51 coaches online • Server time: 23:44
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post All Star Bowl!goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post test mode doesnt wor...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Sasquatch

Post   Posted: May 21, 2003 - 04:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Does there exist a "Welcome to Fumbbl" document, with points on how to connect, find games, use the client, etc? I ask this because I find myself repeating myself in channel assisting people get off the ground, and it would be nice to be able to point them at something consistent.

Or should I write it myself? Smile
cjohnsto

Post   Posted: May 21, 2003 - 04:05 Reply with quote Back to top

There is it is called getting started and it is in the help/FAQ section. I personally believe that if people can't manage to workout that the help section may be a good section to look at when they need help, then they have more to worry about then how to get a game of bloodbowl.
EvolveToAnarchism

Post   Posted: May 21, 2003 - 04:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Here's the link to the getting started page http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=help&op=gettingstarted
It looks like it's pretty thorough, but if you think there's something that needs to be added, just edit the page/text and send it to Christer. I'm sure he wouldn't mind any well thought out edits.

As Always,
Evolve To Anarchism

Post   Posted: May 21, 2003 - 04:35 Reply with quote Back to top

also read the rule book. There is a link to it in the getting started section.
Sasquatch

Post   Posted: May 21, 2003 - 04:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Hmmm, I'd forgotten about that page... it isn't so bad, but skips any info about Bowlbot, the IRC channel, the Proxy, coach etiquette, the TR/STR system.

Yeah, I'll think about enhancing the documentation over the coming weekend.
DaDermuhl

Post   Posted: May 21, 2003 - 09:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Thats true what sasquatch said. Infos about the bowlbot would be nice. Also how it works with the proxy would be good to know.
But if someone needs help there is the chat (via the java-applet it is simple to get into it). There you get help from almost any player. At least thats what i recognized. You will find there people who know what to do and who can explain you something if you want to know.
 Jump to: