16 coaches online • Server time: 02:41
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Chaos Draft League R...goto Post anyone know how to c...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Should you foul 1 turners?
yes
85%
 85%  [ 141 ]
No
1%
 1%  [ 2 ]
I Dont Agree With fouling
12%
 12%  [ 21 ]
Total Votes : 164

Unxerxes

Post   Posted: May 01, 2004 - 01:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Not to mention a ag5-leaping one-turner... hardly a chance to stop him

Post   Posted: May 01, 2004 - 01:04 Reply with quote Back to top

clockbob wrote:
The only 1 turner that dosn t deserve a foul is a ttm one tunrer. those are the coolest

Well, they tend to sort themselves out all on their own...Long Live the Flying Block Surprise!

Twisted Evil
Squiggy

Post   Posted: May 01, 2004 - 06:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Nobody seems to complain about Goblins, and to a lesser extent, Halflings, who START with a fresh TR100 team with one turners. Granted, the odds of successfully pulling off a gobbo/'fling one turner are fairly low, but when it gets pulled off... Beauty!

My Skaven team has a 1-turner, and a second GR that's on his way to becoming one, because the first has -AV, and so I'm expecting him to die fairly soon, if I can't retire him first.
I've also got a GR Blitzer, with block and strip ball so far. I'll probably develop a fourth as the one to cause havoc in the team lines.

I agree that they are point sinks, and should be replaced regularly to keep a team viable, but there's nothing wrong with having them. It's like those teams that have a single dirty player, and only use it as insurance. If your opponent starts playing rough, bring out the DP. If you need the a quick touchdown to give you the edge, bright out the 1-turner.
SnakeSanders

Post   Posted: May 01, 2004 - 13:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Foul 1 turners
Foul Treemen
Foul wardancers
Foul Linemen
Foul Zombies

I dont care what it is, my undead will foul it! Fouling experienced players is more fun when you kill them especially 1 turners but i also enjoy killing ag 4 beastmen Smile
Frankenstein

Post   Posted: May 01, 2004 - 13:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Don't forget the senseless turn 8 foul against skillless Flings!

You owe it to the fans!
Loof

Post   Posted: May 01, 2004 - 14:56 Reply with quote Back to top

I dont get all this irritation with one turners, only time its realy advantageous to score in one turn is when you only have one turn left. I mean making a early oneturner against a slow team just gives the slow team more time to score.
Also i think what makes oneturners usefull isnt that the other team is stronger of anything like that... its because stalling is a part of the game. And as long as stalling is part of the game, oneturners are needed for fast teams to be able to win a game where no drive fails...
Anyway to sum up i dont get the big deal with this, and have no problem with either stalling or oneturners.
JanMattys

Post   Posted: May 01, 2004 - 16:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
Not to mention a ag5-leaping one-turner... hardly a chance to stop him

uhm... I'll make a one-turner out of my GR, then... He's an AG5-leaping skaven... Laughing

Post   Posted: May 01, 2004 - 17:32 Reply with quote Back to top

If you're facing a 1 turner and you know it, spread you defense and hope for tackle. Personally, I'm tired of elves dancing through ant D with dodge. I'm tired of Amazons always getting POWs when I only get PUSH/POWs that doesn't affect zons.......Tactics are the tools you use to achieve your goal, be it winning, ot be it cramming your opponent's dead broken bodies into the pitch.

Mac