36 coaches online • Server time: 11:52
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Chaos Draft League R...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Heruwulfar

Post 5 Posted: May 03, 2004 - 18:19 Reply with quote Back to top

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=group&op=view&group=803

i have 160 k to spend and im 1 player down for the next game, facing WE.
my own pick right now would be a WE, with a blitzer as a second alternative.
maybe even freeboot an extra blitzer or should i save the money?

any serious comments appriciated.
Mully

Post   Posted: May 03, 2004 - 18:26 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd go with the WE. Frenzy will keep your opponent away from the sideline and the extra dodge player will be usefull since the opp. has no "tackle".

Don't free boot unless you are in the playoffs or it's a must win game. Otherwise you are just pissing money away.

Post   Posted: May 03, 2004 - 18:30 Reply with quote Back to top

I would go with a second blitzer. I don't think the sidelines are your biggest worry, it is more the speed of his players. Having another MA 7 player with block is more important, to me, then risking a frenzy once he has gotten past you.

Also you don't want to give up any armor vs this team. Keeping your entire team at AV 8 gives them no real target to take out. Attrition should go your way.

Lastly get kick on that team, damnit. all that block and no kick, kick is your best friend.

Asperon Thorn
Heruwulfar

Post   Posted: May 03, 2004 - 18:54 Reply with quote Back to top

i liked kick in the beginning mr thorn but nowadays i "always" seem to get bad kick so its usefulness is somewhat limited.
thanks both of you. i think i ll stick with the WE.

Post   Posted: May 03, 2004 - 19:40 Reply with quote Back to top

i vote for witche.
cause if you look at the other team, your major trouble will be the catcher who already have block... so another blitzer will not be useful against him but frenzy can Smile
dodge can save rr too... witche the good choice i think.
For the freeboot you don t need it but think about a wizard... a lighting in the face of the catcher can save your game too Smile

Post   Posted: May 03, 2004 - 20:04 Reply with quote Back to top

if you roll Bad Kick, the Kick skill is even more important, right? I mean, then it's just 1D6 as usual... or is it?
Lamoron

Post   Posted: May 03, 2004 - 20:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
if you roll Bad Kick, the Kick skill is even more important, right? I mean, then it's just 1D6 as usual... or is it?

Nope, then it's 1d6 + (1d6/2 rounded down), wich can make the difference more often than not, since average of 2d6 is a touchback, but average with kick is not.

If understand the rules correctly ofcourse Very Happy , but your point still stands, with a bad kick, kick skill is even more important.
Uber

Post   Posted: May 03, 2004 - 20:58 Reply with quote Back to top

I think it's 2D6/2

Post   Posted: May 03, 2004 - 21:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, I think it's 1d6/2 (rounded down) + 1d6/2 (rounded down)...
Lamoron

Post   Posted: May 03, 2004 - 22:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
LRB:
Bad Kick: The ball scatters a number of squares
equal to the roll of two dice on the kick-off,
instead of only one dice.

Quote:
LRB:
Because his kick is so accurate, the number of squares that the ball scatters on kick-off is halved, rounding any fractions
down (ie, 1 = 0, 2-3 = 1, 4-5 = 2, 6 = 3).

After re-reading the rules, my bid would be 2d6, and half the result rounded down. Embarassed
Heruwulfar

Post   Posted: May 03, 2004 - 23:08 Reply with quote Back to top

but the whole point with kick as i see it is that you can place the ball in "odd" places like near the end zone or on any of the sides. you dont want to place an accurate kick right in the middle making it easy for the recievers to get it.
and if you place it near the bounds and still get bad kick then its pretty useless.
besides with the speed of the WE atleast it makes little difference where you place it.

hm a wiz would be funny and annoying. i ll think about it ash Smile

Post   Posted: May 04, 2004 - 00:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Kicking is an artform in itself - you have to know how close you can aim to the sidelines. With Kick, I normally aim for the 4th square in from both boundaries in whatever corner I aim for. Occasionally, I'll aim for the centre of one flank, if my opponent seriously overloaded on the other flank. Without Kick, you have to aim dead centre and it will still go out on a Bad Kick more often than not, and sometimes on a regular kick too.
AsperonThorn

Post   Posted: May 04, 2004 - 01:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Ash wrote:
i vote for witche.
cause if you look at the other team, your major trouble will be the catcher who already have block... so another blitzer will not be useful against him but frenzy can Smile
dodge can save rr too... witche the good choice i think.
For the freeboot you don t need it but think about a wizard... a lighting in the face of the catcher can save your game too Smile

A frenzy witch elf that may throw a skull and a block pow, against an MA9 reciever that has block can end up as a turnover. The reason that I would choose the blitzer is to avoid the turnover. Not to mention he has a few MA 8 linemen that can make frenzying very dangerous.

Plus since this is a league, the team will have to go on. The next team is Orcs. And throwing an AV 7 witch vs orcs with only one Blitzer for support will be dangerous. He also has to start working toward tackle on a blitzer because the next match after Orcs be Skaven. So getting a blitzer that gets tackle before dodge would be a good idea.

If looking at the team vs the Woodies was the only thing to look at, that yeah I would consider the witch as well. But he really needs to plan past the woodies, and a Blitzer is definately a safer bet, without giving up that much for the immediate game.

Asperon Thron
Heruwulfar

Post   Posted: May 04, 2004 - 19:52 Reply with quote Back to top

im pleased to announce that my newly recruited WE, raykon venomlover, performed quite nice in her first game with 1 CP, 1 CAS and 1 TD. would be nice if she kept getting skills at this rate (one per game) hehe.
1 lineman has also learn how to kick good. i hope it will come in handy against the slow orcs.
hail khaine!