that, you have everything you need - a printed, bound copy of LRB5 (or LRB4 if that is your preference) is a good idea.

For those wanting a DIY playing surface, there are some fantastic home-made ones out there - Talkbloodbowl features quite a few of them, and some particularly good ones were made by these folks: http://bloodbowl.beckerf.de/html/stadiums.html

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2008 - 01:36 Reply with quote Back to top

What the HooHa? People PRINT that thing????? No wonder some of you seem good at this.....

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2008 - 01:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Macavity wrote:
What the HooHa? People PRINT that thing????? No wonder some of you seem good at this.....

There are reference sheets with just the essentials on them for those not wanting to strip bare vast swathes of forest...I don't have links for them, though, sorry....